View Full Version : Think I Spun the Hub in My Prop

blaruffa
07-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Hey SB'ers. Driving back to day I think I spun my hub in my prop. Tell me if this sounds like the issue.

Driving along about 4200RPM, Motor Raced up, and boat slowed down.

I could put the boat in gear and it would move forward, as soon as I got above 1300rpm the motor would rev up but boat would slow down.

I was able to get home as long as I didn't
go above 1300rpm.

thefishingfreak
07-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Ayup. Spun hub in prop.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raider Ronnie
07-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Replace it with a merc hub/prop insert type.
Problem with be solver for good.

blaruffa
07-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks guys :)

thefishingfreak
07-16-2011, 08:23 PM
I tried those repaceable plastic hub props and it seems like a good idea. I smashed a Rock off green island and had to get towed in because the plastic hub exploded inside making it impossible to swap to my spare prop without a prop puller on dry land.

Raider Ronnie
07-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I tried those repaceable plastic hub props and it seems like a good idea. I smashed a Rock off green island and had to get towed in because the plastic hub exploded inside making it impossible to swap to my spare prop without a prop puller on dry land.

Never had it spin the hub did you ! :rollem:
Maybe you should avoid smashing rocks and wrapping lobster pot lines :rotf2:

blaruffa
07-17-2011, 09:31 AM
The good news was the hub was one of the replaceable ones. Thanks to part guy at Edwards Boatyard is told me it was replaceable and he had a spare, will be back on the water this afternoon.

Raven
07-17-2011, 10:22 AM
The good news was the hub was one of the replaceable ones. Thanks to part guy at Edwards Boatyard is told me it was replaceable and he had a spare, will be back on the water this afternoon.

good news! now buy a spare

buckman
07-17-2011, 03:14 PM

I'm did that and then spun again 11 miles out next trip :wall:I won't trust a rehubbed prop again. I bought new and never had a problem.