View Full Version : Raiders at it again

JackK
10-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Just got Carson Palmer from the Bengals for a first next year and a second the year after, that can become a first.

Seems unreasonably expensive... But cincy is getting set up for the long haul.

nightfighter
10-18-2011, 11:34 AM
The Raiders will have a real QB now. Wonder how long it will take Palmer to get back in game shape, both physically and mentally.

Raider Ronnie
10-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Today is a good day

fishbones
10-18-2011, 11:50 AM
It's a smart move if Palmer's been keeping in football shape. He'll have some good receivers in Oakland so if he fails, it's all on him. I think they got the best available QB to fill in for Campbell, but they paid way too much if it really is a 1st and 2nd.

Raider Ronnie
10-18-2011, 11:54 AM
It's a smart move if Palmer's been keeping in football shape. He'll have some good receivers in Oakland so if he fails, it's all on him. I think they got the best available QB to fill in for Campbell, but they paid way too much if it really is a 1st and 2nd.

Campbell sucks and as far as I'm concerned he played (and threw his last int) his last game for the Raiders.
Palmer doesn't have to come in and light it up right away. We have a great running game.

MarshCappa
10-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Lots of BIG "If's, And's, or But's" with this deal. I guess it's encouraging for Raider nation because they had no QB but I have a lot of concerns with Carson as a person. These USC QB's aren't as good in the pro's as in college for whatever reason. He seems like a pre-madona but maybe a change will do him good. The Raiders are like reality tv you just can't turn them off cuz you're waiting for the next train wreck.

Raider Ronnie
10-18-2011, 02:30 PM
You can't really judge Carson because he was stuck in that mess that is the Bengals.
He as on his was to a great career till he took that cheap shot in the aft championship game against the Steelers.
Al Davis being old and lost his mind was still not as bad a the Brown family and how they run the Bungles !
This move will turn out as good as the use of a number 1 pick as the Seymour deal.

Lots of BIG "If's, And's, or But's" with this deal. I guess it's encouraging for Raider nation because they had no QB but I have a lot of concerns with Carson as a person. These USC QB's aren't as good in the pro's as in college for whatever reason. He seems like a pre-madona but maybe a change will do him good. The Raiders are like reality tv you just can't turn them off cuz you're waiting for the next train wreck.

MarshCappa
10-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Yea you're probably right Ronnie. Maybe going back to CA is just what he needs.

MarshCappa
10-18-2011, 03:05 PM
He better pan out because they are essentially out of draft picks for the upcoming draft!!!!!!:smash:

****************from CNN**************************

The Raiders will be counting on Palmer to step in and deliver — especially since this move clarifies that Oakland is going all out to make the playoffs this season. By dealing their first-rounder in 2012, Oakland is now without a pick for the upcoming draft’s first four rounds.

Oakland traded its 2012 second-rounder to New England as part of a deal that landed the Raiders a third- and fourth-rounder in the 2011 draft. The Raiders then used their 2012 third-round pick to select Terrelle Pryor in the supplemental draft, and their fourth-round pick belongs to the Redskins following the Jason Campbell trade.

So, if you’re keeping score, Oakland has coughed up three picks in next April’s draft for three separate quarterbacks.

The Raiders briefly pursued free-agent QB David Garrard, prior to this trade — Garrard was released by the Jaguars just before the start of the regular season. However, Garrard will undergo back surgery shortly, which eliminated him from Oakland’s list of options.

A bonus in this most recent trade for Cincinnati: Oakland reportedly will pick up all of Palmer’s remaining salary for 2011 — he was set to earn $11.5 million over a full season. Palmer’s contract actually runs through the 2014 season, and he’s still on the books for $38.5 million over that stretch.

Campbell, meanwhile, will be a free agent after the 2011 season, so it’s possible he has played his last down in Oakland.

MarshCappa
10-18-2011, 03:28 PM
You can't really judge Carson because he was stick in that mess that is the Bengals.
He as on his was to a great career till he took that cheap shot on the aft championship game against the Steelers.
Al Davis being old and lost his mind was still not as bad a the Brown family and how they run the Bungles !
This move will turn out as good as the use of a number 1 pick as the Seymour deal.

I heard BB on WEEI after the raiders game talking about Al Davis still being sharp as a tack. BB respected him big time. He never referred to him in the past tense and it was very interesting to hear him talk about how close the Pats and Raiders were on trade talks and draft picks. It seemed like it was always the first call BB made was to Al Davis to discuss. He said Al could remember players stats and careers right off the top of his head.

Slipknot
10-18-2011, 06:14 PM
I did a custom Kitchen for Palmer's mother years ago.
That is a lot to give up for him.
good luck

Raven
10-18-2011, 06:19 PM
they need serious medical help

Raider Ronnie
10-18-2011, 07:21 PM
they need serious medical help

How so ?

I am so stoked up about this deal !
I didn't know Palmer had such a history with our coach, both at USC & with the Bengals.
Jason Campbell sucked !
Now we got a quarterback to go with our very good running game.
I have NO problem with giving the draft picks.
Look at how many number 1 picks turn into bust !
Even BB has his share of crap draft picks !

nightfighter
10-18-2011, 07:30 PM
I am a believer that Carson Palmer is the real deal. Just got buried in Cinncinati... He's had the Bengals close to beating the Pats on more than a few occasions. This deal makes the Raiders a definite playoff team in my opinion.

Raider Ronnie
10-18-2011, 07:34 PM
I am a believer that Carson Palmer is the real deal. Just got buried in Cinncinati... He's had the Bengals close to beating the Pats on more than a few occasions. This deal makes the Raiders a definite playoff team in my opinion.

Add in the fact he won't have the TO & Ocho headcase side show to deal with that he did last year.