View Full Version : NBA?

PRBuzz
10-12-2011, 09:15 AM
No discussion on the non-season this year? Can't believe there are no Celtics fans out there.

I haven't paid any attention to pro BB in over 20 yrs. I won't miss a thing!

Sea Dangles
10-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Celtic coaches are hoping for a short season. This is the only realistic way they stand a chance at another banner. That being said I think the NBA in general sucks and could care less about a season.

Saltheart
10-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Still hoping they play some. Hate to see it go like hockey did and take years to recover their fan base. B-ball can't afford that kind of lose in revenue.

keeperreaper
10-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Who cares. Good riddance.

JohnnyD
10-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Aside from the Pats or Bs winning the championship this year, nothing else in professional sports would give me more joy than the puppet master David Stern and the rest of that sham of a professional sports league to be canceled for the year.

The officiating is laughably inconsistent and biased. The players are prima donna thugs who get paid far too much money. The "salary cap" is a joke and does nothing to promote parity in the league.

The entire system is broken from top to bottom. The only people in the league I can sympathize with are any of the owners of teams outside of the Top 5.

Piscator
10-12-2011, 01:03 PM
I could care less...........

nightfighter
10-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Multi millionaires on both sides arguing over money.... Salaries, ticket prices and revenues all need to be brought down into line with the common man's reality... A message would be sent to all professional sports if this season is cancelled... But the collateral damage is to the waiters and other employees of businesses that depend on the fans coming to the areas surrounding the stadiums. I would not miss the NBA one bit as it has become a big man's handball, walking game.