View Full Version : OK Well here is the good news we have all been waiting for!!!

Fisherwoman
09-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Hi All, well the great news is that Bill is scheduled to come home this coming Thursday, he has been busting his butt in PT and trying to get that strength up. He is doing a bit better than the last report on here and his output for his Ileostomy has slowed down a quite a bit so that is GREAT NEWS!!!

I just hope it all goes well this week and we have no setbacks, they are mixing his TPN nutrition with IV fluids in the same bag so they are watching his kidney functions close before he can come home they need to be stable.

I went in the other day and they trained Bill and I on how is IV's have to work as he will have a visiting nurse come to the house but we need to be able to check it and change it as it will be on for 16 hrs a day until his bowels start working.

Today is another class for his Ileostomy, so we are so close to getting him home.

The past couple of days have been so emotional and heavy, the other night I cried for 3 hours and just could not stop. when I look at how long and how hard this has been for both of us and thru the grace of God and all of our friends help and prayers we are almost home.

I want you all to know that this site is special and the inspiration you have given me has help me to stay strong and get thru this.

I know Bill still has a long way to go to recover and its all in Gods hands but I pray him getting home will boost him up a bit and things will get better faster. Either way it will be nice to get him home as I miss him so much!!!

I will keep you all updated and let you know if we get him home on Thursday, I know I have ask a lot of all of you but please keep they prayers going as it has definitely got us to where we are today!!!
THANK YOU ALL!!!

BigFish
09-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Still praying Jules! Great news and I hope to see you both soon! :)

Jenn
09-04-2011, 06:59 AM
:fishin::soon:

Awesome Jules! :)

BigBo
09-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Honestly, a tear of joy just rolled down. I am so happy for you guys. I think it will be a huge boost for Bill's recover and your mental well being to have him home. That's going to be a huge monkey off your back to not have to drive into Boston daily.
I am really encouraged to hear this Jules. I will keep praying for continued recovery.
Keep us posted. :love:

stripermaineiac
09-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Jules, Bill is so damn lucky having you in his corner. Your quite the lady.Give him a hug for me will ya. So glad to hear the news. Ron Oh by the way Mike an Steve Mantia's parents were asking about him yesterday. It was his mom's 80 th birthday. She's gonna try to get in touch with you. Ron

numbskull
09-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Wow. Only incredible strength from incredible love could have gotten you and Bill this far. Wonderful and humbling. All the best to you both.

Raven
09-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Great to hear Jules....

the one "good" thing about crying is it rids the body of toxins.

So stay in the fight and keep your chin up.

Do whatever you can to be non stressed even if that's fishing because
Bill can sense your mood and that is important for you to be HAPPY go lucky for him to absorb it from you.

JohnR
09-04-2011, 08:09 AM
:btu:

UserRemoved1
09-04-2011, 08:12 AM
MOST EXCELLENT

I am so glad for you guys Jules. Lets hope things keep looking forward. T&P :lama:

LT. DAN 2
09-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Prayers continuing for you both...............

Swimmer
09-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Hi All, well the great news is that Bill is scheduled to come home this coming Thursday, he has been busting his butt in PT and trying to get that strength up. He is doing a bit better than the last report on here and his output for his Ileostomy has slowed down a quite a bit so that is GREAT NEWS!!!

I just hope it all goes well this week and we have no setbacks, they are mixing his TPN nutrition with IV fluids in the same bag so they are watching his kidney functions close before he can come home they need to be stable.

I went in the other day and they trained Bill and I on how is IV's have to work as he will have a visiting nurse come to the house but we need to be able to check it and change it as it will be on for 16 hrs a day until his bowels start working.

Today is another class for his Ileostomy, so we are so close to getting him home.

The past couple of days have been so emotional and heavy, the other night I cried for 3 hours and just could not stop. when I look at how long and how hard this has been for both of us and thru the grace of God and all of our friends help and prayers we are almost home.

I want you all to know that this site is special and the inspiration you have given me has help me to stay strong and get thru this.

I know Bill still has a long way to go to recover and its all in Gods hands but I pray him getting home will boost him up a bit and things will get better faster. Either way it will be nice to get him home as I miss him so much!!!

I will keep you all updated and let you know if we get him home on Thursday, I know I have ask a lot of all of you but please keep they prayers going as it has definitely got us to where we are today!!!
THANK YOU ALL!!!

When I signed on a few minutes ago the firstt thing I was going to do is ask an open question about "how is Bill doing?", now I don't have to. I am sure thier is a ways to go, just know we are all in your corner, and someday soon you'll be turning onto Norton Beach access and putting our favorite tape in the CD and listening to it as the sunrises. Of course the opening has to fill in, but if Bill can recover from this, Norton Beach will once again connect to Chappy.

saltfly
09-04-2011, 11:14 AM
:jump1::love::rotf2::uhuh::soon:Great News.

Slipknot
09-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Good news Jules :btu: we're pulling for you guys still.
You seem to be handling it well and are giving Bill positive energy he needs.

fish4striper
09-04-2011, 12:59 PM
great new Jules, keep the faith

Fish_Eye
09-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Jules, I'm so happy for the both of you. Still praying for as quick a recovery as possible.

spence
09-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Glad to hear more good news :btu:

-spence

ProfessorM
09-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Great news. Hope to hear more as his recovery continues.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BEETLE
09-04-2011, 07:43 PM
That is great news. Tell Bill we will see him when you guys are ready for visits.

SINGING REELS
09-05-2011, 05:48 AM
Fisherwomen great news about Billy. Lets us all hope and pray that every thing continues in a positive manner. No doubt a few more struggles will be encountered, but with the support of each other , the struggle will become a little easier to deal with. Be sure to give him a hug from me. Next time we meet I will give you one as well.

Mr. Sandman
09-05-2011, 05:59 AM
All the best to the both of you!

jimmy z
09-05-2011, 06:14 AM
A day at a time Jules is just what God gives us. I will keep Bill in my prayers for strength and encouragement through his recovery. God bless you both!

Saltheart
09-05-2011, 11:19 AM
He will love being home!Great news!

Fishoholic
09-05-2011, 11:43 AM
That's GREAT NEWS! :)

Slingah
09-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Great news Jules.....very happy to hear it.

Rob Rockcrawler
09-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Thats great news

Finaddict
09-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the great news Jules ... couldn't be better news today to hear ... thoughts and prayers go out to the both of you ... will continue to look forward to the positive updates ahead. Thanks

milo
09-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Great news

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Got Stripers
09-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Juls that's great news, hope Bill gets home soon, nothing speads recovery like being back home.

Gremlin
09-06-2011, 09:18 PM
This is the best thread that I have read today. Great news and I hope the good news continues.