View Full Version : The lazy mans kayak

O.D. Mike
09-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Ocean Kayak Torque - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syE_XNl5yYw)

This is my kind of yak....... :)

Tagger
09-24-2011, 02:19 AM
the only thing check how long the battery last . not long at full speed I bet ,. I think our trips are usually about 5-6 hours . Not to be a negative Nancy but hope it's not as blinky as my fish finder .. I've found it rough keeping good electrical connections in the salt ,,. Last couple of times out ,, Fish finders been out of commission most the time . I got some cleaner and dielectric grease for fittings ,., hope that helps .

Karl F
09-24-2011, 07:51 PM
MOKAI Promotional Video - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUilmqkvrLs)

beamie
09-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Now a motorized boat, state will probably want that registered etc........

Rockport24
09-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah it's true you have to register it. These came out last year, a guy on NEKF used it pretty extensively for about a season and really like it. He said the battery would last about 5 hours.

I totally agree though with Tagger, more power, more problems in my opinion. A hobie is just the way to go, although those drives break too!

Tagger - dielectric grease should do the trick for you.

frogman_ch
09-28-2011, 08:46 AM
This information is second hand but, I heard that EMS in Hingham has a new (kinda) Torque that a guy bought and used a couple of times and brought it back. Almost half price at $1000.

My thoughts are if it has a motor, it's a boat not a kayak. I will stick with my Hobie, paddle or peddle

robalomann5
11-05-2011, 07:27 AM
bought my torque this spring, great fishing boat,
bad knees do not allow for pedaling,
very stable, 6 hours later still had power supply
would recommend it to anyone

narrabass
12-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I've had a Torque for 3 years now and find it is the most versitile kayak I've owned(out of 8). I use a 32amp battery for local fishing as I paddle when I am fishing(drifting eels and casting) and it lasts for 3-4 hours. I have a 76amp battery which I use when I'm going on longer trips.
Last year I took the ferry to BI and launched at Old Harbor. I fished at SE light for 3-4 hours and then went to SW point and Black Rock. We finally had to hustle back to Old Harbor to get the last ferry.
I used the motor extensively during this 9 hour outing and the battery died 100 yds from the launch point.
I like the Torque as I fish in close to the rocks mostly drifting eels and if I have a striper on and she is pulling me into the rocks I can hit reverse and pull her out to resume the fight. The best part is that after a long night of fishing I can turn the motor on and relax on the way back enjoying the night.

Buddy
12-04-2011, 10:49 AM
thats awesome.. thinking of getting a yak next year

jonserfish
04-22-2012, 01:02 PM
thats awesome.. thinking of getting a yak next year

I love my torque.