View Full Version : Does anyone make a small danny

Surf Caster
10-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Similar in style to the pichneys or like a smaller version of the beachmaster Danny?

If so I would love to get my hands on some.

If any of you guys could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Surf Caster
10-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Even better would be a small version of the musso surface swimmer, something 4 or 5" would be perfect. Thanks all.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Clogston29
10-10-2011, 01:20 PM
troublemaker used to make some good ones for sale. could post in the bst forum asking to buy some and you may get lucky. finish on them kind of sucks, but they swim great and catch fish.

Surf Caster
10-10-2011, 01:43 PM
I forgot about those..., I agree the finish is so so. I'll have to see if anyone else makes what I'm looking for.

Thanks though!

JLH
10-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Tattoo makes a small danny that I think is about 4 or 5 inches long and 1.5oz. I won one at the Hab's raffle last year and still haven't taken it out of the package so can't say how it swims...

I have done pretty well on the small Gibb's dannys...

numbskull
10-10-2011, 03:28 PM
This thread has the dimensions to a small donny I came up with and fishes well. http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/how-favorite-plug-forum-guides/55067-something-constructive.html Perhaps I'll make some more this winter. Several other people (Eskimo?) have made versions and may have some left.

Prof M also makes a copy of the small danny swimmer that is dead on and fishes very well.

Surf Caster
10-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Numbskull thanks a ton! I'll reach out to them, just looking for some simple colors. I appreciate the direction.

numbskull
10-10-2011, 07:01 PM
LOL. I made a bunch, but the only ones I fish are white. Hard to beat a white swimmer, unless it is purple.

Surf Caster
10-10-2011, 07:23 PM
LOL. I made a bunch, but the only ones I fish are white. Hard to beat a white swimmer, unless it is purple.

Yes sir - white swimmer in the mornings when small bait is around = good stuff. I was still able to pick fish with a white BM danny this weekend, but I think I would have done better with a smaller profile plug in this situation.

Hopefully ProfessorM or Eskimo have some they are willing to sell me.

Thanks again.

eskimo
10-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Sent you a PM. If I have one it's yours. I built mine according to NS specs except I made mine surface swimmers.

What you really want is one of PM's little pichneys.