View Full Version : Mystic-Fishers Island Area

MarshCappa
09-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Took off for a high school reuinion of sorts with 3 of my best friends from my hometown. My friend has a 23 foot Edgewater that is a very sweet ride. He took us out to Fishers Island and beyond on Saturday night and Sunday morning. Didn't take long to find Big Blues that hit our rattle trap lures and we marked some bass on the bottom and tried to drop some pogie chunks down there but we couldn't land any stripers. I had a big hit and when i went to set the hook the knot on the three way set up gave out(I didn't tie it) ;) Sunday morning was top water action at a big old lighthouse that provided lots of fun though we all tired of dealing with so many blues. Couldn't get the stripers on this trip but we had so much fun and many laughs. It was like we never stopped hanging out. Hopefully it will be at least a yearly trip if not more. Here's a couple of picks of the boat and the biggest blue we caught.

PRBuzz
09-06-2011, 09:04 AM
That's a great area to fish, I've been there once several years ago. Also landed blues but no stripes.

Moses
09-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Trips with friends past & present. Sounds & looks like you all had a great time.

Raven
09-06-2011, 01:13 PM
sounded like a HOOT