View Full Version : Sweet water fly fishing

JoeBass
11-14-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm here in Vermont and i can't believe I'm still fly fishing every wknd. It's really been nice weather. Or at least nice enough. There are several rivers and streams that are open year round for certain sections. A week ago I got into some really nice Northern Pike on Otter creek. I hadn't expected them as I was planning on trout. Landed a 28" and 2 smaller ones before I got bit off. Returned this weekend with wire tippets...caught 2 nice brown trout! Go figure. Bunny streamers and guitar minnows that I usually use for stripers are what's taking them.

saltydog
11-17-2011, 07:49 PM
JOE this is the time of the year Bunnys work great on trout. they cant resist'em
GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN:uhuh:

JoeBass
11-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks saltydog. I had another good weekend. Lost a brown trout about 15" that took a prince nymph. Landed one about 12" and caught a nine pound lake trout on a spoon in a river. My son landed it for me. I'm definitely going to keep working the bunnies slow.

saltydog
11-28-2011, 05:55 PM
I headed to a spot this sunday when I got there there were at least 6 cars parked along the road. usualy this time of the season everyone is gone but w/ good weather guys are still out. guess Ill have to wait a little longer till cold weather moves them OUT.:uhuh:
GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN

JackK
12-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Had a good time swinging streamers to sea run brookies and browns yesterday. Didn't land any though, I have to get used to the fast action of my new TFO. keep pulling hooks >:o
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

NEXT2NUN
12-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Hey Jack your new TFO. Is it a BVK by any chance, they look sweet and I need a new 6wt

JackK
12-05-2011, 09:58 AM
yes it's a 8.5' 5wt BVK, amazing rod- fast enough to punch through wind and launch a streamer, but also can lay a dry down really soft if needed. Definitely recommend it, you won't be sorry.

Went back and caught a couple salters. Beautiful fish.

NEXT2NUN
12-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks, thats what I wanted to hear.

JoeBass
01-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Was back at it this past weekend. Fished a couple of spots here in Vermont. January 1st and 2nd. Can't believe I found good water to fish on lake Champlain tributaries. Was hoping for a Steelhead or trout. Got Nuthin. STILL, it was great to be out. Not too cold and not too much ice. But I think that's it for the winter. Today is 10 degrees. All the rivers are going to close up. Time to tie.