View Full Version : Help

niko
07-28-2011, 07:24 PM
So I turn on my computer and it automatically tries to open 70 internet explorers. What can I do to fix this

iamskippy
07-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Paul, there are a few things, it sounds like something is in your start up, you can run some scans with spybot, try this as well start > all programs > start up and see what is in there. what OS are you using? most likely you may need to run a more intrusive program, you can use hijack this or use a program called CCleaner and you cna see what is really launching in your startup.

Nebe
07-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Tooooooooooooo. Muyuuuuuuuuuucccccccchhhhhh. Ppppppooooooooooorrrrrrnnnnnn :hihi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ecduzitgood
07-28-2011, 07:50 PM
My old mouse started to do that, it would try and open 2-5 internet explorers because something was wrong with the left click (sticking/worn out:confused:). If you have another mouse try it on that computer. I am not computer savy so it might not help, I just thought I would try and help. Good luck!

iamskippy
07-28-2011, 07:52 PM
My old mouse started to do that, it would try and open 2-5 internet explorers because something was wrong with the left click (sticking/worn out:confused:). If you have another mouse try it on that computer. I am not computer savy so it might not help, I just thought I would try and help. Good luck!

Sticky and worn :rotf2:

niko
07-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Skip to the rescue. Thanks so much man

JohnR
07-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Did it work? Good.

Had I seen this I would have emailed you MalwareAntiBytes, one of the better programs that likely won't trash your machine.

Now run all the M$ updates you haven't done :tooth:

Sticky mouse :rotf2:

niko
07-29-2011, 04:58 AM
it worked. skippy squared me away.

The Dad Fisherman
07-29-2011, 05:06 AM
I usually just rebuild it.....quicker than trying to get it perfectly clean.

Raven
07-29-2011, 05:28 AM
TDF worked on the team that rebuilt
the 6 million dollar man. :grins:
->he was a child scientist :rotf2: in those days

:hs: M$ updates don't work.... :rotflmao:

Usually it is a stuck key....

JohnnyD
07-29-2011, 08:12 AM
I usually just rebuild it.....quicker than trying to get it perfectly clean.
Agreed. Quicker and more reliable to do a clean install.

iamskippy
07-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Agreed. Quicker and more reliable to do a clean install.

For those who dont know, it is. - that option was on the table, however was not needed in this case,

The Dad Fisherman
07-29-2011, 10:54 AM
For those who dont know, it is.

Friekin Kansas City Fans...:rolleyes:

:hihi:

ecduzitgood
07-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Rebuild:confused:, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I should have kept my nose out of this situation, if I can't use a hammer or wrench it's over my head. The sticky mouse problems have ended, I finally realized it was chefchris401 and his threads that were causing the problem with the button sticking:devil2:

The Dad Fisherman
07-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Rebuild as in Reload the O/S to a clean install. Basically wipe the hard drive and install it to its base configuration.

But thats only for people who don't know....

ecduzitgood
07-29-2011, 12:38 PM
And way over my head. For a while my computer was suggesting I run the CHK disk:confused:, I still haven't figured out what that means and something I did must have fixed it because it seems to be running fine:scratch:

iamskippy
07-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Friekin Kansas City Fans...:rolleyes:

:hihi:

go Cheifs!

its about that time

bloocrab
08-04-2011, 09:26 PM
It may even be more helpful for others if when a problem is solved, that the actual findings or actions that corrected their problem be posted. Just a thought...

Back when I was a traveling techie, I used to keep detailed logs of symptoms and corrective actions to save time when attacking similar issues.

iamskippy
08-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Sometimes, the resolution may give away what happened to the PC, and the PC owner may not want it published, however in this case it was your standard clean up / and update OS and Security software's etc.

If it was some crazy obscure non standard issues, i would have posted it, but most of your problem can be fixed by cleaning and updating.

Raven
08-07-2011, 07:56 AM
And way over my head. For a while my computer was suggesting I run the CHK disk:confused:, I still haven't figured out what that means and something I did must have fixed it because it seems to be running fine:scratch:

remember that computers are not sentient beings that know best whats good for them
and often suggest you do things that are totally unnecessary.

would you like to ..............? :rocketem: