View Full Version : Usb devices

Saltheart
08-18-2011, 11:40 AM
My usb devices all show in my device manager but drives not in explorer. They used to show. Reboot no help.

bloocrab
08-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Not sure why you lost them, but a "last resort" of sorts, would be to uninstall them through device manager, reboot, and allow your PC to re-identify/install them.

Sometimes thats the "quickest" way...:uhuh:

iamskippy
08-18-2011, 09:56 PM
what operating system ?
what kind of drive's / devices are you attaching?

Raven
08-19-2011, 06:12 AM
they should also be listed in my computer

Saltheart
08-19-2011, 11:37 AM
There is a usb drive, a camera dock that reads the sd card in the camera and a Magic Jack phone device.

I figure I'll try unplugging them all and replugging. If that fails I'll try uninstalling like bloocrab suggests.

Damned things were all working fine at one point.

I'm running Win 7. All updates are current.

JohnR
08-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Did you power down, disconnect, and reboot?

Try in safe mode?

First, try different ports with one of the devices that is self powered (like the external drive)

Second - if you have one - plug in a powered USB hub and then try one drive.

Third, with one device in - go to right click on Computer > Manage > Storage > Disk Management - see if the device is listed there.

You can try this software: View any installed/connected USB device on your system (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) to see if it can see the device(s).

Saltheart
08-19-2011, 03:43 PM
All set.

On reboot I noticed me boot sequence in the bios was jumbled. I fixed that.

To get drive working I depowered its external docking station.

Camera was a bitch but depower docking station ,disconnect usb plug then turn the camera off and on in the docking station got it working.

Magic Jack was a simple unplug and replug usb cable from the jack itself.

For the bios to get jumbled, the computer must have gotten a good jolt. Had to be during the 8 days I was in the hospital. Who knows what happened.

Thanks for the help.