View Full Version : Man, to be 7 again.......

RIJIMMY
07-20-2011, 08:57 AM
‪IMG 0114‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_IEecA3UMA)

Bronko
07-20-2011, 09:50 AM
I always try to stop and take a minute at times like that to appreciate their innocence. Just the way they enjoy themselves at times like that. My guys are younger, but love doing new and fun things with them. Don't want them to grow up.

Great post. Thanks.

ProfessorM
07-20-2011, 10:15 AM
I act like I am 7 most days, just ask my wife. great post.

RIJIMMY
07-20-2011, 10:33 AM
The boys never left the bow when we were underway. Every wave we hit was followed by laughter. About 20 mins after that was taken we ran into a large of school of blues and the action lasted for close to 3 hours. At times we had triples, and I barely had time to unhook one as I pulled another into the boat. My son was used to it but the 2 other boys, my friends kids, this was their first boat fishing experience. It was a great morning.

FishermanTim
07-20-2011, 10:38 AM
I love being reminded of what it's like being a kid.
Makes me appreciate the simple things in life, and also allows me to simplify what I want to do instead of over thinking and over-rationalizing stupid things.
One aspect from my own childhood that I carry into my middle-aged years is my love of nature. I'm talking "stop and smell the roses and see a weird bug" kind of nature. I can make people gawk and stare at the flood of (semi-)useless information that I consider common knowledge. Kind of like knowing stuff that would only be asked on JEOPARDY.

The most common comment I get when I divulge tidbits from this storehouse of odds and ends is "How the hell do you know that?"
My reply: I've always said that there are those that can know everything about some one thing, or some one thing about everything, so I'd like to at least know something about as much as I possibly can, that way I can at least contribute to almost any conversation!"

I think we've all had those moments when we've pulled an answer "from thin air" to the amazement of friends and family?

Welcome to my world!

fishbones
07-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Great post! You're lucky to have a son that enjoys fishing so much, and he's lucky to have a dad that includes him and gets as much (or more) enjoyment out of doing so.

piemma
07-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Great stuff Jim. Sorry we missed each other.