View Full Version : Weekend Plans??

JohnR
08-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Whats up for the weekend?

Last night was a bit depressing for me. Time getting near for kids to go to school, preseason football comes, the end is near. I'm not ready for it to end - seems like we just got here. Sidelined due to bleeped up knee not helping matters. Soon choices will be need between watching a game and catching a tide. As the days get shorter and the daytime bite gets better, trying to do both at the same time has limited result.

Why bring this up? It seems like the late August cool breeze has come a little early. The fall runs we have in our minds being historically as October has more reliably been September. Too easy to get blown out in October. Too much of this, too much of that, before you know it...

Tired of lying in the sunshine
Staying home to watch the rain
And you are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun

I'm telling you to run - go fishing. Its going to start gearing up soon and then it will be gone.

So what's up for the weekend?

luds
08-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Dog sitting for Raider Ronnie's boxer Dakota (formerly my own). It's funny because she and my other dog are behaving like she never left.

Otherwise fishing, playing soccer, and yard work. I'm off all next week!

bassballer
08-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Dropping my "new" 73' 20CC seacraft in the water this weekend. To say im pumped is an understatement.

Clogston29
08-12-2011, 07:54 AM
i was stressed about trying to squeeze in fishing around hanging with the kid and my wife working all weekend, but after last night i'm not too worried about the fishing. just relax and try to get a few things done around the house and maybe bring my daughter somewhere for a day trip. Rig some eels and get ready for fall when she goes to bed.

Stewie
08-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Replacing windows at Chuckie's house.:jump1:

Rockfish9
08-12-2011, 08:06 AM
I need rest... tonight I'm going to drink like a pirate ( at home) and reaquaint myself with my wife... after this week she probaly has forgotten that I live there... except maybe for the pile of fishy smelling clothes in the washer...:fury:

luds
08-12-2011, 08:09 AM
I need rest... tonight I'm going to drink like a pirate ( at home) and reaquaint myself with my wife... after this week she probaly has forgotten that I live there... except maybe for the pile of fishy smelling clothes in the washer...:fury:

I'm sure she will appreciate that the one night you spend with her you will be a drunken one. :devil2:

Rockfish9
08-12-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm sure she will appreciate that the one night you spend with her you will be a drunken one. :devil2:

LMAO... she'll join me, we'll rehash the week, laugh a little and she'll probably be snoring B 4 me ( B sides.. I never said I was drinking alcohol, just was stating I was thirsty).. she's survived many a season, women like her are a rare and disappearing breed...I dont fish weekends.. she owns me until sunday night.Besides... I've got all winter to drive her bug house...by May she'll be begging me to go fishing!

piemma
08-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Been sick all week. Post cancer operation complications.Yeah, it's back again.

Almost ended up in the ER in San Fran but gutted it out and made it home Tuesday night.

Maybe fish out of the boat Sunday depending how I feel

The Dad Fisherman
08-12-2011, 08:26 AM
In training for most of the weekend...going to try and drown some eels tonight for a couple of hours.

Got a going away to college party for my nephew/godson to go to tomorrow.

teezer
08-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Off to the Falmouth Road Race, our annual trip. It does signal the end of the summer vaca, sad....

Rockfish9
08-12-2011, 08:33 AM
In training for most of the weekend...going to try and drown some eels tonight for a couple of hours.

Got a going away to college party for my nephew/godson to go to tomorrow.

Kevin, if your staying local a FYI... a big school of jumbo choppers moved in last night, they had been laying outside... they put a big dent in my eel supply...

GattaFish
08-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Relax gents.... take a little time to be with the woman,,, Earn some points.. get them irritated so they beg you to go fishing,,,, soon,,:fishin:... of course who am I to give relationship advice...:rotf2::rotf2:

I have plenty to do for now,,, August is usually my slow take it easy rest up month,,,,, But come Sept its on,, Some good trips planned already,,,,

OK,,, reality is I will be working this weekend,,, lol

Liv2Fish
08-12-2011, 08:42 AM
SB Kids Day at Mattapoisett - Kids have been watching OTW tv to get ready...:fishin:

cheferson
08-12-2011, 08:49 AM
getting out with some eels under the moon! The change in the weather pattern should get them going ! Beginning of the Run?:fishin:

vineyardblues
08-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Buying a frig / micro and all that other stuf kids need in college :)

Going to put the boat in the water if I get the chance ,,, time is NOT on my side

lol

JLH
08-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Fishing has been pretty slow but I would still rather be out and not catching than sitting in front of the TV or out at a bar so I’ll be out again most of the weekend. Throwing eels tonight somewhere in RI, beach day with the dog tomorrow and maybe some kayak fluking, hit the surf again Saturday night and then taking the boat out on Sunday… possibly fish again Sunday night.

fishbones
08-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Been sick all week. Post cancer operation complications.Yeah, it's back again.

Almost ended up in the ER in San Fran but gutted it out and made it home Tuesday night.

Maybe fish out of the boat Sunday depending how I feel

That sucks, Paul. Kick it's ass and get yourself feeling better again soon!

Out for dinner with the family tonight, then a kids movie with my son. Fish tomorrow morning, then home to take care of a neglected yard and pool before getting some rest. Tomorrow night going out with the wife for a friends 40th surprise b-day party. Looking forward to taking the son to Mattapoisett for the SB kids fishing day on Sunday.

