View Full Version : Waders.....

intrepid24
09-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Would like some advice on what are the best kind, and a good store to find them.
#^&#^&#^&#^&s had a pair of hodgman's, but they didn't seem tough enough to rub against a rock or two w/o tearing.

thanks

vanstaal
09-05-2011, 01:18 AM
they all rip go cheap ....:fishin:

ecduzitgood
09-05-2011, 01:24 AM
I have been happy with LLBean rapid river bootfoot. It depends upon your budget and what you want them to do. Breathable? Warmth? Stockingfoot or bootfoot?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Sea Dangles
09-05-2011, 07:24 AM
LL has the guarantee. Simms is the best wader. I go with LL.

Nebe
09-05-2011, 07:30 AM
LL has the guarantee. Simms is the best wader. I go with LL.

x2. LL sells Simms too ;)

Swimmer
09-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Wait for the Albright 70 % off ad in January. They have it every year and sometimes during the year. Pick up a pair of breathables, good quality, for $60.00. They are not quite a pliable as Hodgeman, but last longer. I am on a third year using the ones I have been wearing this summer. LL has a better guarantee no doubt, but for $60.00, I wear them at the canal all the time, and not always on my feet. I have yet to rip a knee or have a knee leak when I have fallen.

basswipe
09-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Wait for the Albright 70 % off ad in January. They have it every year and sometimes during the year. Pick up a pair of breathables, good quality, for $60.00. They are not quite a pliable as Hodgeman, but last longer. I am on a third year using the ones I have been wearing this summer. LL has a better guarantee no doubt, but for $60.00, I wear them at the canal all the time, and not always on my feet. I have yet to rip a knee or have a knee leak when I have fallen.

I agree.Love the Albrights I'm using now.

Pete F.
09-05-2011, 08:46 AM
The beans work well.
Don't trust those canal guys, they just wear waders so the mosquitos can't bite them when they are standing around BSing on the bikepath.

toaster816
09-05-2011, 08:46 AM
I have ripped and returned my LL's 7 times now. The exchange takes 5 minutes if they have my size in stock. No questions. I only use waders in the canal so I don't see the need to get the top of the line, I think they were 79.99 and I have them for life. I find that I usually get a hook through them before they rip on their own, so the return policy is key for me.

redlite
09-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Would like some advice on what are the best kind, and a good store to find them.
#^&#^&#^&#^&s had a pair of hodgman's, but they didn't seem tough enough to rub against a rock or two w/o tearing.

thanks

Waders Dean? what you need them for? You a boat guy. Once you try boat fishin, you never come back.......

JohnR
09-05-2011, 09:25 AM
LL Bean for the warranty

or

Frogg Toggs for cheap (best cheap wader I've ever seen)

intrepid24
09-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Waders Dean? what you need them for? You a boat guy. Once you try boat fishin, you never come back.......
Thank you for the advice guys, it is greatly appreciated !

...I love plugging, Mike. Probably my favorite way to catch a bass is on a topwater plug. ESPECIALLY with the plugs out these days.
My pic is 39.45lber that hit a yellow polaris in november.
I've been walking down to almy's rock every nite, but no love......yet !

Striper_Haven_03
09-05-2011, 12:23 PM
I know everyone has an opinion.....but I fish the rocks exclusively (no sandy beaches) and after going through 3 pairs in 6 years finally broke down and bought Simms waders. Comfort/maneuverability and durability are key when fishing the rocks and had my Simms G3 stocking foot waders for 3 years without ANY problems minus a few small tears from barnicales that keep be fixed quick with aquaseal. The problem I had with Hodgmans and LL is that the dorsal of large fish would puncture the thighs while making my way back to dry land, leaving a bunch of small pin holes all over the thigh area. Not a big deal after one fish but by the end of the season would be like a pin cushion and very leaky and would need a paint brush and paint can full of Aqua Seal. Never had this problem with Simms. and def. worth the $280+ investment. You have way more maneuverability and almost like wearing sweatpants. This year Ive switched to a wetsuit after talking with Mike, as it offers me the safest means possible fishing my local waters that are deep,rocky and dangerous at 2am or anytime for that matter, particularly while fishing alone which I do 50% of the time. I dont swim in the wetsuit like some, dont need too. But it allows me to stay on rocks longer during the incoming and access rocks that would be very dangerous if not suicidal w/ waders in rough water.

inTHERAPY
09-07-2011, 10:18 AM
trim the engine a little higher....grundens, head to toe, if the surfs up