View Full Version : Mice

Nebe
11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
I got a few mice living with me... Do those things that you plug into the wall that omit noise you and I can't hear work??? I don't want to kill them....

UserRemoved
11-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Waste of money nebe
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe
11-08-2011, 11:36 AM
really???. that is what i suspected.

Raven
11-08-2011, 12:27 PM
this morning ok

i start the wife's Volvo

and back up leaving a quite bewildered mouse
sitting right in the middle of the driveway

normally i'll just walk over and crush its head
no need getting guts goo on my shoe...

instead, i run to get the damn cat

i put him down right on top of the mouse to watch him
sick it.... he fails

the mouse runs... i kick it to the cat
he looks at it but doesn't friggan care

then the mouse runs back under the car :wall:
gone...

new rule: step on them everytime
SCREW the CAT

Duke41
11-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Kill em

The Dad Fisherman
11-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Co-Exist :hee:

Rockfish9
11-08-2011, 02:18 PM
nuke 'em... nothing good about mice.. if you dont want to kill them.. the smallest size have a hart traps work well on them...dump em in a neighbors yard..

Saltheart
11-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Tom Cat....they sell it at Benny's. Works for a couple of years.

likwid
11-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Mothballs and the chirping thing stopped the stupid things from eating the RIB.

UserRemoved1
11-08-2011, 03:16 PM
pellet gun

UserRemoved1
11-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Better yet leave one of your hotty webpages open on your monitor and shut off the screen saver.

They'll run guaranteed :hee:

bart
11-08-2011, 03:37 PM
When I lived with my ex-girlfriend, Erica, in Allston we had a nasty mice problem. Those things you're talking about didn't do a thing. We just used sticky traps and tossed them. It was nasty. Good riddance...

JohnnyD
11-08-2011, 04:29 PM
When I lived with my ex-girlfriend, Erica, in Allston we had a nasty mice problem. Those things you're talking about didn't do a thing. We just used sticky traps and tossed them. It was nasty. Good riddance...
Good riddance to her or the mice? :rotf2:

Fishpart
11-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Call Harmony Pest Control..... mice no problem any more...

bart
11-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Good riddance to her or the mice? :rotf2:

Ha!

UserRemoved1
11-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Nebe I have three words for you.

HANTA VIRUS

RODENT

get rid of them it's not healthy man. You nads could turn neon green and then how you gonna fish? Could be good for squid fishing though :wave:

UserRemoved1
11-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Hantavirus - PubMed Health (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002358/)

When I met Denise about 22 years ago her apartment had mice. 41 of them she trapped when I found poo droppings and told her to set traps.

Mouse pee is some WICKED vile #^&#^&#^&#^& man. So is their poo. They're probably out there humping your toothbrush right now

http://www.aaanything.net/wp-content/gallery/another-week-another-wtf/wtf_guy_in_red_shoes_with_read_toothbrush.jpg

spence
11-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Our cellar is a bit of a maze and I've never thought the traps worked that well.

The D-Con pellets, that works well.

-spence

Raven
11-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Co-Exist :hee:

frig that.....

i had a mouse run up my back while in my bed
and i had a long t-shirt on to stay warm
a battle ensued and i was smashing everything
trying to kill that lil bastid....

luckiest mouse i ever saw...

Hookedagain
11-08-2011, 09:33 PM
When I bought my house we had a problem with those little bass-turds. Killed tons of them. Those electronic plug in units worked well for us. I made a mouse trap in the barn and caught (killed) an average of 6 a night.

5 gal bucket with 6" of water.

A string hanging from the ceiling with a paper plate attached to it.(a hole in the center of the plate with the string going through it, and a knot in the string, under
the plate) This hangs directly over the bucket, about even with the top of the bucket.

Place a piece of wood about 3 feet long from the ground to the top of the bucket like a ramp. (I used a piece of 1x3 furring) Put enough Peanut Butter to entice the mouse up the ramp.

Also put a blob of PB on the center of the plate.

When Mickey gets to the top of the ramp he jumps onto the plate ...the plate tips up....Mickey goes for a swim.

Empty bubket and repeat.

