View Full Version : Bluefish by HAND

UserRemoved1
08-30-2011, 10:25 AM
No Rod, No Reel, No Problem - 8/26/11 - Vineyard Gazette Online (http://www.mvgazette.com/article.php?31747)

woah

MarshCappa
08-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Gear is so over rated.

Gary
08-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Love it, Wait untill they start doing this in Chatham.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

numbskull
08-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Not what it sounds. You see "belly-ache bluefish" upside down and finning all the time in warm weather in Vineyard sound. I think they get sick or distended from over eating. You can grab them if you want. My prior dog used to jump out of the boat and try to get them.

rolm
09-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Not what it sounds. You see "belly-ache bluefish" upside down and finning all the time in warm weather in Vineyard sound. I think they get sick or distended from over eating. You can grab them if you want. My prior dog used to jump out of the boat and try to get them.

Article ended with him saying that when he filleted the fish, the back had been broken. They guessed that it had been attacked by a seal.

Rockport24
09-02-2011, 01:53 PM
yeah the bottom line is that this guy isn't some kind of super Bruce Lee type, he just picked up a couple of wounded fish out of the surf! Would be illegal if it was a bass wouldn't it?

ReelinRod
09-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Couple years ago my son caught a baby blue shark by hand in Jersey in the pocket of Island Beach State Park's jetty. It was in the shallows chasing baby pomps and after trying to catch it with bunker chunks without success the shark got within striking distance and he hands me the rod, "hold this". LOL

I tell him that it isn't a doggie, it's got real teeth and can get you even if you grab the tip of its tail . . . he, in perfect 17 yo practice says, "I'll be fine" . . .

He was and the fish was released after a few identifying shots.

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr328/Surf_Fishing_Guru/gregshark.gif

iamskippy
09-02-2011, 07:08 PM
looks like he did it hill billy hand fishing style the left hand appears missing.