rated for up to 2 oz., but since I was unable to finish it myself
due to the space limitations of my very small apartment, I had
someone finish it for me. It is euipped with a Shimano Calcutta
400 non-levelwind. If anybody has any tips for the use of this
euipment, anything that might make the transition any easier,
I would appreciate the input.:confused: :doh:

Tagger
05-06-2003, 02:23 PM
on the 7000 slowly tighten bearing on clicker side while in free spool...When you see spool turning with you turning the bearing stop...back of a little on bearing to take pressure off spool,,,Move that little tabby thing on zero....thats your starting point.......also its easier to throw heavy than light ,,,start with 3 ounces work that for awhile...Go Slow. not the fast snap you do with your spinning reel....Don't get frustrated..there is a learning curve...even the best occasionaly nest...butt there trying to hit the other side of the ditch too..

chris L
05-06-2003, 02:43 PM
practice and practice some more . Be very aware of the nonlevelwind . If not you will have one side full and the spool wont turn . Now go out and practice and remember not to remove your thumb from the spool until it stops revolving . I forget sometimes !

BigFish
05-06-2003, 02:54 PM
:bounce: Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate the
help. My fishin' buddy has a non-level wind Calcutta 400 that
I have been throwing around flawlessly in practice, but I know
when I get near the water I will be a little more nervous. I don't
want to get too ahead of myself, like you said, practice, practice,
practice. I don't want to look like this:af: :crying: :doh: :exp: :splat: Keep the info comin'.

capesams
05-06-2003, 03:56 PM
it's going to be tough getting over spin tossing, as you can pretty much throw a line drive. conv. wants to be kind of a lob shot, shoot for the moon type cast.bring your rod around at 1-2 o'clock, not over your head or side ways. start out slow with distance, don't try an kill the cast by throwing hard. distance will come in time.

capesams
05-06-2003, 04:02 PM
o one more thing dump the non l/wind an get a l/wind if your going to be fishing at nite. the loss of a few feet isn't worth having to play wind the oline on the spool game when its black outside......my 2 cents.........98 percent conv. 20 plus years.

cal. 400:kewl:

Fisherwoman
05-06-2003, 07:50 PM
Bigfish, give me a call and maybe we can do a little casting clinic or chat about the new set up.

Baitcaster

BigFish
05-06-2003, 08:04 PM
:bounce: Again, thanks for all the advice and keep it coming.
:claps: Fisherwoman, I will get in touch with you and we will
do just that, thanks.:jump:

chris L
05-07-2003, 10:46 AM
bigfish thats not fisherwoman . thats her other half Baitcaster hes a good egg . Hes helping fisherwoman to get more posts and points . LOL

Hello Bill !

FishChick
05-07-2003, 04:39 PM
I think what you need to do is take your FishChick out fishing for the day. That way you will be able to practice and she can watch you....CUTIE!!!!!!

Tagger
05-07-2003, 05:24 PM
:drool: ?

BasicPatrick
05-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Hey FishChick,

How about you take him fishing. It is you with the Plaque on the wall and the 10 plus pound Largemouth to your credit.

I still think your Id should have been Biggerfish

:D

BigFish
05-08-2003, 08:12 AM
:splat: Funny, very funny. Let the games begin.:laugha:

BigFish
05-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Come on, does'nt anyone fish conventional?:confused: Please,
throw in your 2 cents worth. Not you BasicPatrick, funnyman.

BasicPatrick
05-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Best thing for you to do Big Fish is hand rod over to fish chick and assist her in landing the big un.

Fishpart
05-09-2003, 06:19 AM
You might want to start by not filling your reel to the edge fo the spool. There is less chance of an over run. Be sure you use enought weight to load the rod properly, try to go too light and you'll be cuttin'.

If you plan on lures or eels at night get a levelwind.