View Full Version : Yaking in Maine

5/0
07-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Heading up to Maine with the Family and was looking for some input on outfitters in the York area.

Many thanks.

fishingfred
07-19-2011, 06:00 AM
Eldredge Bros. Fly shop, on Route 1 north end of town.

influx99
07-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Eldridge is great, also kittery trading post has a ton of everything.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

fishbones
07-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Are you looking to rent a yak while you're up there? If you are, you can borrow mine as long as it's during a time when I won't be using it.

5/0
07-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the hits guys,I should of been a little more explanatory as to what I hope to do up there.:smash:
My Wife and 2 kids are heading up to York(as we do every year)this year as the kids are getting older I thought it would be a great experience for them to do some yakking the coast and maybe hit Nubble light house,So my wife jumped on the Maine/York chamber of commerce and looked around for Yakking out fitters/tours she found too but I wanted to get more options & which brought me to here, allot of you guys yak,so why not ask.

Thanks!

fishingfred
07-20-2011, 11:20 AM
the fly shop does rent yaks, along with a few other places in town, Eldredge Hardware for one (just north of the spur road) and there is a place that does guided tours, but the name escapes me right now.

As for "hitting Nubble Light", if your intent is to go on the island, I'm quite sure its posted no tresspassing. Also if plan to launch off the beach for that area, (during the day time anyway) most likely you'll have to do it from the surfing zone, though I'm not positive you can even do that. Ask @ the outfitters.

bart
07-20-2011, 12:10 PM
have fun, Bob!