View Full Version : Ground Zero Mosque, AKA Park 51

Fly Rod
08-31-2011, 07:36 PM
The ground zero mosque, called Park 51, has applied for a $5 million grant of federal funds from the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation. The Corporation, set up to rebuild lower Manhattan after 9-11 is actively considering the grant request. Imagine! A federal entity set up to rebuild lower Manhattan giving tax money to a mosque designed to celebrate the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans!
The ground zero mosque will offer courses in Shariah Law and will doubtless spawn hundreds of new terrorists eager to pick up where the 9-11 hijackers left off.
Officially, the federal funds would not go to religious activities, but to “fund social service programs for all the residents of Lower Manhattan such as domestic violence prevention, Arabic and other foreign language classes, programs and services for homeless veterans, two multi-cultural art exhibits and immigration services,” according to its grant application.

What ever happened to separation of church & state?

FEDERAL FUNDS FOR GROUND ZERO MOSQUE??? #^&#^&#^&#^& MORRIS TV: LUNCH ALERT! at #^&#^&#^&#^&Morris.com (http://www.#^&#^&#^&#^&morris.com/blog/federal-funds-for-ground-zero-mosque-#^&#^&#^&#^&-morris-tv-lunch-alert/)

likwid
08-31-2011, 07:41 PM
A federal entity set up to rebuild lower Manhattan giving tax money to a mosque designed to celebrate the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans!

I'm sorry I have to ask this, but if you believe what you're posting, are you high or just #^&#^&#^&#^&ing dumb?

Fly Rod
08-31-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm sorry I have to ask this, but if you believe what you're posting, are you high or just #^&#^&#^&#^&ing dumb?

Open your eyes.

likwid
08-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Open your eyes.

You need to cease the xenophobic cranium anal insertion syndrome and stop listening to retards that prey on people like you to listen to their BS.

You'd fit right in in Western PA. Plenty of land for sale. Enjoy.

spence
08-31-2011, 09:18 PM
I thought ignorance was bliss?

-spence

buckman
09-01-2011, 04:31 AM
You need to cease the xenophobic cranium anal insertion syndrome and stop listening to retards that prey on people like you to listen to their BS.

You'd fit right in in Western PA. Plenty of land for sale. Enjoy.

Your head would freaking explode if Federal funds were being used to build a Catholic church. STFU

likwid
09-01-2011, 04:58 AM
Your head would freaking explode if Federal funds were being used to build a Catholic church. STFU

In January 2001, President Bush created, via Executive Order, the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives. Since then, Centers for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives were established at five federal agencies, assistance and guidebooks were provided to religious groups to help them to apply for federal funds, and websites were created for speedy access to applications.

DERP DERP PFFFTTHTUYTHT DERP :rotf2:

Billion dollars+ goes from the gov to religion per year.

Raven
09-01-2011, 05:30 AM
Your head would freaking explode

i hate when that happens............ :doh:

scottw
09-01-2011, 06:12 AM
In January 2001, President Bush created, via Executive Order, the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.

DERP DERP PFFFTTHTUYTHT DERP :rotf2:

derp?http://usliberals.about.com/od/faithinpubliclife/a/Funds_Faith2.htm

Billion dollars+ goes from the gov to religion per year.

to build churches, mosques and synagogues?

"Should faith-based organizations be permitted by law to compete to administer government programs on the same basis as all other nonprofit organizations?"

The order also directs federal agencies they can no longer refuse to pay private contractors who display religious icons, such as crosses or menorahs on their jobs sites."If a charity is helping the needy, it should not matter if there is a rabbi on the board, or a cross or a crescent on the wall, or a religious commitment in the charter," said Bush.

The order also directs the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to revise its policy on emergency relief so that religious nonprofit groups can qualify for assistance after disasters like hurricanes and earthquakes.

The order does, however, restate existing government policy preventing religious organizations using federal funds from preaching, or "proselytizing" a particular faith, worshiping or providing religious instruction.
this Mosque project is going the way of all Obama backed projects...

