View Full Version : Opposums are dumb

Swimmer
08-25-2011, 03:06 PM
I my leave my have-a-heart trap set up against my barn facing towards the wall. The last two weeks I haven't baited it. Every three days, maybe four, there is an opposum sound asleep inside the closed trap. One was so small the other day it must have only been a few months old. They must smell in the trap, on the metal, the first opposum who decided to sleep off what he had for his last meal in the trap. That one did stink pretty bad. Just for chits and giggles I threw some lawn mushrooms in the trap yesterday, and I am waiting to see if anythng goes to dinner. My wife thinks they are all dead laying there, but they are just snoozing.

Raven
08-25-2011, 04:31 PM
I My wife thinks they are all dead laying there, but they are just snoozing.

they are playing Possum.....so they will be ignored.

kinda dumb doing it in the trap tho... :)

Rob Rockcrawler
08-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Funny Possum story. I work at a linen rental company. We get our soiled linen back from a couple depots in these big wheeled carts and i have my employees hang the laundry bags. So i had a Puerto Rican and a dude from Ghana hanging the soil. THey come running from the loading dock screaming that they found a skunk. A good sized possum apparently made it way into the linen looking for food. I guess in Ghana there is a similar animal that will burrow into the ground and eat dead people that are buried, this dude was freaking, telling me that they are the devil.

Swimmer
08-26-2011, 01:43 PM
they are playing Possum.....so they will be ignored.

kinda dumb doing it in the trap tho... :)

Craig, its just kind of funny that I tried in vain to trap my first woodchuck for two weeks, and now I am taking reservations and dont' have to hand out appetizers.

Raven
08-26-2011, 06:19 PM
i got sumthin in mine now to but it might be deer

cuz it ate a cabbage in half

but as we were leaving home the other day
we saw some animal beside the road
about to cross the road

it was a definite tan...real low to the ground 50lbs +
but, musta been a bob cat because it was gone in an instant
and we saw no tail what so ever... :huh:

justplugit
08-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Craig, its just kind of funny that I tried in vain to trap my first woodchuck for two weeks, and now I am taking reservations and dont' have to hand out appetizers.

LOL. :D

justplugit
08-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Never forget, came home one night and as I turned
into the driveway the lights hit a Bobcat sitting in the
middle of the driveway kinda caught in the headlights
He took off at mach speed. :)

They are a beautiful animal.

Raven
08-28-2011, 12:15 PM
perfect description Dave.... "Mach Speed"

thats what we both said....