View Full Version : Bye Bye Pap....

afterhours
11-11-2011, 02:26 PM
looks the phillies signed pap today today, awaiting physical. he was the most important free agent signing out there for the sox imo.....

MarshCappa
11-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Time for Bard to step up.

MarshCappa
11-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Not so fast. Nothing is done yet and this article says they aren't that close. I'm not listening to the radio though so maybe something just developed.

Jonathan Papelbon drawing interest from Philadelphia Phillies, source says - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7220089/jonathan-papelbon-drawing-interest-philadelphia-phillies-source-says)

MarshCappa
11-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Well WEEI just said it was a done deal pending physical! Bye Bye Pap!

striperman36
11-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Don't understand why they let him go.

Sea Dangles
11-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Glad he got his money but I think it is time to move on. Loved seeing him dance the jig on the duck boats. It's housecleaning time and I hope Papi is next.

striperman36
11-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Glad he got his money but I think it is time to move on. Loved seeing him dance the jig on the duck boats. It's housecleaning time and I hope Papi is next.

He is a free agent so, bbbbbyyyeee

Sundowner
11-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Welp, it was good while it lasted, but I haven't had the confidence in them in tights spots for the last 2 yrs anyway. Bard better shape up too, cause he wasn't all that impressive after mid season either.

Joe
11-12-2011, 04:12 PM
The night the Sox won the World Series in 04, Terry Franconia, his wife and grown children, celebrated by playing a board game as a family - which they did whenever they could.
Seven years later, Franconia is drinking on the road, cheating on his wife, his marriage is in the toilet, he is asleep at the wheel with respect to policing his players, and I'm not going to speculate about the drug use. That's either the mother of mid life crises or the effect of too much stress.
The organization, the expectations, the fans who are rabidly into it...it's a lot to deal with. Pap probably wanted the hell out of there.

Mike P
11-12-2011, 04:57 PM
There may be no market for Papi. He's limited to AL teams as a full-time DH. One talk show went down the list of teams in the AL, and they could count the ones that might have an interest in him on one hand. The rest either don't have the money, don't have a need, or both. It's doubtful that the Yankees would pay him $10-$12 million a year as an FU to the Sox.

The last thing that the Sox probably want to do it get into a bidding war against themselves for Ortiz.

Joe
11-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Papilbon blew 4 saves out 37 chances last year. One of which was on the last day of the season to the Orioles when the team was collectively as down as they could be.
So if you're ahead in the 9th and you gave him the ball, you had a 89.2% of winning. I think he got an inordinate amount of 4 out saves - but that's just guess.
It's right up there in among the premier closers - of which there are very few. And I'm not sure among the free-agent class this year, who is left. They should have signed him - he has the right make-up for a closer and while not a leader, he's not a problem child either.

stcroixman
11-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Losing Heidi Watney is big. NESN loses her and Katyrn Tappen in same year. That stinks for TV ratings

Joe
11-20-2011, 09:05 PM
I was sitting in the grandstand one night this season and there were probably 3000 women within my field of view. From the back, Heidi had - by far - the most radiant hair. It wasn't just a little bit better either - it blew all the b_tches hair away (pardon the pun).
That's just one component of her appearance....think about that. Who knows? She could be literally one in a 1,000,000,000 - they don't come along every day. She came in second for Miss California, twice - before the implants.