View Full Version : Road Signs

PRBuzz
08-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Found this posted on FB, wouldn't hurt to have similar signs posted in MA. The trouble with these signs: too many words! Traffic would be backed up for miles due to people just trying to read the sign(s)!:wall:

Has anyone ever noticed that about the electronic signs stationed along the highways, they always seem to slow down traffic as drivers try to read all 10 words as they fly bye!:fury: Even worse is when message continues onto page 2...:smash:

Hookedagain
08-21-2011, 09:02 AM
There should be signs like that on the water for sailboats.

wrench
08-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Didn't know there were lanes on the water.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

justplugit
08-21-2011, 11:12 AM
LOL, i think the sign industry is the only one in the country that's booming.

ecduzitgood
08-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Makes perfect sense to me. It is the drivers who won't move over that cause the traffic. I have been trying to think of a sticker to make up to address the morons who cause the traffic.
If there is room in front of you and cars stacked up behind you then you are causing the traffic, at any speed. I see it all the time.

Why do we find ourselves coming to a stop on the highway? There are no stop signs, no stop lights and no accidents, yet we have bumper to bumper traffic. It's the morons who don't want to hit their brakes at all and hang back from the car in front of them making others attempt to go around which causes others to alter their speed which creates a domino affect leading to cars being at a stop a short distance back.
How many times have you seen a small backup start because someone won't move over and yet won't do the speed limit because they are anticipating having to hit the brakes? It doesn't take many cars to create the backup either. Watch the next time you start to get out of the back up and you will see MORONS still doing ridiculously slow speed anticipating they might have to alter their speed or course. You manage to get by the MORON doing 50 in a 65 and you can now do 80 if you want , but no! The Moron feels they own the highway and you can just go around:fury::fury::fury::fury:.

I had to go to Bar Harbor twice in the last 2 months and found myself behind A-HOLE, MORONS who felt they owned the passing lane. When I could finally get by them I would put my arm out the window and point at the "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS" signs. Yeah I have road rage, but I move over when there is someone who wants to get by no matter how fast I'm going, why cause them or myself the aggravation. Move over let the person by and no one is upset, you aren't mad at the tailgater and they aren't mad at you for blocking them, and they are gone. But no, they say to themselves "F-ck the guy in the rearview mirror who is tailgating me" why because I am an A-hole who has my head up my arse.
MOVE over and let them go by...everyone one is happy or are you an A-hole?
I've got to get me a cross bow:devil2:

There ought to be a $1000 dollar fine for not letting people go by. If an unmarked cop car is behind a speeding vehicle and they refuse to get over when they can there should be a $1000 fine added to the speeding ticket for being an A-HOLE/MORON.

LET the person go by and no body is getting hurt, it's not a F-cking race you can let someone pass you........MORONS!
One of the benefits of having a cut tendon on my right hand that connects to my middle finger!
I may come off as a jerk, but I'm just very opinionated and not smart enough to bite my lip :( ; but when you want to get by me, take notice how quickly I get out of your way (I don't need the hassle).

I need to go fishing so I will calm down, sorry for the rant.

ecduzitgood
08-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Hmmmmm, am I missing out? Notice the guy in the lower right side and the tide is going west????
Cape Cod Canal, Telecam, US Army Corps of Engineers (http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/recreati/ccc/telecam/telecam3e.htm)

Damn too late I can't get live eels tonight and the weather doesn't look good for the yak :(

Here is a good rule of thumb....If your driving under the speed limit and there is more than 4car lengths between you and the car in front of you and the traffic is somewhat heavy your part of the problem or cause for back ups. Please just put the effort into driving well and be prepared to use your brakes or change lanes when necessary, we will all be better off and get where we are going in a more efficient fuel saving manner. Stop being lazy, they put brakes and directionals in a vehicle to be used.

Backbeach Jake
08-21-2011, 06:27 PM
And while you're at it look up the words "yield" and "merge". Learn to read the picture signs, you know the ones that tell you that your lane is ending...like where 495 goes from 3 to 2 lanes or Rt.6 goes from 2 to 1 lane.

ecduzitgood
08-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Yield is a forgotten word, remember the simple rule of If they are coming from your left you should yield. I wish they would teach courteous driving. I straightened my sister out about cars going around her on the highway (while speeding) and her picking up speed just to make it tough for them to get back into the passing lane, I told her thats being a major a-hole...let them pass and your not bothered by them anymore, why should you care what other drivers are doing wrong (speeding)...let them go and everyone is happy...pretty simple non confrontational solution. Why do some people insist on being a nuisance, let them go by and forget about them..maybe you'll see their brake lights come on when they are in front of you which will alert you to a cop/speed trap and they will get the speeding ticket not you, you will also get the benefit of seeing what you thought was an a-hole/tailgater getting a ticket:rotf2:.
LET THEM/ME PASS, I'm not slowing them down but they feel they should slow me down=A-HOLE.

JohnnyD
08-22-2011, 10:51 AM
They have signs like that (Stay in this lane except to pass) on US95 as you get further south. Only two lanes for most of NC through GA and it's rare that I've had issues with people going too slow in the left lane. Unlike up here where people go 62MPH in the left lane of a 3-lane highway.

Swimmer
08-22-2011, 02:10 PM
How about if your doing 70 m.p.h. on route 25 north at the beginning of 495 in the outside or passing lane to get around and by traffic going onto the ramp to 495, and this chick in a suburban comes onto your ass about a foot away from your bumper. You look in your mirror and she is looking down at her cell phone probably texting her friend some #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& is in my way keeping me from picking you up sooner.

My 70 m.p.h. speed couldn't have been too bad because after I put my blinker on and she went by I slowed down to 65 m.p.h. and barely overtook me. She just didn't like me being in front of her.

Yield, the word, in relation to driving a motor vehicle doesn't exist anymore.

fishbones
08-22-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm just curious. Do you guys realize that sign is fake?

JohnnyD
08-22-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm just curious. Do you guys realize that sign is fake?
I do. But there are highways that have a similar sign. Basically, like this:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2561/5748935311_0f455be56a.jpg

tysdad115
08-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Is this on every marina entrance?

Backbeach Jake
08-22-2011, 05:14 PM
How about if your doing 70 m.p.h. on route 25 north at the beginning of 495 in the outside or passing lane to get around and by traffic going onto the ramp to 495, and this chick in a suburban comes onto your ass about a foot away from your bumper. You look in your mirror and she is looking down at her cell phone probably texting her friend some #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& is in my way keeping me from picking you up sooner.

My 70 m.p.h. speed couldn't have been too bad because after I put my blinker on and she went by I slowed down to 65 m.p.h. and barely overtook me. She just didn't like me being in front of her.

Yield, the word, in relation to driving a motor vehicle doesn't exist anymore.

Some folks can't stand the idea of someone else ahead of them, the just have to take the lead. I like the andrettis who pass everything in sight then slow dow when the road ahead is devoid of another vehicle. I really think that they don't want the responsibility of looking for the police alone..

tattoobob
08-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Some folks can't stand the idea of someone else ahead of them, the just have to take the lead. I like the andrettis who pass everything in sight then slow dow when the road ahead is devoid of another vehicle. I really think that they don't want the responsibility of looking for the police alone..

That person would be called Alpha Dog

Raider Ronnie
08-22-2011, 07:58 PM
LOL, i think the sign industry is the only one in the country that's booming.

Ya, thats all the hacks we keep voting in patting themselves on the back for pissing away our $