View Full Version : Update on Bill!!!

Fisherwoman
10-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Hi All, just the other day I was going to post how well Bill was doing and the next thing you know, he got really sick, threw up all day long and his ileostomy was not putting anything out.

Got ahold of his surgeon and back to Tufts ER we went. Turned out he had an obstruction in the bowel. So they had to put the NG tube down his nose again to drain his stomach. Fortunately it worked otherwise he would have had to have surgery to clear the blockage!!!

He was terrified to go back to the hospital but he finally got back home last night and is doing a lot better today. Whew!!!! We squeaked thru on that one thank god.

Prior to his going to the ER he has been doing pretty well, still making slow progress, but they are started to ween him off the TPN nutrition, and also his output from his ileostomy is almost the same as anybody else who would have one. SO things are starting to work better as far as his digestive system.

He had a visit with cardio last week and that was not as positive as his heart is still working at 30% where he suffered the heart attack and the doctor told him he does not think it will get any better and he also has an irregular heart beat which could throw him into a major one at any time. But they have put him on meds, to help and he may have to have a defibulator placed under the skin like a pace maker down the road, but I told him we will worry about that bridge when we get there.

My dad also started his Chemo treatments in the hospital the other day but is doing well and should come home today or tomorrow. Hopefully this new chemo will work as they can not get the chemo they gave him last time for the tumors in his lungs as they don;t make it any more!!!!! go figure:smash:

So needless to say it has been another very stressful couple of days but at least things worked out for the best and we have Bill back on the mend.

I have decided that i am not going to be doing any more charters this season as well as I just can not get trips going with all the #^&#^&#^&#^&ty weather we have been having and taking care of Bill. Its just too much, so hopefully we will put it all back together next spring and have at it.

Bill and I both want to continue to thank all of you for your continued support, prayers and thoughts, you guys and gals are the best and we really appreciate it. THANK YOU!!!!

BigFish
10-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the report Jules! Hang in there everyone! I want to come by but life has me so busy I don't know which end is up??? Soon I hope Jules! Give Bill my best and you take care as well!

LT. DAN 2
10-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Prayers continue for Bill, You, and family members...

mekcotuit
10-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Jules - thanks for posting. Have been thinking of you both and was just thinking the other day "no news is good news", but glad Bill is back home again. Keeping you both in my prayers!

Finaddict
10-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Jules ... prayers continuing for both of you

hardcore from shore
10-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the update. Hang in there. I think about you guys every time I fish (and even when I am not fishing). Thoughts and prayers always.

jimmy z
10-06-2011, 02:57 AM
God be with you both! A day at a time!

JohnR
10-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the update. Hang in there. I think about you guys every time I fish (and even when I am not fishing). Thoughts and prayers always.

What he said. Everyday

Slingah
10-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Sending Best Wishes for all Jules!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Swimmer
10-06-2011, 01:12 PM
God be with you both! A day at a time!

Double down on the above, peace.

UserRemoved1
10-06-2011, 03:02 PM
triple ditty do

Raven
10-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Just keep forging ahead

Real glad you got that resolved

Continued healing and progress wishes.

Mr. Sandman
10-06-2011, 04:24 PM
We derby folks are thinking of you guys....

all the best, always.

Fisherwoman
10-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks everybody, I really hope you know how much strength you have all given me and Bill to get thru this, I miss the water bad and am hoping to get out for a day tomorrow and rip some lips, just wish Bill was strong enough to go along, My nerves are just about shot after this last episode, but thank god it was short lived and we are getting back on track.

I did take him down to the boat last week and we fished off the boat at the dock, was great to see him back on the Alternative, even if only for a short while, going to leave the boat in as long as I can and try and get him out there if even only for a short while before the season is over.

Hey Sandman, please pass along a big hello from us to all the derby crew, I am really missing those Albies this season but next season we will be loaded for bear.