View Full Version : Gremlins in my jeep.

Rob Rockcrawler
09-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Last night pretty much sucked. I busted my ass on some rocks. THe same place its happened before, wearbars are just like korkers they are great on the slime, but turn a smooth rock into the ice at the TD garden. So bruised and bleeding i head to another spot and got the skunk. Then as im leaving i bounced all over the place on the crappy road. Then i notice a funky smell somewhere in my truck. Sort of like burning plastic. About half way home my headlights go out. Thank got for foglights. But i did notice that my headlights work when making a left hand turn. So this morning i take the whole dash assembly off of my jeep. Trying to find where the fire was coming from. I finally found it, not that i can do a damn thing about it. Two broken pieces of trim and 11 extra screws is what i wound up with. And now im down to one fog light. :smash:

striperman36
09-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Spence would have fixed it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR
09-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Spence would have fixed it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Spence would have followed up with a Spencism - maybe something along the lines of:

While wearbars on rocks may on occasion smooth down to ice like qualities that on a rare chance might enhance your exposure to peril or injury, 4 out of 5 experts possibly agree that the rock will look better and that had McCain been elected President you would still likely fall.

So this morning i take the whole dash assembly off of my jeep. Trying to find where the fire was coming from. I finally found it, not that i can do a damn thing about it. Two broken pieces of trim and 11 extra screws is what i wound up with. And now im down to one fog light. :smash:
One of the few vehicles you can do that quickly on these days. What did you find? Short in the harness? Any pics?

Rob Rockcrawler
09-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Im not 100% sure if its the harness or not. There is a cluster of spaghetti/muliticolor wires and there is some soot on them. Im going to have my mechanic take a look a it on monday and see if he thinks its just the switch or if its a ground. HE can test the ground easily enough. If its the switch it should only take a couple minutes to switch out. And its only 22 bucks. No pics, i was too bust swatting mosquitoes to grab the camera.

spence
09-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Spence would have followed up with a Spencism - maybe something along the lines of:

While wearbars on rocks may on occasion smooth down to ice like qualities that on a rare chance might enhance your exposure to peril or injury, 4 out of 5 experts possibly agree that the rock will look better and that had McCain been elected President you would still likely fall.
You don't want to be so specific on the number of experts. Just assert it like it's fact everybody already knows.

-spence

JohnR
09-17-2011, 02:39 PM
You don't want to be so specific on the number of experts. Just assert it like it's fact everybody already knows.

-spence

Dangit! - missed it again :hee:

(was just kiddin' with ya)

Swimmer
09-19-2011, 03:27 PM
John I thought your reply and "your attempt at Spensismcism" was really done well, but Spence did it much better and in fewer words.

Like a professor in a C++ class teaching a student. Fewer lines, better program