View Full Version : wtb cored of firewood

teleman
09-07-2011, 11:48 AM
anybody here selling any seasoned firewood? I live on so. shore. can pick up if be.

trevier
09-07-2011, 03:51 PM
there was a guy on the RI craigslist getting rid of 8 cords as of yesterday for free, all seasoned, he was an old man moving out of his house,

PRBuzz
09-07-2011, 04:22 PM
there was a guy on the RI craigslist getting rid of 8 cords as of yesterday for free, all seasoned, he was an old man moving out of his house,

I found many people's "seasoned" means half-rotted and pretty much useless for firewood.....be warned.

PRBuzz
09-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Anyone like Black walnut? Not mywood, just posting....

Free Black Walnut Tree/Wood (http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/zip/2582406021.html)

"I have a large black walnut tree that went down in the yard during Irene. Black walnut is apparently very good for burning and/or making furniture. Yours for the taking as long as you take the whole tree, branches and all. Free firewood just in time for winter! Will probably require an experienced tree cutter as the tree is very large.
Please get in touch if you have interest."

teleman
09-08-2011, 08:12 AM
thanks guys.
gonna pass on the walnut PR, but thanks anyways

ruhroh
09-08-2011, 09:36 PM
I have a pile of hardwood, locust and cherry I think. Tree guys took them down for me a few months ago. Probably 2 truck loads at least, maybe more. Like to get 80 bucks. Bring a saw to cut to needed length. They're in 8' sections. In Lakeville, I'll help load.