August 7, 2011
New Strategy For Ground Zero Mosque
By JanSuzanne Krasner

The Park51 project for a 15-story mosque/community center at Ground Zero, led by developer Sharif El-Gamal and Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, has dwindled down to a much smaller vision, a four or five-story 'PrayerSpace' and community center. This may be a far cry from their original plan, but many are bewildered as to why they are still moving ahead with any planned mosque at this site, given the tremendous negative opinion most Americans have of its location.

Sharif El-Gamal believes in his vision and he is committed to its location at Ground Zero. He admits that the introduction of his idea to the general public was "backwards" and now he is "going back to basics." He believes that he is acquiescing to the community's desire for the building not to tower over Ground Zero and states: "If the community only wants four or five floors, it's going to be four or five floors." This new shorter version will still require El-Gamal to raise about $10 million. He believes that depending on the community board's recommendations could take as much as five years before there are any changes to the Burlington Coat Factory building site.

Meanwhile, in spite of El-Gamal's insistence that he'd like to work with the community, the chairperson of the Community Board, Julie Menin, said that he has not responded to several of her requests to meet to discuss the plans that they would like to see implemented at 45-51 Park Place. Although the community board is not as interested in the blueprints of the building, they do want to have input into the public activities the center will offer. Menin commented: "A tremendous number of young families need services, like classes, recreation and athletic centers."

Since El-Gamal's purchase of this property last year (for $4.85 million in cash) this unpopular and contentious project has undergone several important developments as a result of pressure from the neighborhood community and the American public. El-Gamal has had trouble raising the necessary $150 million to build the original planned Park51, previously known as the 'Cordoba House' Mosque/Community Center at the site that is only two blocks from Ground Zero.

Back in early January, 2011 Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf and El-Gamal cut off their business ties. Rauf had taken on a greater quest, that of launching a global movement to fight misunderstanding of Islam and improve relations between people of different faiths and cultures. By late January the Park51 Group selected NYC Imam Abdullah Adhami as its senior advisor and one of several Imams who would eventually be picked to coordinate religious services in the mosque.

Americans have been able to witness the slow unraveling of a cover up by the Park51 Group to hide the radical intent of their planned Mosque. Feisal Abdul Rauf, the son of a contemporary of* the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood, claims to be a moderate. Through the hard work of Pamela Geller's organization 'Stop Islamitization of America' (SIOA), and other investigative journalists, Feisal was exposed for what he truly is, a Islamic extremist and NJ slum landlord. So off he went on greater conquests.

Then the non-profit Park51 Group selected Imam Adhami, a NYC Imam who was then heard in one of his sermons to call for 'Sharia Law;' who posted his opinion on a website that people with "homosexual feelings are the result of some form of violent emotional or sexual abuse at some point in their life;" and who was also proven to have links to Anti-American Imam Al-Hajj Talib Abdur-Rashid and terror supporter Imam Siraj Wahhaj. By early February Adhami quit.

10 million...so he only wants the tax payers to pay for half:rotf2:

scottw
09-01-2011, 06:20 AM
I thought ignorance was bliss?

-spence

speaking of ignorant bliss....aren't you going to chastise Lickwid for the constant use of "retard"?...didn't you have to check with your wife a while back who "works with the handicapped" to see if she and the handicapped community took offense when I baited you with "terd" and you couldn't wait to jump ugly?.....I guess with racism, offensive language, name calling and such...it's just fine as long as you are on the "right" side of the argument...I think there's a word for that but we'll just call it selective hearing :uhuh:

buckman
09-01-2011, 06:27 AM
speaking of ignorant bliss....aren't you going to chastise Lickwid for the constant use of "retard"?...didn't you have to check with your wife a while back who "works with the handicapped" to see if she and the handicapped community took offense when I baited you with "terd" and you couldn't wait to jump ugly?.....I guess with racism, offensive language, name calling and such...it's just fine as long as you are on the "right" side of the argument...I think there's a word for that but we'll just call it selective hearing :uhuh:

For instance...It's alright to trash Christians but don't you dare say anything bad about Islam.

likwid
09-01-2011, 06:28 AM
10 million...so he only wants the tax payers to pay for half:rotf2:

If bobby has to find 10 apples for his dad to give him 5 more, what percentage is his dad going to give him?