Nebe
11-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Heres the thing.. i live in a little one room shack thats only about 300 square feet. I think i am going to try the high pitch mouse annoyer trick first... Get them to pack up ship and set sail.... I think because my place is so small the sound from that thing will cover the whole place.

Raven
11-08-2011, 11:32 PM
NEBE....
you must not be paying attention to me or you have me on the ignore list
i'm not sure which....doesn't matter

if you want to catch the mice and re release them unharmed then the metal trap...
it's a box trap...i bought it at Auchobon hardware for like 21 bucks
cheaper than the electronic unit...

catches them but doesn't harm them what so ever
it has a lift up door so you can "let them go" somewhere else
and it'll last forever...catches up to 6 at a time

i strictly use black sunflower seed as bait usually
but all animals seek fat sources before winter arrives
so a chunk of beef suet for birds and a little black sunflower seed
is an absolute irrisistable attractant or use peanut butter on bread
to hold sunflower seed kinda like a glue

i freaked at the price @ first but after using the trap
and was catching them when i didn't even want to
i realized it was the most effective trap ever made.

Joe
11-09-2011, 04:43 AM
Find a different moral dilemma to wrestle with, and go with the mainstream approach when it comes to vermin.
I like your space.

The Dad Fisherman
11-09-2011, 05:36 AM
Thats why I got a cat.....and that cat doesn't give up.

This is one of her Mouse chasing session gone wrong....:wall:

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachments/scuppers/29117d1221970909-free-good-home-ceiling-003.jpg

PRBuzz
11-09-2011, 06:09 AM
If you are not going to take drastic measures to control your rodent population you might be interested in this?:rotf2:

Mice Population: Logistic Functions - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsoErdukCxU)

Nebe
11-09-2011, 06:41 AM
NEBE....
you must not be paying attention to me or you have me on the ignore list
i'm not sure which....doesn't matter

if you want to catch the mice and re release them unharmed then the metal trap...
it's a box trap...i bought it at Auchobon hardware for like 21 bucks
cheaper than the electronic unit...

catches them but doesn't harm them what so ever
it has a lift up door so you can "let them go" somewhere else
and it'll last forever...catches up to 6 at a time

i strictly use black sunflower seed as bait usually
but all animals seek fat sources before winter arrives
so a chunk of beef suet for birds and a little black sunflower seed
is an absolute irrisistable attractant or use peanut butter on bread
to hold sunflower seed kinda like a glue

i freaked at the price @ first but after using the trap
and was catching them when i didn't even want to
i realized it was the most effective trap ever made.

I'm listening. My theory is the vox trap only adresses the mice that are here.. The sound thing sends a message 24-7 to the mice that they are not welcome. I will go the have a heart route if I decide to trap.

bart
11-09-2011, 06:49 AM
nice lookin' pad, Eb

PRBuzz
11-09-2011, 06:51 AM
The D-Con pellets, that works well.

-spence

X2

I keep trays strategically placed all around the house haven't seen a mouse inside in years.

Raven
11-09-2011, 07:06 AM
X2

I keep trays strategically placed all around the house haven't seen a mouse inside in years.

this does not apply to people who have pets

Pete_G
11-09-2011, 08:29 AM
They're probably out there humping your toothbrush right now

That's the visual that always bugs me. You just know they're tinkling on your forks, spoons, and knives and dropping turds in and around your pots and pans as they crawl all over the house at night.

If that's not motivation to do some killing I don't know what is...

Havahart Traps do work though, and actually quite well if killing isn't the preferred approach.

Raven
11-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Havahart Traps do work though, and actually quite well if killing isn't the preferred approach.
~
you have to set them so the trigger bar is barely on

because they don't weigh much or enough to trigger
the trap to close.... and have one door already closed.

also you have to add a weight (flat rock) to the slammer door
to speed up it's closing -> as mice are wicked fast movers

better to not place bait on the see /saw shelf but on the floor
just past it.... old piece of bread with peanut butter covered in sunflower seeds....

Nebe
11-09-2011, 08:50 AM
now i am pissed... one of those #^&#^&#^&#^&ers pissed on my stove's back burner ( electric) .. I just went to make coffee and it made my place smell like a #^&#^&#^&#^&ing meth lab for 15 minutes... its time to die #^&#^&#^&#^&ers:gorez::rocketem::morons::liquify::devil::devil ::devil::devil::zup:

UserRemoved
11-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Hahahhahahahahahahahaha!

