View Full Version : what a crappy day

blue oyster
09-29-2011, 03:34 PM
went to bed last night had a tooth bothering me , kinda new this was comming , about 2 hour later i'm wide awake tooth screaming . off to the to the dentist in the morning , a couple xrays later , there is nothing he can do , i need a root canal , so off to the endodntics we go . more xrays now a 1/2 hour drilling and grinding , now we find out the crack extends below the gum line and the tooth must go . so off to the oral surgen , (at least he did not take xrays) another round of poking and pulling out come the tooth , my face feels like the finish line for the marathon .i was hoping not to have to do this till fishing season is over . at least its only took 1 day ,

Slingah
09-29-2011, 04:04 PM
sounds like everyone made out on that job.....except you! Yowza!
good luck....

PRBuzz
09-29-2011, 04:10 PM
You are right, all in one day is great.

Had a similar experience but stretched over 10 months. Cracked the tooth and was in shear agony tail gating at a Patriots game in the rain last Nov. Pain subsided (the tooth died) and several trips to the dentist since kept getting infected and x-ray did not show the break, finally decided on course of action was root canal. Why do they give Novocaine when the tooth is dead? Worse pain was injecting the Novocaine.

After canal, still couple of infections, decided to pull the tooth and fill in the jaw bone with graft. It has been perfect, pain-free ever since. Maybe some day I'll get an implant...but why ask for more troubles?