Or is that too complex of math for you?

Churches can also apply for grants under 501c3 just like any non-profit organization.

scottw
09-01-2011, 06:30 AM
If bobby has to find 10 apples for his dad to give him 5 more, what percentage is his dad going to give him?

Or is that too complex of math for you?

Churches can also apply for grants under 501c3 just like any non-profit organization.

last time I checked 5 is half of 10 :uhuh:

This new shorter version will still require El-Gamal to raise about $10 million

has applied for a $5 million grant of federal funds

likwid
09-01-2011, 06:43 AM
last time I checked 5 is half of 10 :uhuh:

This new shorter version will still require El-Gamal to raise about $10 million

has applied for a $5 million grant of federal funds

raise ten million AND apply for 5 million in grants.

derp derp a derp durrrr

timmah? is that you? TIMMAAAH

scottw
09-01-2011, 06:52 AM
raise ten million AND apply for 5 million in grants.

derp derp a derp durrrr

timmah? is that you? TIMMAAAH

ohhhh...I see....this is Obama math...he needs 10 million to build the thing....he will need to raise the 10 million AND he's going to apply for 5 million in federal grant too..... for a total of 15 million......which is 5 million more than he actually needs but who cares when it's Obama Money

seems to make more sense that he's applying for 5 million so he only needs to come up with "raise" 5 million for the total of 10 million needed....but you never know

should ANY Federal Funding be used to build this thing?

RIROCKHOUND
09-01-2011, 07:28 AM
It also said Applied, right?
As in, not awarded, right?

I can apply for a grant to study rectal-cranium inversion of internet forum contribuitors, but it doesn't mean I will get the money....

justplugit
09-01-2011, 07:37 AM
Whatch the week long Nat Geo series on 9/11.

How soon we forget.

Then come back and see if you still feel the same way
about wether the Mosque application should even
be opened.

spence
09-01-2011, 12:20 PM
I didn't even read his entire post...don't have time like that very often any more.

Lik, don't call people tards. It makes you sound like ScottW and is very unappealing.

Additionally, in regard to all of these comments about federal funding and religion...don't we already give tax exempt status to churches?

-spence

scottw
09-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I didn't even read his entire post...don't have time like that very often any more. selective comprehension too
Lik, don't call people tards. It makes you sound like ScottW and is very unappealing. please...noone rolls out the insults quicker than you do ya phony prick

Additionally, in regard to all of these comments about federal funding and religion...don't we already give tax exempt status to churches?

-spence

what does tax exempt status have to do with seeking federal funding and whether or not it should be used for the construction of a mosque at ground zero?

wait....think like a liberal.....churches recieve tax exempt status sooooo...thaaaat is money that the government is not getting which is actually a budget cut for the government so the churches are actually...through their tax exempt status ...getting money from the government?????

spence
09-01-2011, 02:21 PM
what does tax exempt status have to do with seeking federal funding and whether or not it should be used for the construction of a mosque at ground zero?

wait....think like a liberal.....churches recieve tax exempt status sooooo...thaaaat is money that the government is not getting which is actually a budget cut for the government so the churches are actually...through their tax exempt status ...getting money from the government?????
We're running a deficit, all tax cuts must be funded somehow.

-spence

scottw
09-01-2011, 02:27 PM
We're running a deficit, all tax cuts must be funded somehow.

