View Full Version : Literally right down the street...

bart
11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Scary what heroin is doing to people around here.
Elderly woman tied up during violent Franklin home invasion (http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/franklin-home-invasion-suspects-on-the-loose-20111114)

JohnnyD
11-18-2011, 04:05 PM
This is exactly why I now keep a firearm in the house now.

Where abouts? I have to imagine near US495. Franklin gets the overflow of trash from Milford. The CVS down the street from me has been hit a few times by illegals that were squatting in Milford.

fishbones
11-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Franklin also borders Woonsocket, which could explain why the suspects were seen on video in RI.

JohnnyD
11-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Franklin also borders Woonsocket, which could explain why the suspects were seen on video in RI.
It does? I thought bellingham and wrentham were in between. For once, I'm not being a wise ass... really don't know.

bart
11-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Woonsocket is real close. This is where all the heroin and criminals are coming from. Johnny, this happened on Mount Street, about five houses down from the Wrentham line. I live on the corner of Mount and Summer. I know the victim. I talked to an investigator today and he said Franklin is getting "pounded." Heroin, opiates are an epidemic and are ruining a lot of peoples' lives, as well as making the surrounding areas unsafe...

Raider Ronnie
11-19-2011, 05:24 AM
Oh great

cheferson
11-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Big pharma's oxy's are at fault I bet . Drugs are ok as long as some corp is making money !

Seen too many young people start out popping pills, then start messing with Oxy's . Then when that gets to expensive to support their habit , they move on to snorting heroin . Eventually shooting . Saw many people I grew up with waste away . This was aquidneck island too .....

Nebe
11-19-2011, 07:59 AM
15 years ago, all the heroin freaks used to hang out at that old brick mill building that as abandoned by the railroad tracks in Franklin.....

5/0
11-19-2011, 08:35 AM
That's really to bad,Franklin is a very desirable town with allot of Heritage.

Karl F
11-19-2011, 09:02 AM
hearing more and more that Oxy's are the big gateway to H

and hey, it's everywhere now, been on the cape for several years now, and still growing, shootings, stabbings, home invasions, break ins galore... big pill bust not too long ago in a busy parking lot near by, one of the parties involved back out and about in a new suv... and the beat goes on

Joe
11-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Must be some good #^&#^&#^&#^&.

bart
11-19-2011, 09:17 AM
exactly what chef said. Luckily Oxys are pretty much off the market now. But then Purdue went and flooded the market with Percs. same deal. can't afford the percs anymore, next step is the big H....

Swimmer
11-19-2011, 09:47 AM
But the judges all believe this heroin thing is a social ill and not a criminal or crime problem, hence, they dont send any to jail when caught.

GregW
11-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Big pharma's oxy's are at fault I bet . Drugs are ok as long as some corp is making money !

Seen too many young people start out popping pills, then start messing with Oxy's . Then when that gets to expensive to support their habit , they move on to snorting heroin . Eventually shooting . Saw many people I grew up with waste away . This was aquidneck island too .....

How is someone illegally popping pills any one else's fault?

OLD GOAT
11-19-2011, 12:37 PM
I've read in the news papper that oxyneo will replace oxycontin next year in Canada anyway.
I've read that it's safer,,so they say.

Karl F
11-19-2011, 02:34 PM
must be some kinda awful in them oxy pills, I know two real good kids who were given them by doctors, when they had sports injuries...8-10 years later, both of them two poor kids have sold their souls to keep at it.. damn shame

cheferson
11-19-2011, 03:22 PM
How is someone illegally popping pills any one else's fault?

What KarL F said above for starters .

Here's more

Marketing and misbranding

Critics have accused Purdue Pharma of putting profits ahead of public interest by applying "significant political pressure" to attempt to reverse South Carolina's requiring prior approval before a person with Medicaid can receive the drug;[53] for "fail[ing] to adequately warn consumers of the risks" of OxyContin such as dependence;[54] and for promoting the drug "aggressively" and by means such as "promotional beach hats, pedometers and swing-music CDs."[54][55]

In May 2007 Purdue Pharma "agreed to pay $19.5 million" in fines relating to aggressive off-label marketing practices of OxyContin in 26 states and the District of Columbia.[56] In specific, the company encouraged dosing more frequent than the recommended interval of 12 hours, and did not fully disclose the risk of hazardous or harmful use.[56]

Later in May 2007 Purdue Pharma and three of its top executives pleaded guilty in a Virginia federal court to charges that they misbranded OxyContin by representing it to have "less euphoric effect and less abuse potential" than it actually has, and by claiming that people taking the drug at low doses could stop taking it suddenly without symptoms of withdrawal.[57] The FDA had not approved these claims.[58] The company and the executives were to pay $634 million in fines for felony and misdemeanor misbranding.[57]

In October 2007, officials in Kentucky filed a lawsuit against Purdue Pharma for misleading health care providers and consumers "regarding the appropriate uses, risks and safety of OxyContin"; as of mid-2008, however, the case had been "consolidated with other lawsuits into a single multi-litigation suit" in a federal court in New York.[59]

bart
11-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Again, Chef is right on the money. same with Karl F. Easy to say these people are scum til one of your kids or friends starts doing pills, because there isn't the same social stigma attached to Percs like Heroin. I blame the user, but I also blame Purdue and the irresponsible doctors who write 'scrips just to make an extra buck. A lot of blame to go around. BTW, Oxys are more addictive than heroin. I may be wrong, but I believe the same chemicals that exist in heroin are in opiates as well..

bart
11-19-2011, 06:58 PM
I've read in the news papper that oxyneo will replace oxycontin next year in Canada anyway.
I've read that it's safer,,so they say.

