View Full Version : Strangest way to catch a fish.

StriperZ
09-12-2011, 04:45 AM
OK, so the bass fishing was tough in CCB. We saw people doing the wire snapping thing. I hate wire, so we were not. The birds were working this particular part of the bay. We were following the birds and bait as anyone would expect.

As you know birds some time get caught in the line. In this case the tern flew into my line as I cast. I prefer to catch and release birds unhurt. Terns are small and relatively easy to control and they do not have a strong bite.

So as I was untangling the bird, the lure end of the line goes tight and the bird let's out a huge squawk. I think the lure has caught on the bottom and going to cut this poor little guy's wing off. I had one of the guys in our fishing party start holding the line to give me some slack. He said it did not feel like it was hung on the bottom, that there were some small light tugs on the braid.

So here we are hand lining the lure end, back to the boat to find a 34" striper and since we were hand lining, the fish did not freak out or run or anything and cut hands.

The bird was released unhurt, for the most part, he did have a small gap in his feathers.

JoeBass
09-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Really pretty amazing. That's one in a million.