-spence

I knew it.......:uhuh:

spence
09-01-2011, 02:34 PM
I knew it.......:uhuh:

I think it's time Father passed the plate back around to the Federal Government. Or let the IRS audit from the pulpit as to who's been sneaking some politics into that sermon :rotf2:

-spence

scottw
09-01-2011, 03:07 PM
I think it's time Father passed the plate back around to the Federal Government. -spence

you mean "FEDERAL FAMILY"......that's the term that the nanny state libs are using now...maybe you missed the memo :)

maybe we could just start with collecting the back taxes that Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway owe? back to 2002?

Swimmer
09-01-2011, 04:23 PM
What ever happened to the Seperation of Church and State? I think that little axiom covers it.

justplugit
09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
That's how it all starts, from "It takes a Village" to a
"Federal Family" then to the end game becoming a World Family
run by a world government.

PaulS
09-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Does anyone know how the mosque was "designed to celebrate the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans!"?????

As an aside, my good friend was notified on the day they got Osama that her brother's remains were identified. There actually was quite a lot of them.

likwid
09-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know how the mosque was "designed to celebrate the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans!"?????

They were wearing tin foil.

What the above opposition wants them to build:
http://www.moonbattery.com/ground-zero-victory-mosque.jpg

What they're actually planning on building:
http://barbadosfreepress.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/ground-zero-mosque-symbolism.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny.

spence
09-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Dude, it's a mosque.

-spence

buckman
09-02-2011, 02:27 PM

http://barbadosfreepress.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/ground-zero-mosque-symbolism.jpg

WTF is that??? What's with all the sniper holes?

scottw
09-02-2011, 02:43 PM
WTF is that??? What's with all the sniper holes?

it's actually supposed to represent broken glass....Kristallnacht....look it up :uhuh:

buckman
09-02-2011, 04:33 PM
it's actually supposed to represent broken glass....Kristallnacht....look it up :uhuh:

I see. I just assumed because they were Muslums and all.:)

spence
09-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I see. I just assumed because they were Muslums and all.:)

You guys do understand the center was planned with help from the New York Jewish Community Center don't you?

Maybe you should do a little more research.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw
09-02-2011, 08:04 PM
You guys do understand the center was planned with help from the New York Jewish Community Center don't you?

do you have any evidence of this?

I can find plenty of info where the mosque developers claimed/stated that they "modeled" their plans after the YMCA and the New York Community Center but nothing to support your claim that they actually helped plan it....

The planned center has been renamed Park51 to reflect the broad scope of its programs, modeled on the YMCA or Jewish Community Center of Manhattan

buckman
09-02-2011, 08:08 PM

Now we can't trust the Jews either??? Thanks for the inside info Spence:)

justplugit
09-02-2011, 08:53 PM
]

Too bad the innocents who were crushed or had to jump to
escape the inferno don't have a say in planning the center. :(

spence
09-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Too bad the innocents who were crushed or had to jump to
escape the inferno don't have a say in planning the center. :(

WTF????

spence
09-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Perhaps you should watch this. I'd note there was a very similar interview with both these women and Laura Ingraham on FOXNews...it's the interview that started the entire controversy, where Ingraham actually supports the mosque...but as I was trying to find it astonishingly every reference to the video has been cut off due to copyright violations?

I can get a lot of other FOX videos on Youtube...weird huh? :devil2:

Debating the Ground Zero Islamic Center - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE_XnmQRDPA&feature=player_embedded)

For those to lazy to click play (Buckman) I'd note the video shows a Muslim and Jew sitting side by side, talking about the Islamic community center they both helped plan.

And Justplugit, I thought you were going to stop talking about this story???
-spence

scottw
09-03-2011, 06:34 AM
spence

that might be the least journalistically biased interview I've ever witnessed....

