View Full Version : For the love of baseball

DZ
09-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Remembered this from Soupy Sales years ago - enjoy:

"I’ve always loved the game of baseball and go to as many games as I can as well as watching games on TV almost every day during the season. Years ago I had a girlfriend who did not know anything about the game of baseball. But to make me happy she would often keep me company while we watched games on TV. Little by little I began to teach her about the game. I had to explain to her the meaning of “strikes” and “balls” and that each batter could get thrown 4 balls outside the strike zone would receive a “walk” or they might get 3 strikes and were out (unless of course the third strike was a foul ball). I could tell she was getting confused and she just couldn’t grasp the concept. So I decided to try and make things more interesting for us while we watched games on TV. To help her understand the “balls and strikes” concept I came up with a clever game to play whenever we were together watching baseball. This game is fairly simple: I kiss her on the strikes and she kisses me on the balls."

DZ

JohnR
09-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Remembered this from Soupy Sales years ago - enjoy:

"I’ve always loved the game of baseball and go to as many games as I can as well as watching games on TV almost every day during the season. Years ago I had a girlfriend who did not know anything about the game of baseball. But to make me happy she would often keep me company while we watched games on TV. Little by little I began to teach her about the game. I had to explain to her the meaning of “strikes” and “balls” and that each batter could get thrown 4 balls outside the strike zone would receive a “walk” or they might get 3 strikes and were out (unless of course the third strike was a foul ball). I could tell she was getting confused and she just couldn’t grasp the concept. So I decided to try and make things more interesting for us while we watched games on TV. To help her understand the “balls and strikes” concept I came up with a clever game to play whenever we were together watching baseball. This game is fairly simple: I kiss her on the strikes and she kisses me on the balls."

DZ

:rotf2: