View Full Version : Bass Class Returns

DJ Muller
08-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Bass Class-New England returns on Sunday, the 11th of September.
(Don’t worry the Pats play on Monday night!)

For those needing to get a handle on their surfcasting, or looking to up their game, Bass Class may be of interest to you. Here is your chance to learn from expert surfmen, willing to share information that will result in you raising your level.

Once again Dave Anderson will be sharing info. The class is an 8 hour long, striped bass-surfcasting information infusion!
It is packed solid with info!!
We will cover the basics; surfcasting history in the US; Striper science-wind, tides, moon and how bass use their vision, feel, sense of smell and sound to hunt.
We will cover equipment options and usages.
We will cover hard and soft structure and how to use it.
Reading water.
Lure Selection and presentation.
We will cover how to plan a year, how to plan a session, how to fish with purpose and concentration, and keeping records.
Special this year:
The Hunt for Large, The End Game, and Why a Wetsuit?

Those that attended last years Bass Class showed immediate improvement in their surfcasting. Some went from being adrift on the beach to fishing with a purpose. The more experienced guys picked up tips that they said really helped them raise their game and to look at things from different angles, that’s what it is all about.

You will come out of this, if your head doesn’t explode, jacked up and ready to fish with specific purpose. Over 20 guys attended this last year in New England.
Attendees get a bound, note-filled book and a Bass Class T-Shirt, plus added goods!
Cost is: $125.00, Returning members: $60
Email me to register or for more info: djmull13@msn.com

ThrowingTimber
08-11-2011, 07:23 AM
:spam:

96 views zero interest. calling it how I see it. I havent seen any "bass class" donations at any fund raisers the site has?? not 1.

Just saying..

JohnR
08-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Back to your corners please. He has permission to post on this.

Booger, no comments please.

JohnR
08-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Just trying to incite a riot bossman LOL

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Unfunny

SAUERKRAUT
08-11-2011, 12:34 PM
DJ works hard to do what he does.

Bonds, SK

DJ Muller
08-22-2011, 01:37 PM
:spam:

96 views zero interest. calling it how I see it. I havent seen any "bass class" donations at any fund raisers the site has?? not 1.

Just saying..

Timber-
Wow! Pretty interesting...no responses on the board means no interest? Hmmm that is a quite interesting take. And no donations given any where??? Really? You are the one that monitors all donations to all things, is that your heading, I must have missed that? Sorry.

I personally give countless hours back to the surfcasting community in many ways. I help many who email with questions, I don't have to, I like helping others, and it is at times consuming, 5 emails after a long day at work, but I remember what it was like not to get help when I needed answers. I donate plugs, books, money.
I give constantly through the cold months, at the various shows I attend, I give donations all the time to various clubs and associations, I do talks for nothing, I donate guide trips to various fishing clubs for tournaments and fund raisers, I did a personal fund-raiser for a friend who's wife was battling breast cancer, and raised over $400, I didn't have to do that, I wanted to and few know about it, I like it that way. I have stuck twenties in the jar of the Gibbs Memorial numerous times, talked to the guys at the table. Let me ask, for you, should I get receipts every time I stuff a $20 and then post the reciept here for everyone to see?? Then I will have credibility??
Nah-I don't really run that way, don't need the hub-bub, don't want it!
I give back plenty, should I, could I give more, of course I could and will continue to give, but for you to judge me is WAY out of line. I take your comment as offensive. An apology would be good but won't be expected.

Sea of Atlas
08-22-2011, 03:00 PM
it did generate some interest for me. checked out your site and some of your videos. like what you are doing, appreciate those that choose to share with people trying to get somewhere. hope to meet you in the near future.

Hardcore
08-22-2011, 07:27 PM
DJ where are the classes taking place? Were at B.I last week?

chefchris401
08-22-2011, 08:06 PM
I attended bass class last year at the edge, it was well worth my time and money.

I liked the open forum discussions with him and Dave Anderson, you get two different approaches to fishing the same body of water or structure.

