View Full Version : Update on Bill and a Big thanks you once Again!!!

Fisherwoman
08-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi all , sorry for the delay in updating everybody on Bill but things have been crazy and just still overwhelming at times. Bill is starting to do a little bit better. He was able to walk the farthest he has ever walked today in rehab. SO some of his physical stuff is coming along slowly.

His ileostomy is still putting out a lot and they have done a battery of tests on him this week. He has been complaining of things catching in his throat since the beginning of this nightmare and they finally did a scope down his stomach to check things out as he has still been dealing with a lot of nausea and vomiting.

Well they had to stretch his throat and now that feeling is gone, he had a stricture in there most likely from all the tubes and crap in his throat so now he can finally eat without feeling like it is not going down. They also changed up a few of his meds which is helping with the nausea a lot better. he still is only able to eat small amounts but they finally got him some protein drinks that taste better so he has been trying to drink at least 2 of them a day.
He is retaining fluid again so they are putting him on meds. for that,
as he had 2 chest ex rays yesterday and he must have a little fluid build up in his lungs as well as his legs are very swollen.

They had to give him another blood transfusion thru the night to help his blood count and also did a upper GI yesterday to check out his bowel as they are seeing a long segment that is getting thicker from the eschemia and they are afraid he may become obstructed again. I pray to god he does not as he just can not take much more and he will be totally upset if they end up having to do surgery again. So we are on pins and needles waiting for the results of that test.

I am trying to file for SS disability for Bill and also find out about his pension as he most likely will not be going back to work. The doctors told us the other day that this eschemia in his bowels could last for 6 months a year or even forever so that was great news!!!

I got home from the hospital last evening around 5:30 got a call from Bill's dad around 6:15 that I needed to come get him in dorchester and take him to the VA, ER in Roxbury. He had some skin removed yesterday on his ear as he has Basil cell cancer and his ear started bleeding a couple of hours after he got home from his appt and he could not get the bleeding to stop, so got home from that around 10:30.

My dad had his scan yesterday on his tumors to see if they shrunk up any from the radiation treatments. so we are waiting for those results and my sister in law has to go for a lumpectomy next week for Breast cancer. YEEEEEE HAAAAAA

I need a freaking vacation.

I want to put out a big THANK YOU to Bigfish and Sgt. Striper and all of you who bought the lures to help Bill and I out, I got the check yesterday and it will definitely help in a big way.

You Guys are the best, please keep the prayers going!!!

BigFish
08-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Much love and good thoughts continue here Jules! Give Bill a big hello for me ok!:)

JohnR
08-10-2011, 01:41 PM
We keeping you guys in our thoughts :btu: !

Raven
08-10-2011, 01:47 PM
saying an extra big prayer 2nite JULES

glad to hear Bill is making some progress.

you have allot on your plate so i will ask
the Good Lord to deliver you strength.

Notaro
08-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Stay strong, Jules! We are praying for you and Bill!

vineyardblues
08-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Sounds like he is on the correct path to recovery :)
T&P sent to you and yours

VB

Swimmer
08-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Tell me they did not send him home to soon from the operation they did in the first place. Bev and I are keeping you in our thoughts every day.

SINGING REELS
08-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Fisherwomen sorry to hear about Billy.

I would appreciate it, if you give him a hug from an old friend and wish him well.

Just tell him this is from some one he once fished for flounder at the Sugar Bowl
when he was awhole lot younger. Now those were the days when you could go fishing and catch some nice fish, without going out in a boat.

Finaddict
08-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Jules ... thanks for the update ...keeping both you and Bill in my prayers

numbskull
08-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Humbling to see the strain you are under. Clearly Bill married the right girl.

jimmy z
08-10-2011, 07:38 PM
I will continue to keep you and Bill, dad and your sister in my prayers. God be with you all!

LT. DAN 2
08-11-2011, 03:49 AM
Prayers for you both continuing...

saltfly
08-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Prayers keep coming,they're working:uhuh: I think of you everytime I tie a fly with those bucktails[dayly].:uhuh:

Sgt Striper
08-11-2011, 09:20 AM
I want to put out a big THANK YOU to Bigfish and Sgt. Striper and all of you who bought the lures to help Bill and I out, I got the check yesterday and it will definitely help in a big way.

You Guys are the best, please keep the prayers going!!!

Just wish I could do more! Hang in, stay tough and take care of yourself too!

And thanks to the Big guy for helping me out with the plug sale!!

Fisherwoman
08-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi Swimmer yes you are correct about your statement. It all started right there.

SINGING REELS I will give him a hug for you and let him know thanks!!!

Thanks Numbskull I appreciate the kudos, But Bill would be right there for me as well, he is one hell of a guy!!!

Keep tying those fly's Saltfly I will have to tie my butt off this winter as I am almost completely out of teaser rigs.

Sgt Striper, you did what you COULD do and I thank you.

I just spoke with Bill's doctor, he has not gotten the GI scan back yet. But they did want to talk to me about Bill's heart, they did an eco on him the other day and his heart is not getting stronger it has actually gotten a little weaker. Last thing I wanted to hear but, they are going to have a cardiology team come in in few weeks and evaluate him and see if he may need a defibulator under the skin, it was not a pace maker it is something that the wires go directly to the heart. But must be very similar.

I actually went out on the water today for a sanity break as I have not been on the boat in a week and a half and that salt air smelled so good, and just running with the sun coming up and the wind in my hair.

It was great to tune out the world for a little while and beat up some fish. Sure do miss my buddy on the boat though. I was hoping he may be well enough to get out and at least fish a little for the fall run. only time will tell but the past few days have seemed to put him back for months. AAAAHHGGGG

mekcotuit
08-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Jules - keeping Bill and you in my prayers. Glad you were able to get out on the boat for a little break. :)

Bobbike
08-12-2011, 06:47 PM
prayers for you and Bill... I know you have alot on your plate...remember you...have a lil time for Jules

Fisherwoman
08-15-2011, 04:41 PM
thanks Bobbike, I try to take a little time for me, but its just really dam hard as there are so many things going on, at least I can get out maybe one day a week for a little time on the water to help keep me balanced.
But this whole situation is so overwhelming and sometimes you just feel like you want to crawl in a box somewhere and wish it all away.

I have not done any charters in a few weeks and feel so guilty but I just can not do everything every week its just too much. I am trying to do enough trips to keep some money rolling in to cover the boat payment and costs but some weeks its just too much.

Thanks again everybody for your thoughts and Prayers, i will update you all soon on how Bill is doing, Still have not gotten his GI results back so will be hitting the doctor up tomorrow about the delay.