View Full Version : Lost My Mojo......However.....

BigFish
10-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Well I am having the season from HELL!!! Can't catch a fish if someone tossed it to me underhand!!:wall: If I have gone fishing 40 times......I have caught about 10 fish....total!!!! Just dismal and those fish were caught on 4 outings though its rough estimate on the outings......thats for sure how many fish I have??? My timing is way off this season due to the damn new full time job.....love the job....hate that I have to have it!!! Wrong time, wrong tide, wrong place, wrong day......man I am just not showing when the fish are? However.......its times like these that prove to me that it really is not all about catching fish! (Though it would be nice for sure) On Monday evening I fished a spot that I have spent alot of time over the years......no fish but I enjoyed one of the most spectacular sunsets I have ever seen......and saw the second double rainbow I have ever seen......just amazing! Just being out there in the fresh air, under a beautiful starry night or enjoying a beautiful sunrise or sunset on the water always makes for a great time out on the water. I am wrestling with the question though...."What the heck is wrong with me?". Just a bad season I guess though I do not think its anything I am doing or not doing......just too much going on in life this season and my mind is very preoccupied to the point where I am just not feeling it?? Oh well......back out tomorrow night!! I will go down swinging!! Just a few more weeks left and I am hoping I can just string together a few good outings and some good memories to help keep me warm this winter!:uhuh:

afterhours
10-05-2011, 06:34 PM
hang in there big feller...still got some time left. sure is great to be able enjoy your surroundings when at the church of the wood and surf :). remember the double rainbow on cutty a couple of years back?

BigFish
10-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Of course I thought about it when I saw this one Don....I told the friend I was with about that one!!!:uhuh:

Slingah
10-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Yosemitebear Mountain Giant Double Rainbow 1-8-10 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI)

nightfighter
10-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Hadn't heard about the new full time gig..... nice that you like it too!

Hardcore
10-05-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm gong through the same thing BF. Not only do I have a new gig that doesn't lend itself to fishing nights I also have an 8 month old baby boy. I can probably count the fish I've caught in one hand. I haven't even caught any bluefish over 5 pounds :(
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

hardcore from shore
10-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Hey BF, i have had years and stretches like that too. You just keep going. Fact is I always have a Big Fish Lure in my bag so fact is you are out there every time I am and same goes for a lot of others.

Funny to see another "Hardcore".

I am off again to Vineyard to fish Derby again this weekend, then MS RI surf challenge next weekend, then Tri State the following weekend. The season is coming to a close and I am still plugging away, but it has been a tough season, not from lack of effort.

Bill

BigFish
10-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Hi Bill! Hope those lures are catching??? Hopefully I will go out in a blaze of glory Bill!:uhuh: Enjoy the Vineyard and following tourneys.....best of luck also!

flyvice11787
10-05-2011, 11:56 PM
You need a change of scenery, Larry. Montauk was off the hook today ;).
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

jimmy z
10-06-2011, 03:14 AM
Yes Larry, sometimes life gets in the way of doing what we enjoy!:)
I understand this, completely. I like the fact that you found good in your situation the other day when out there. That is a true gift, a real blessing! A day at a time is how how see this life. I try and make the best of today, because tomorrow is not promised to us! :kewl:

Rob Rockcrawler
10-06-2011, 03:54 AM
All it takes in one trip to turn the season from hell into the best ever.

Raven
10-06-2011, 04:18 AM
sometimes you have to do
just the opposite of what your thinking
there's a 50% chance you'll be right

bart
10-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Just be happy you can get out. I wasn't ready to hang it up for the year, but I have to because of a knee injury. Not ready to retire for the winter :(

MarshCappa
10-06-2011, 09:03 AM
If it weren't for two really good boat trips this year i would be skunked. I've hit the shore at Cotuit, The Canal, Centerville, and all over my local area in Marshfield about a dozen times and got nada to show for it. Keep at it though because it only takes one good outing to make your season!

fishbones
10-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Larry, I'll be out tonight. If you want to meet up give me a call. I think you have my number but if not, let me know and I'll pm it to you.

tysdad115
10-06-2011, 09:28 AM
I also had the everlasting skunk Larry. A fishless September and I casted my ass off. It certainly wasn't from lack of trying either, with several overnights and five day consecutive trips before and after work. Hell I even had a great night casting into the nothingness with you one night. I will say I've fished with alot more people this year and learned a ton and laughed even more. At the end of even a fishless day I was smiling and grateful for the opportunity to be out. When the skunk finally went away Sunday morning after another 11 hour, 18 mile riding skunkfest the fish hammered a BigFish pencil..my standby, so stick with it. Ill gladly share my good fortune with you now that I'm back in the game.:fishin:

rizzo
10-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Heres my opinion, in all seriousness:

Full time job, kids and other commitments take up time... Its not easy but gotta work around it, find new windows and burn the candle at both ends. If you're having numbers like that you're missing a significant detail or two. My attitude is not to make excuses, but figure out why you're striking out. Be dynamic and persistant. Learn to understand weather and conditions cues to know where the fish will be, and where the big ones will be. Fish with the techniques that best suit themselves for the conditions. I love catching fish on a fly rod, but you're not going to do too well most of the time with that, especially for 40 pounders. If you want to get out to clear your mind, thats one thing, if you want to slaughter the fish, you have to make some changes.

Slingah
10-06-2011, 05:13 PM
I Want My Mojo Back- Directed by Frank Weysos - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67IfIjR8OfQ&feature=player_embedded#)!

niko
10-06-2011, 07:05 PM
when did you ever have mojo? :1poke:

quick decision
10-09-2011, 03:35 AM
Dont you say this every year?

BigFish
10-09-2011, 03:36 AM
No....usually an end of season slump.....but this has been a season long slump!

quick decision
10-09-2011, 08:17 AM
i feel your pain