A lot of the history of striped bass fishing was covered, pages of scribners magazine, and some other old literature was included in the binder we received.

I tend to be a better learner when I'm showed something or have a discussion about it over just reading it.

There's no subsition for time on the rocks but the class opened my eyes to approaching my fishing in a more systematic way and it has paid for itself by putting more fish at my feet.

Say what you will about DJ, but he works hard for these classes to be successful and to help surfcasters from beginners to "experts" up and down the coast.

It's worth your time and money to come away with some new perspectives and to break the rut we all tend to fall into it. You also get a nice t shirt and binded book that recaps the class for easy reference.

DJ Muller
08-22-2011, 09:29 PM
DJ where are the classes taking place? Were at B.I last week?

The NE Class will be at the Saltwater Edge Shop in Middletown.
Yes, was at the Block last week working the boulders for large, a good time to do so. Problem was nobody told the cows about our appointment. :crying: The water was ridiculously warm.

Chef- Thanks and I want to say that it was good to have you and your posse in the class, it proved that even high-level, hard working surfrats can still learn and hone and adjust and get better, hell I still learn everytime out, when I stop learning they'll be lowering me into the cold soil.

I know you guys fish as hard as anyone and it was a pleasure to work with you! I wish you the best brother!

pbadad
08-23-2011, 06:31 AM
DJ has been a favorite speaker at the CSA club meetings. His enthusiasm and helpful information to the membership has brought light to the art of surfcasting with his seminars. DJ shows compassion with a touch of comedy. He has helped & guides our club group @ Island Beach in the fall for $0. I will post this "bass class" announcement on our club's forum. With the influx of new members eager to learn, this is a great opportunity to accelerate ones learning curve to surfcasting.

Hardcore
08-23-2011, 02:45 PM
You aren't kidding about the warm water. I got one dink that hit a rigged eel nearly his size. I was hoping to go back for the new moon but the pending hurricane killed that idea.

toaster816
08-23-2011, 02:58 PM
You aren't going to run into many successful surfcasters that are as eager to share their knowledge and help as DJ is. Bass class is a chance to learn about the history of our sport and share the passion with like-minded guys. It is as much a place for beginners as it is for salty vets looking to get a different take from guys at the top of their game.

Notaro
08-24-2011, 12:30 AM
DJ Muller is a definitely an amazing surfcaster and author. Dudes, I read his books and articles. I loved them. He breaks down and writes better than Milt Rosko and any of surfcasting instructional writers, I UNDERSTAND the art of it WAY BETTER than any of reading materials or internet forums that I came across with. All of those things that he shared are useful and practical on the books. I learned really a lot from his books, but the bass class is a great way for anyone to learn in person and it will be more hand-on IMO. Although, I never had met him in person or taken one of his bass classes, I wish that I did meet him in person or took one of them.

What makes this guy awesome in my book is that he doesn't think like everyone else, but out of the box and is very creative. He bends traditional approach rules with unconventional ones. I would like to go through the things that he wrote, but it's a lot better if you take his class or read one of his books before making a comment about this man. His book changed my perspective on surfcasting and fishing approaches.

I hope that there's a spot left, but I would hate to ask DJ to request an interpreter for me. =/ I am thinking about taking it because I seem to be loving to fish on the canal more and feel less confident and motivated to fish on breachways and beaches because I feel that they are a lot of works for me.

JohnR
08-24-2011, 10:44 AM
RHM - knock it off.

DJ Muller
08-31-2011, 04:43 PM
I want to put this out there...if someone wants to attend Bass Class and the cost makes it tough, for whatever reason, please feel free to contact me. If you really want to go, we'll make it happen!
Irene has thrown a wrench into just about everybody works.

Shoot me a PM and let's Git-R-Done!

afterhours
08-31-2011, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE=DJ Muller;884099]I want to put this out there...if someone wants to attend Bass Class and the cost makes it tough, for whatever reason, please feel free to contact me.

:kewl: