View Full Version : fios help

american spirit
09-26-2011, 01:22 PM
any help on how to get out of a contract or get more promotions.

i'm locked into a 2 year triple play. after 1 year they just took away about 40 dollars worth of credits and told me there's no other available promotions or credits. thought downgrading to a double play would be good, but you have to committ to another 2 year contract. i might just return my extra hd multi room dvr and drop down to prime hd instead of extreme hd. customer service was worthless and just said there's nothing they can do for me.

is comcast still paying fios customers early term fees if they sign up?

The Dad Fisherman
09-26-2011, 01:24 PM
You want to dump FiOS and go to Comcast..:shocked:

Grass is always Greener

Raven
09-26-2011, 03:11 PM
you have to "argue" (politely explain)
an illness made you make a BAD decision
and then ask if you can place that account in "Vacation mode"
and they will shut it down
no service (NONE) until the account expires
but no more Billing for it either.

iamskippy
09-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Tell them your moving out of the area.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raven
09-26-2011, 06:29 PM
by the way we just did that
and it worked

JohnnyD
09-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Cable companies are like politicians... you have to choose to give your money to the lessor of two evils. In your case, you're with the better of two companies. Rarely have I heard of people moving from FIOS to Comcast. If you do go to Comcast, be ready to keep consistent watch of your bill for "errors", regular internet outages and sub-par speeds. Also, Comcast has been known to monitor internet usage.

american spirit
09-27-2011, 07:33 PM
anyone know how much slower the 15/5 internet speed is compared to 25/25 on fios??

JohnnyD
09-27-2011, 09:29 PM
anyone know how much slower the 15/5 internet speed is compared to 25/25 on fios??
If you only do basic web browsing, then you probably won't notice a difference. More involved web-use or online gaming and you'll definitely notice a difference.

Are you talking 15/5 on Fios or still considering switching to Comcast? If you're talking Comcast's 15/5, then the difference will be noticeable... mostly because the speeds will rarely reach the advertised speed.