View Full Version : Penn Reels

Padawan
09-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Anyone using the fierce or the sargus reels? if so how are they

Rockfish9
09-16-2011, 08:09 AM
I dont have a fierce, but I bought a penn Conquer a few months back... it is one of the smoothest reels I have ever owned... I'm very impressed with the workmanship... it's better than it has been in the recent past...

chaz
09-16-2011, 03:24 PM
battle 6 series. i just picked one up a few months back ,seems to do the job,no complaints here,its not top of the penn line but still good quality for the weekend warrior,i paired it up with the torque rod 11' and some 60# power braid.
the only thing that bothers me about it is that there is no cap screw on the other side of the reel crank,seems a lot of models have done away with that feature.
if you move the handle back ,it gets loose.my daughter (fishing novice)almost lost one of my cranks in the rocks at the ditch one day

Sgranata73
09-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Anyone using the fierce or the sargus reels? if so how are they

I have two Fierce 5000(Use for scup, fluke, black sea bass, etc) and one Sargus 5000 (used for striper fishing) Great reels for short money. Drags are nice and smooth on both. Had the Sargus two seasons with no issues, and have had the Fierce reels for one season with no issues.

Thanks, Stefano.