This is not ‘NY JCC’, this is Joy Levitt, Executive Drector of the Jewish Community Center of the Upper West Side of Manhattan. JCCs are secular organizations, and Ms. Levitt is only incidentally a (fake) ‘rabbi’.

good to get advice on strollers and things....maybe LGBT issues as well..

you should do a little research on Joy's JCC :uhuh:

likwid
09-03-2011, 06:38 AM
There was already a mosque 4 blocks up from WTC pre-9/11 (closed recently due to the new one in planning)

Goddamn reality getting in the way of misinformed outrage!

scottw
09-03-2011, 06:40 AM
There was already a mosque 4 blocks up from WTC pre-9/11 (closed recently due to the new one in planning)

you locate a calculator yet?

likwid
09-03-2011, 06:42 AM
you locate a calculator yet?

You locate a brain yet?

And really? Fake Rabbi? Would you like to share with the group what a "fake rabbi" is? Is her gefilte fish not kosher? Are you butthurt spence was right?

Maybe Jim in CT isn't paying attention to you? Must be time for your burping.

scottw
09-03-2011, 06:46 AM
You locate a brain yet?

And really? Fake Rabbi? Would you like to share with the group what a "fake rabbi" is? Is her gefilte fish not kosher? Are you butthurt spence was right?

Maybe Jim in CT isn't paying attention to you? Must be time for your burping.

ohhhhh.....nasty...nasty :biglaugh:

Fly Rod
09-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Perhaps you should watch this. I'd note there was a very similar interview with both these women and Laura Ingraham on FOXNews...it's the interview that started the entire controversy, where Ingraham actually supports the mosque...but as I was trying to find it astonishingly every reference to the video has been cut off due to copyright violations?

I can get a lot of other FOX videos on Youtube...weird huh? :devil2:

Debating the Ground Zero Islamic Center - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE_XnmQRDPA&feature=player_embedded)

For those to lazy to click play (Buckman) I'd note the video shows a Muslim and Jew sitting side by side, talking about the Islamic community center they both helped plan.

And Justplugit, I thought you were going to stop talking about this story???
-spence

Do you and Lewdwid believe everything you read, see and listen to on youtube? Could be imposters. :smash:

spence
09-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Do you and Lewdwid believe everything you read, see and listen to on youtube? Could be imposters. :smash:
Hell, she's probably not even Jewish, and that other woman couldn't be Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf's wife...she's not even wearing a burka :rotf2:

I wonder what else ScottW will fabricate in this thread? I mean racism is bad enough, but lies to justify your racism?

Yikes.

-spence

Fly Rod
09-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Hell, she's probably not even Jewish, and that other woman couldn't be Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf's wife...she's not even wearing a burka :rotf2:

I wonder what else ScottW will fabricate in this thread? I mean racism is bad enough, but lies to justify your racism?

Yikes.

-spence

I'm not racist, I have a few black american friends, jewish friends and one or two atheist friends. I do have a complaint about one of my jewish friends and that is when he and his wife come for dinner I have to buy a new fry pan, it has to be kosher.

That youtube clip could have come from "Saturday Nite Live."

scottw
09-03-2011, 10:22 AM

Yikes.

-spence

I love it when the nutty leftist goes nuclear with the racism card...you are just mad that you can't get your falsehoods and mistruths to stick.....

spence
"You guys do understand the center was planned with help from the New York Jewish Community Center don't you?"
Maybe you should do a little more research

There are almost two dozen Jewish community centers in the New York metro area....Wiki

scottw
09-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Could be imposters. :smash:

this explains why I felt sure I was watching three men in drag....

spence
09-03-2011, 10:43 AM
I love it when the nutty leftist goes nuclear with the racism card...you are just mad that you can't get your falsehoods and mistruths to stick.....

spence
"You guys do understand the center was planned with help from the New York Jewish Community Center don't you?"

There are almost two dozen Jewish community centers in the New York metro area....Wiki
No, actually I'm laughing at you :rotf2:

You have no point.

-spence

justplugit
09-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Spence, please show me the post that said I wasn't going
to talk about this story.:huh: Your loosin it.

