View Full Version : Anyone ever see

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-27-2011, 08:48 PM
A 39 inch fish that weighed just over 30#s? Picked one up this am. Couldn't believe it. All the other fish had average girths but this thing was almost as round as it was long. It was 39 on the button. I have never seen a fish that shirt weigh so much. Maybe it ate a dozen yoyod pogies. Should have taken a pic.

bart
07-28-2011, 07:04 AM
I caught a 41" fish that went 31#s and I thought that was a fat fish. Only thing in its gut was seaweed :confused: (maybe it was grubbing on the bottom?) you got a pig though...

GattaFish
07-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Not only did it have a full belly but sounds like one that still had eggs in it... I had one recently like that....

Saltheart
07-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Congrats on one fat fish! :)

timmah
07-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Yep 39.5 inch and 30 lbs ALL HEAD. Best fight of the season.

That's a size 14 boot.

fishbones
07-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Congrats on your night, Jay. In college, I once had a chick who was almost as fat as she was tall. Like yours, it's a night I'll never forget.

RIJIMMY
07-28-2011, 11:00 AM
sounds like westportmafia and fishbones had a run in with this girl......

‪AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie Live in Colchester 1978‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQWJog7eYqY)

slow eddie
07-28-2011, 11:55 AM
fish sounds like the "good old days". that's when there was plenty of bait around. instead of pogies inside, just maybe it could have been clam cakes.

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-28-2011, 12:41 PM
No need for Congrats. Boat fish don't count!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

fishbones
07-28-2011, 01:20 PM
No need for Congrats. Boat fish don't count!!

Oh, I thought you were from shore. That answers the question I had. Still a good night for you, though.

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Oh, I thought you were from shore. That answers the question I had. Still a good night for you, though.

Tell drew it's pretty hot at pole 845

fishbones
07-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Tell drew it's pretty hot at pole 845

I'm sure he already knows. He had breakfast with the Canal Cowboy this morning and then they were spending the day riding the bike path together.

JohnnySaxatilis
08-04-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm sure he already knows. He had breakfast with the Canal Cowboy this morning and then they were spending the day riding the bike path together.

Say what you want about the dude, he saved jays truck today after a hasty trip to some hot intel. and left this note for jay!:rotf2:

Singed: Cowboy:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Say what you want about the dude, he saved jays truck today after a hasty trip to some hot intel. and left this note for jay!:rotf2:

Singed: Cowboy:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

Cowboy is LEGIT!!!! Bad enough I spent 15 minutes packing my plug bag and left it home. Good thing Johnny sax had my back because I lost the only 2 plugs in my truck. Could have turned out alot worse if the cowboy didn't have my back. Nice to know he's a good #^&#^&#^&#^&. I made a post a while back about him to see if anyone knew anything about him and it seems no one did. So it seems he's a good shut. He drove around asking everyone if it was their truck until he found the owner. A big thanks to cowboy!!!!

piemma
08-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Yep.

fishbones
08-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Wow, the Cowboy is a good samaritan. That's very cool of him to do that.

Paul, that's a real fattie. Nice fish.

piemma
08-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Wow, the Cowboy is a good samaritan. That's very cool of him to do that.

Paul, that's a real fattie. Nice fish.

Thanks man. 39.5" 32.5#

JohnnySaxatilis
08-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks man. 39.5" 32.5#

daym nice paul:uhuh: another rediculously fat fish, good to see

Mike P
08-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Not only did it have a full belly but sounds like one that still had eggs in it... I had one recently like that....

My thoughts exactly. Some fish don't drop their eggs for whatever reason. I caught one about 32" a few years back and kept it. It had to go close to 18 lbs, and when I opened it to see what it had been stuffing itself on, I found a mass of dead eggs that were the color and consistency of green Pla-Doh.

Mike P
08-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Cowboy is LEGIT!!!! Bad enough I spent 15 minutes packing my plug bag and left it home. Good thing Johnny sax had my back because I lost the only 2 plugs in my truck. Could have turned out alot worse if the cowboy didn't have my back. Nice to know he's a good #^&#^&#^&#^&. I made a post a while back about him to see if anyone knew anything about him and it seems no one did. So it seems he's a good shut. He drove around asking everyone if it was their truck until he found the owner. A big thanks to cowboy!!!!

He's a real nice guy who loves to ride his bike with the Man in Black cranking on his CD player. He probably rides 30+ miles a day, then dances and strums his guitar in the parking lot afterwards. Never caused anyone any problems at all, as far as I know. A little friendlier to the hot chicks but that's only natural. :grins:

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-05-2011, 02:28 PM
My thoughts exactly. Some fish don't drop their eggs for whatever reason. I caught one about 32" a few years back and kept it. It had to go close to 18 lbs, and when I opened it to see what it had been stuffing itself on, I found a mass of dead eggs that were the color and consistency of green Pla-Doh.

That fat pig had 7 pogie heads in it. No eggs.

timmah
08-05-2011, 02:50 PM
On the other end of the spectrum I had a 45 inch fish Sat that was only 28 lbs. was healthy and swam away strong.