Want ro borrow my pellet gun? :D

Nebe
11-09-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm gonna kille em all!!!! Muahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!

Dick Durand
11-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Just had a family of dead mice vacuumed from the "fresh" air vent of my wife's Honda. All's well now, but driving that car was awful for the few days before the vent was cleaned.

Raven
11-09-2011, 05:07 PM
now i am pissed... one of those M-F-ers pissed on my stove's back burner ( electric) .. I just went to make coffee and it made my place smell like a #^&#^&#^&#^&ing meth lab for 15 minutes... its time to die #^&#^&#^&#^&ers :zup:

Now ya'll be larnin somethin SON.....

UserRemoved1
11-09-2011, 05:12 PM
SON? Ok NOW I'm scared.

Nebe
11-14-2011, 02:08 AM
Status Update. 2:00 AM.
Heard mouse in kitchen knock over mug in sink. Launched out of bed!!! Ran in.. Turned on lights and stunned the rodent. It ran under my toaster oven. I picked ip a colander. I slowly lifted the toaster and as the mouse ran I slammed the colander on top of him trapping him alive. Then I held my cutting board on the side of the counter and slid the colindar over the board without harming the mouse. Then I let the mouse go... In the toilet. It took 2 flushes to make him go down, but I can report that I released him un harmed.. True to my promise. :D

UserRemoved1
11-14-2011, 04:35 AM
HAHA! GO NEBE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

UserRemoved
11-14-2011, 04:52 AM
Nebe best change your toothbrush I think he had his way with it and was going to the sink to wash up :D

Raven
11-14-2011, 05:18 AM
often times they go into a sink to grab a drink of water
so
it pays to keep the sink spotless but 2 inches full of water

they'll be in there semi submerged some morning....

good nab.... Nebe

bart
11-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Eben you sick, sadistic bastid :rotf2:

Nebe
11-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Eben you sick, sadistic bastid :rotf2:

This mouse post made you realize this?!?!?!?!

zacs
11-14-2011, 10:45 AM
where there's one....

UserRemoved1
11-14-2011, 11:05 AM
there's many many many more.

I'm telling you nebe pellet gun

:hee:

Raven
11-14-2011, 12:54 PM
his walk to the .....DARK SIDE..... has begun.....

JohnnyD
11-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Ugh... Mice.

I'm dealing with them for the first time. Thought we had one or two, I've killed 5 in the last two days. Also have squirrels in the attic, but when I put a trap up there, the mice eat all the bait.

UserRemoved1
11-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Johnny I swear by those white Ortho traps. A little bit of peanut butter down inside the cup. If you really want to break mouseballs then stick a couple sunflower seeds in the peanut butter

They never get that fa

r

:gorez:

pick them up by the handle, dump outside for the fly population then click n reset for the next one. No dirty hands. No sticky crap. No trying to set a trigger. Those things are the jaws of death.

JohnnyD
11-14-2011, 03:38 PM
I've been looking for something that will hold multiple mice. It's a huge pain getting into the attic. Been chipping away at ones in the kitchen 2/night.

I mixed up some mouse bait - peanut butter, hulled sunflower seeds, thistle and some crushed peanuts. Seems to be working pretty well so far.

RIROCKHOUND
11-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Eben:
I think I still have a pellet gun over in Newport if you want it, you can borrow it... (assuming I can find it)

Nebe
11-14-2011, 05:25 PM
i read somewhre once that you can float a small cup full of sunflfower seeds in a 5 gallon bucket so that it is almost sinking... then make a nice dive platform for the mouse to jump off of into the bucket- when the mouse hits the seeds, the SS minnow sinks and leaves him to die a slow drawn out death treading water.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:devil2::devil2::devil2:

Joe
11-15-2011, 08:38 AM
That's more in character.
Why should one be nice to mice, and mean to people?
I know you're an artist, but still - the dichotomy was striking. Only some people are less than vermin and should be treated as such. The others, I think, should be afforded a measure of civility.

Nebe
11-15-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm mean to people? You must not know me very well Joe.

At any rate, I have another mouse.. Grrrrrrrr!