Oh, and your WTF post on my statement of the 9/11 victims
killed and not being able to have a say in the plan, you seem have a hard
time recognizing sarcasim and anger.

spence
09-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Spence, please show me the post that said I wasn't going
to talk about this story.:huh: Your loosin it.
Could have sworn I remembered it...could have been someone else.
Oh, and your WTF post on my statement of the 9/11 victims
killed and not being able to have a say in the plan, you seem have a hard
time recognizing sarcasim and anger.
Weird use of sarcasm...more anger than anything.

-spence

justplugit
09-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Could have sworn I remembered it...could have been someone else.

Weird use of sarcasm...more anger than anything.

-spence

Spence, your memory is failing. Prolly from too much work. :huh:
You have to learn to work smarter, not harder. :D

Recognizing sarcasm takes thinking.
I need to use more icons to help you get it. :)

scottw
09-03-2011, 11:26 AM
No, actually I'm laughing at you :rotf2:

You have no point.

-spence

ahhh...from racism to stupidity

your statement
"the (mosque)center was planned with help from the New York Jewish Community Center don't you?"
and arrogant snip

falsely indicates/supposes far more support and involvement and acceptance from "the Jewish Community" than Daisy getting stroller and wedding facility tips from a Reconstructionist Rabbi in one of the most liberal enclaves on the planet.....

you should do your research, however little, before you challenge others to do theirs....

spence
09-03-2011, 11:42 AM
ahhh...from racism to stupidity

your statement
"the (mosque)center was planned with help from the New York Jewish Community Center don't you?"
and arrogant snip

falsely indicates/supposes far more support and involvement and acceptance from "the Jewish Community" than Daisy getting stroller and wedding facility tips from a Reconstructionist Rabbi in one of the most liberal enclaves on the planet.....

you should do your research, however little, before you challenge others to do theirs....

Could you PLEASE make a point? Hell, fabricate it if you have to :rotf2:

-spence

scottw
09-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Could you PLEASE make a point? Hell, fabricate it if you have to :rotf2:

-spence

no need to fabricate anything...the point is that, as usual, you've made a statement intended to leave an impression that does not match the facts while arrogantly challenging others to "check their facts"...you continually use false statements of fact to defend a bad President, his bad policies and bad bankrupt follies...the mosque/community center was a BAD idea, Solyndra was a BAD idea, the Stimulus was a BAD idea, this President was a Very Bad idea.....Obamacare was a BAD idea..O's speech next week will provide a host of new BAD ideas........if you don't want to believe me just look at the results.....all DISASTERS.....you spend a lot of your time defending Bad ideas, and that's just the short list.....doesn't that tell you anything?

scottw
09-04-2011, 07:00 AM

they are open for business...

this is the disclaimer on their website :rotf2:

Masjid Manhattan

DISCLAIMER:
Please be advised that we are not affiliated with any other organization trying to build a place of worship in the area of downtown Manhattan.

spence
09-04-2011, 08:37 AM
no need to fabricate anything...the point is that, as usual, you've made a statement intended to leave an impression that does not match the facts while arrogantly challenging others to "check their facts"...you continually use false statements of fact to defend a bad President, his bad policies and bad bankrupt follies...the mosque/community center was a BAD idea, Solyndra was a BAD idea, the Stimulus was a BAD idea, this President was a Very Bad idea.....Obamacare was a BAD idea..O's speech next week will provide a host of new BAD ideas........if you don't want to believe me just look at the results.....all DISASTERS.....you spend a lot of your time defending Bad ideas, and that's just the short list.....doesn't that tell you anything?

Your assertion of me making a statement is not factual is plainly untrue and obvious to anyone hosting half a brain and a few seconds with the Google.

Funny how you respond when you're called out as a fear mongering liar. A tizzy of non squitur Obama attacks.

I think it's time we brought this one back from archives :hihi:

"GLENN BECK HAS NAZI TOURETTES!" - Lewis Black Steamrolls Glenn Beck! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1s4fj-5zlk)

-spence

scottw
09-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Funny how you respond when you're called out as a fear mongering liar. A tizzy of non squitur Obama attacks.

