View Full Version : 200 jigs cast , only 700 to go :)

Saltheart
01-20-2001, 09:31 PM
Cast 200 Smilin Bills today. 4 OZ. Going to tie a whole bunch with bucktail and also use some with a Curltail. I also made a few 5 OZ ones too. Next time I'll make 300 , 3OZ balls. 200 , 2 OZ and 200 5 OZ and I should be ready for the season except for skin jigs ( lots of guys feeding off this pile of jigs , not just me). Got to paint a bunch. I just dip them in white rustoleum. Got a bunch of bucktails from Tim so I'm ready to roll. Takes about 10 to 15 minutes to tie one with bucktail so thats the hard part.I usually tie on 4 bundles , one on each side sort of spreading it around the jig . These big ones will probably take 6 bundles and take longer. But since a good price on a 4 oz Smilin Bill Bucktail is $4 and many places get over $5, Making them for a buck is definitely time well spent and you know you get a good jig that way .

Marc Z
01-21-2001, 02:38 PM
Your gonna make a lot of freinds with all those jigs Saltheart!

Great way to kill this damned snowy winter.

Have fun,
MZ

Slipknot
01-21-2001, 04:33 PM
That's alot of jigs Saltheart, Good thing you enjoy doing it. Nice going I guess at 10-15 min. that's alot of time invested. I guess you pretty much fill up your free time if you can't be fishing you might as well be making lures or jigs. I just try to build up some points during the off season so I will be able to maybe take one or two weekend fishing trips, other than 1-2 times a week. Some day someone will be dredging the canal and have alot of lead to recycle.