View Full Version : Beluga Plug

bloocrab
05-05-2003, 01:40 AM
Not that long ago, a friend of mine sent me one of his custom plugs. Great job, and I can't wait to fish it. :D Thanks again...****

But now to a cute story.

I had this plug on my desk at home. My 6 year old nephew was hanging out with me for the day. We were getting ready to head to McDonalds when he asked me if he could see the plug. I handed him the plug, and asked him if he knew what it was. He said, "of course I do uncle Gilly, you use it to catch fish". I smiled and said, "that's right Zach, your very smart for remembering that". I was finishing up some work on my PC when I noticed he was paying a lot of attention to this certain plug. I glanced over at him...and noticed he was looking at it from many different angles. I was entrigued by his curiosity and asked if he really liked that one. He looked up at me and said...

"I like it...BUT....I don't think it's going to work"......this coming from a 6 year old..lol

I laughed, and asked..."why do you think that?"

He replied;....."what kind of fish would try to eat a whale?"

I was suddenly confused and said to him, "thats not used for catching whales buddy"...

He replys;..."I know it's not used to catch whales, it's used to catch fish that eat whales..and I don't think any fish can eat a whale"

It's amazing at how smart children can be. He was aware that a plug was made to resemble some sort of bait fish in order to catch it's predator...what I was missing was that.....he was holding the plug a bit differently when he made his assessment. Holding this Pikie upside down, it DID in fact..resemble a whale. :)

I present to you, the Beluga Plug. :D

capesams
05-05-2003, 05:56 AM
ah yep ,, a whale of a plug.:smash:

PNG
05-05-2003, 06:37 AM
Good story

pops02
05-05-2003, 01:47 PM
another striper fisherman in the making, good story bloocrab

JohnR
05-05-2003, 01:59 PM
OK now moms & dads: "Baby Beluga and the big striped bass, the big striped bass, the big....."

So - some of BM's relatives thinks there is Elmo & Cookie Monster's hair on his plugs...

Slipknot
05-05-2003, 05:45 PM
:D :D :btu:

As I read it I hadn't scrolled down yet but somehow I knew the ending ;)

Now, Go catch a WHALE of a bass with that thing Gil :D

bloocrab
05-15-2003, 11:09 PM
...I'm sure it will produce Slip, thanks again. ;)