-spence

actually, they were attacks on your perperual and often dishonest defense of BAD ideas....even post-mortem

Slipknot
09-04-2011, 11:45 AM

Ya, the 5 story apartment building with the fire escapes goes very well with that look, fits right in :smash:

I wonder why they did not just rebuild the one a few blocks away?:confused:

I'll go back to the fishing related forums now and leave you guys to insult each other

scottw
09-04-2011, 11:53 AM

with this type of "planning help" from ONE of people at one of the MANY New York Jewish Community Centers and on a measley 100 million+ dollar project or so, I just don't know how the project didn't succeed or get off the ground :confused: she might have a future job in the Obama administration cuz' I guess every big project needs a "stroller consultant"

''Strollers,'' said Ms. Levitt, whom Ms. Khan had approached for advice on how to build an institution like the Jewish center -- with a swimming pool, art classes and joint projects with other religious groups.

Ms. Levitt, a rabbi, urged Ms. Khan to focus on practical matters like a decent wedding hall and stroller parking.

''You can use all these big words like diversity and pluralism,'' Ms. Levitt recalled telling Ms. Khan, noting that with the population of toddlers booming in Manhattan, ''I'm down in the lobby dealing with the 500 strollers.''

diversity and pluralism are ..."Big Words" ?

I know, I know...more "fear mongering lies"

to try to make this as clear as possible for you Spence...

if I were to find one director of one Muslim Community Center in New York( and I know that there are many) who opposed the location of the mosque center(and there were some who understood the sensitivities in the situation), and he'd been involved in either the planning(possibly with regard to stroller traffic) or been present at a rally in opposition to the location and then I made the broad statement here that "the rally was planned with help from the New York Muslim Community Center".....that would be a bit disingenuous...but probably not a whole lot different that claiming "most Americans".."most Economists"...."most Experts"....right?

spence
09-04-2011, 01:08 PM
if I were to find one director of one Muslim Community Center in New York( and I know that there are many) who opposed the location of the mosque center(and there were some who understood the sensitivities in the situation), and he'd been involved in either the planning(possibly with regard to stroller traffic) or been present at a rally in opposition to the location and then I made the broad statement here that "the rally was planned with help from the New York Muslim Community Center".....that would be a bit disingenuous...but probably not a whole lot different that claiming "most Americans".."most Economists"...."most Experts"....right?
I love it when you try to split so many hairs you're close to nuclear fission :rotf2:

The exec director of the Manhattan JCC helped with the planning (what they helped plan is mostly irrelevant) of the Islamic center. Hell, she even went on national TV several times with Daisy Khan to defend the intent and founders. This is a fact...

I'm not sure why any Jewish person, let alone a rabbi with some prominence would associate themselves, or why the JCC would even let them associate their organization with efforts to further hate against Jews.

Unless.........it's all a big propaganda effort to use 9/11 to further hate against Muslims.

-spence

scottw
09-04-2011, 02:04 PM
I love it when you try to split so many hairs you're close to nuclear fission :rotf2:

The exec director of the Manhattan JCC(thanks for finally clarifying) helped with the planning (what they helped plan is mostly irrelevant)(oh, it was DEFINITELY irrelevent) of the Islamic center. Hell, she even went on national TV several times(at least once) with Daisy Khan to defend the intent and founders. (saw that, she didn't instill a lot of confidence, did she?) This is a fact...

I'm not sure why any Jewish person, let alone a rabbi with some prominence would associate themselves, or why the JCC would even let them associate their organization with efforts to further hate against Jews. is this what you think was happening?...maybe in the name of "diversity and pluralism and other "big words"" if your assessment is correct, I can't figure out squishy leftists either

Unless.........it's all a big propaganda effort to use 9/11 to further hate against Muslims.

-spence

it's all about hate with you...isn't it?

spence
09-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Keep splitting :uhuh:

-spence

scottw
09-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Keep splitting :uhuh:

-spence

keep spinning :)