View Full Version : Fishing Cape Ann

Fly Rod
10-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Plenty of macs in and outside the harbor on Saturday. Went to deep water and trolled a couple of macs and the ocean was bare, no birds no fish of any kind. We finally started along the shore and caught a few small stripers nothing to brag about, all fish were under 28" all the fish were caught on the western shore from Magnolia to Manchester.

nightfighter
10-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Come south a little bit..... We have macks and some very nice fish around.... New PB this morning!

Sandy Bay
10-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Hi, I've been hearing of surface feeds lately in Salem Sound and just south, so I took a long cruise yesterday (Sat.) PM from Gloucester Harbor to Broad Sound, with numerous stops along the way to peer through my binoculars, but didn't see a single feed; was it bad luck, bad timing, bad binoculars, or what??

Fly Rod
10-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Hi, I've been hearing of surface feeds lately in Salem Sound and just south, so I took a long cruise yesterday (Sat.) PM from Gloucester Harbor to Broad Sound, with numerous stops along the way to peer through my binoculars, but didn't see a single feed; was it bad luck, bad timing, bad binoculars, or what??

Put the binoculars down, and troll a sabiki in a couple of spots and fish the western shore like nightfigter says. There were plenty of macs Saturday by the green can off Normans Roe. Gloucester harbor is loaded with small bait and micro macs

ProfessorM
10-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Come south a little bit..... We have macks and some very nice fish around.... New PB this morning!

good for you Ross, congrats

blondterror
10-10-2011, 06:38 PM

52" and FAT... wow that is a huge fish... and released to catch another day... great job Ross...