View Full Version : powder paint/toaster oven question.

jlnel
10-19-2011, 10:46 PM
sorry if in wrong spot, i know this is plug building but thought this was close..

my question is - for those that use a toaster oven to cure thier powder coated jigs, what brand / model works well.

i have been looking on craigslist but most dont have a pic and i dont know the dimensions, i would need a tall one for 6-8oz jigs ..

thanks for the tips.

JohnR
10-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Good location for it. I've though of doing it myself after watching a presentation by a local jigmeister.

Check out Wallymart and the like for cheap ones? I have seen some bigger ones but maybe also take some kind of rack on legs that will fit in a bigger toaster oven to suspend the jigs better..

Redsoxticket
10-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Turn the smaller type oven on the left or right side along with appropriate racks
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

jlnel
10-20-2011, 08:00 AM
ahhh, never thought of that, no safety shutoff like a space heater?

Turn the smaller type oven on the left or right side along with appropriate racks

Redsoxticket
10-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Don't leave unattended as you would food and pull the plug method is your manual safety override. The ovens have a temp control to prevent temps going over the preset value

JohnR
10-20-2011, 08:57 AM

Nice idea ;)