View Full Version : 9-11 image on home page

agsurfr
09-12-2011, 01:22 PM
John,

Great image on the home page. I love that concept of those 2 brilliant beacons shooting into the night at ground zero. Don't know who's idea that was but I think it speaks to the values and courage that are the linchpins of this country.

Swimmer
09-12-2011, 01:43 PM
It should take a ninety degree turn towards mecca at a certian height.

JohnR
09-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Yes. Hard to come up with "favorites" with regards to that day but to me that scene brings out much emotion and feelings of honor, sacrifice, remembrance, and vigilance.

If it were not in memory of that day, it would still be a beautiful statement.

bart
09-13-2011, 12:21 AM
well put, John

piemma
09-13-2011, 03:25 PM
John,

Great image on the home page. I love that concept of those 2 brilliant beacons shooting into the night at ground zero. Don't know who's idea that was but I think it speaks to the values and courage that are the linchpins of this country.

I was in the City the first night they did that. I was way up aon 7th and 50th and you could see it plain as day. Very stirring.

Driftwood1
09-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Reviewing The Black Banners by Ali H. Soufan now in Barns Noble.

It should give some of us a peace of mind. What can be done is being done. Check it out. Spent the best 911 anniversary with some fine classmates. Bass Class !! For myself its time to move on back to the things I once loved to do. Thanks for that begining prayer DJ and then we all moved on to some Bass History.