View Full Version : Cape cod off season,best month to fish?

Ryan560
08-09-2011, 08:29 PM
I have the opportunity to rent a cottage really cheap in Wellfleet during the off season for a week. I was hoping to hit the canal and try some spots on the upper cape. I know it's probably going to be hit or miss with the canal but I'm thinking october would be a decent month maybe around the new moon? Not looking for spots just some tips on what time of the month/which month would be best.Thanks in advance:uhuh:

Liv2Fish
08-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Oct can be great in and around the ditch.

When it peaks really depends on the severity of the weather systems that come through during the month.

JohnnySaxatilis
08-10-2011, 01:57 AM
early october anywhere on the cape will be ok me thinks, especially the ditch, but being in welfeet!? id hit some outer beaches, not to mention race, or any beach around there, no need to drive an hour to the canal

BTW just saw a show at the beachcomber <---- 259am was worth the drive :)

Ryan560
08-10-2011, 06:50 AM
Thanks guys, looks like I'll shoot for early October then. Fall can't come soon enough...
I'm hoping to dedicate 2 days on the canal and then the rest will be on the Beaches around Wellfleet. Should be a fun time

Rappin Mikey
08-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Mid-late Sept have been better for bigger fish out there for me the last few years.

Mike P
08-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Mid September to mid-October. Even the Canal can cool down after mid-month.

Notaro
08-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Dude...you are staying in Welfleet. Why bother going to the ditch? Don't waste your gas. Listen to those guys. If I were you, I would just hit the outer cape all the way.