The Dad Fisherman
08-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Kevin, if your staying local a FYI... a big school of jumbo choppers moved in last night, they had been laying outside... they put a big dent in my eel supply...

Was planning on local....probably plug tonight then......I'll bring a couple fo snakes and if they start getting chomped I'll have a quick trigger on plugs...:hee:

Thanx for the heads up Joe....much appreciated

vanstaal
08-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Going to go back and catch that Tarpon I missed today going to think about the one I lost all day :fury: :fishin: :wall:

Rockport24
08-12-2011, 10:29 AM
on vaca starting tomorrow for two weeks, gonna spend time with my daughter at the beach and try to squeeze in as much fishing as I can, basically kick back and just forget about life for while.

saltyric
08-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Tuna Wishin brite and early tomorrow......Plugs from the surf sunday morning.

DZ
08-12-2011, 10:34 AM

Going to hear those lyrics tonight (Friday). "The Machine" performs Pink Floyd favorites in Newport at the Newport Yachting Center. 7pm
Tickets $20.

Saw them last year and it was a blast, lazer show the whole works.

If your a Pink Floyd junkie like me come on down and join me for a beer.

DZ

justintrask
08-12-2011, 10:36 AM
headin out around midnight to jig the ditch a bit...

Steve K
08-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Whats up for the weekend?

Last night was a bit depressing for me. Time getting near for kids to go to school, preseason football comes, the end is near. I'm not ready for it to end - seems like we just got here. Sidelined due to bleeped up knee not helping matters. Soon choices will be need between watching a game and catching a tide. As the days get shorter and the daytime bite gets better, trying to do both at the same time has limited result.

Why bring this up? It seems like the late August cool breeze has come a little early. The fall runs we have in our minds being historically as October has more reliably been September. Too easy to get blown out in October. Too much of this, too much of that, before you know it...

I'm telling you to run - go fishing. Its going to start gearing up soon and then it will be gone.

So what's up for the weekend?

I feel the same way. Summer is going by way too fast and I don't like what is on the other side. I enjoy fishing in September but I will take June anyday.

MAKAI
08-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Hanging out with Mom & Dad on Nantucket.
Trying not to buy $27 baseball hats.

Hang in there Paul. Dig in your heels. Go fish.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Grapenuts
08-12-2011, 01:15 PM
The great thing about weekends is I never have to plan to do anything..the wife already has that under controll by the wed.before.

bassballer
08-12-2011, 01:16 PM
The great thing about weekends is I never have to plan to do anything..the wife already has that under controll by the wed.before.

Story of my life right now.

Swimmer
08-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Splitting wood

Fishing

RIJIMMY
08-12-2011, 01:37 PM
met with boss today and he said the next few weeks will be absolute hell, I've thought that about the last few months!
So I could stress all weekend or...
tonight dinner/drinks with friends, kids are both away for the night
tomorrow, early am get some snappers for bait and head out for some fluke
dinner at my sisters
sunday, plan with the wife for the next few weeks, try to minimize the impact of work on the home life.

tattoobob
08-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Clean the pool tomorrow morning, then lay in the sun and swim the rest of the day, Sunday maybe hit the canal weather depending

agsurfr
08-12-2011, 04:12 PM
I am envisioning a large circular rock, spinning, with my nose mashed into it...

Adam_777
08-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Was invited to go out for some tuna but never got the call back.Now I'll put in 8hrs of OT for Sat and Sun I'll lounge and eat some littlenecks and maybe a lobster.

jasonsnova
08-12-2011, 08:08 PM
well last weekend i dragged the boat to ct (had a reunion on sat and was gonna fish sunday)m but awoke to crazy flood like rain....boat and i came home only being wet by rain, so i'm gonna try LI sound again tomarrow, launching out of old saybrook. Fluke by day bass at night.......full moon

striperman36
08-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Fly home. yaaa, watch my son's summer play.

Fish Sunday, throw crew overboard,

try not to think about Service Oriented Architectures and Federated Single Signon for maybe 10-30 consecutive minutes.

piemma
08-13-2011, 03:42 AM
Fly home. yaaa, watch my son's summer play.

Fish Sunday, throw crew overboard,

try not to think about Service Oriented Architectures and Federated Single Signon for maybe 10-30 consecutive minutes.

..and what no MFA with the SSO?

5/0
08-13-2011, 07:28 AM
Story of my life right now.

I'll third the motion,it's insane how the wives can orchestrate weekend plans(months in advance):love:
This summer is buzzin by way to fast.
On call so taking it fairly easy,went to bed last night @ 2100hrs. & slept till 0745 I needed it.
Today some yard work,get some eels,play with the kids and head out to a friends house for some lite :buds: then hit the h2O in the AM.

doc
08-13-2011, 07:36 AM
...on call all weekend so the fishing will take place in my head...

afterhours
08-13-2011, 10:08 AM
was planning on fishing in the skiff...but it looks like i'm stuck in the cardiac unit at kent hospital for the near future :fury:

tysdad115
08-13-2011, 10:38 AM
was planning on fishing in the skiff...but it looks like i'm stuck in the cardiac unit at kent hospital for the near future :fury:

Hope all is ok Don.

Swimmer
08-13-2011, 11:04 AM

I as well hope everything is O.K.

GregW
08-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Hanging out the rest of the day. Fishing again tommorow and then contemplating taking a short break from fishing

5/0
08-13-2011, 06:04 PM

Rest up Don there will be other tides to catch,get well & best wishes.

Bob