View Full Version : Motor

macojoe
05-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Got the motor hung and the new toung and roller. :happy: All I have to do is run the hoses and cables and I am good to go. :D I am inching my way there!!

macojoe
05-05-2003, 05:19 PM

BigFish
05-06-2003, 02:13 PM
:drool: Nice boat macojoe. Looks like a fish catcher to me.:kewl:
Good luck and enjoy.:jump:

macojoe
05-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Thanks bigfish. I hope to drop in the water next week some time for a test run!! Should be great. I have much more room in the cock pit now that the I/O is gone.
I have not even got mine lines wet yet!! Got to go get some fish soon.
They say the Mac's are at Gay Head so by next week I should be able to jig some up at the east end I hope.
Later

BigBo
05-06-2003, 02:42 PM
I like it, I like it!:kewl: :btu: :humpty: Looks like it's going to work out well. Did you have to make special spacers for the curvature of the transom? Can't really see in the photo but looks like you had to make wedges. That gives you a real nice swim platform too. The kids will probably like that. Should be ready for splashdown soon!

macojoe
05-06-2003, 02:53 PM
Thanks BigBo Yes I had to make wedges. This bracket was made for a 23 seacraft and they are pretty straight across. The wedges are 1 3/4 wide and tapered to noting at 20 inches. The center or square as I call it of the bracket is flat against the boat. This is good because this is were the stress point is. The platform is bolted also.
We will love the platform!! Much better to climb back in from a swim on that then a rope ladder.
You can see a few other pic on my web site. I have a 1/2 inch steel bracket on the inside to hold everything toghter. I did this hole job myself including all the glass work. I had a buddy weld the bracket on the inside for me. I have my fingers crossed that all will be well.
http://members.fishingworks.com/macojoe