There are other replacements already. OPs instead of OCs( they turn to gel when crushed so they can't be snorted). Opanas, which are a combination of Oxycodone and Percocet. They all get abused. The damage is already done.

Karl F
11-19-2011, 07:03 PM
watched "Ungaurded" recently.. a documentry about Chris Herren.. interesting to hear him say he only did "H" so he wouldn't get "dopesick" from lack of Oxy's, he would do either that was easiest to get, but sounded like Oxy's were the main addiction. He did not get started on it legally tho, his experience was just about getting high. But it kind of re-enforced what I have heard before, and what you mention, the Oxy addiction is the tough one. I do believe they are both opiate based, but have heard that vikes are too???

bart
11-19-2011, 07:12 PM
I saw that movie as well. It was really sad. I hoping for something uplifting, not what I expected. Yes, Vikes are also opiates, but they won't do the job if you're a junkie. Can't snort, smoke, or shoot them. And not as potent. And yes, you can smoke or shoot Percs, Oxys, and H...

Karl F
11-19-2011, 07:18 PM
sad ..yes..but the best part, is he has been clean and sober three years, is going around talking to people at risk, and doing something he loves, with basketball too. I must add, he looks amazing at 35, considering what he has been through. brutally honest, and worth the watch.

bart
11-19-2011, 07:27 PM
definitely very honest. he starts out the movie saying he's not your typical anti-drug speaker. I never made it to the end. happy to hear he's clean...

Swimmer
11-19-2011, 08:02 PM
They not much of a problem until they crush and snort them. And they used this first, then on to heroin cause its cheaper. They are selfish I dont give a chit people. They made the choice for themselves, Pharma didn't.

cheferson
11-20-2011, 06:54 AM
They not much of a problem until they crush and snort them. And they used this first, then on to heroin cause its cheaper. They are selfish I dont give a chit people. They made the choice for themselves, Pharma didn't.

heh , coming from the same person who said -

But the judges all believe this heroin thing is a social ill and not a criminal or crime problem, hence, they dont send any to jail when caught.

I see what your answer is if you have a substance abuse problem...Lock em up!:smash: Surely they get the best drug treatment programs while incarcerated . Also drugs are not easily available in prison either , right? What does is cost to imprison someone for a year ???? I don't think non-violent drug user's should be imprisoned ....

Karl F
11-20-2011, 11:37 AM
another issue, and one that is not made public, is that there are officers with abuse issues... so some things go unlooked at, or some is "confiscated" and not to be seen... how can this be you might ask?.. well if Herren could play as well as he did while high.. and there is also the "sealed lip" of the thin blue line...

some of this is coming into the fray localy..(read todays CCTimes).. with the booze issue finally being addressed...but it does go deeper.

UserRemoved1
11-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Why can't people just smoke bones anymore :smash:

ya get the munchies ya fall asleep

Least that's how I used to be

but I never inhaled.

JohnnyD
11-21-2011, 11:39 AM
I blame the user, but I also blame Purdue and the irresponsible doctors who write 'scrips just to make an extra buck. A lot of blame to go around. BTW, Oxys are more addictive than heroin. I may be wrong, but I believe the same chemicals that exist in heroin are in opiates as well..
I have to take a little bit of contention to the above. My fiance works as a primary care PA. Every day she is dealing with people that lie, cheat, fake, act and whatever else necessary to convince her that they "need something for the pain." And this isn't some crap doctor's office in the center of Dorchester... it's in Mansfield.

The difficulty comes from liability. She does whatever she can to *not* give out pain scripts - has put together a pain contract, requires drug testing and regular visits. But, she always has to battle with that one person who can "prove" they legitimately have pain and she refused to treat it and she'll be in court.

The system is broken. If I need to buy a decongestant, the pharmacist scans my license, I have to sign a form and the government limits the amount you can buy - all for a damn decongestant because some meth heads may try to cook up some drugs with the ephedrine. However, there is no system in place for pain pills. Many pharmacies self-regulate and the Misses gets the occasional call from the pharmacy "Hey, are you aware that Mr Jones filled out a pain script two days ago that was written by a surgeon? Oh and 2 weeks ago they filled a pain script written by a dentist." But, they scumbag has to fill the script at the same pharmacy for that system to work.

With regards to the chemical contents: Oxycontin, percocet, oxycodone and similar drugs are all opiods and made with chemicals that are essentially a legal version of heroin. Pretty much all have very similar chemicals in them.

Working as and EMT for 5 years when I was younger and having people in my family with addiction issues... I can sympathize with the family and the terrible ills that they go through. I also really sympathize for people that did have an injury, legitimately needed something to manage their pain and then formed an addiction. However, I can't find an ounce of sympathy for the person who created their own problems and should be held responsible for the choices they made. Alcoholics, pill-poppers, junkies, smokers and anyone else that's made their bed should be expected to sleep in it. If they turn to crime to support their habit, then they're now criminals. It's the decision they made. Addiction may be forcing their hand today, but it didn't do so in the beginning.

Swimmer
11-21-2011, 03:47 PM
heh , coming from the same person who said -

I see what your answer is if you have a substance abuse problem...Lock em up!:smash: Surely they get the best drug treatment programs while incarcerated . Also drugs are not easily available in prison either , right? What does is cost to imprison someone for a year ???? I don't think non-violent drug user's should be imprisoned ....

My point is if there is no punishment, then thier is no crime. Judges turned thier backs long ago as opposed to dealing with this. When the same people come into court cgarged with the same drug offense 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 times or more. After all that you have to kind of figure the person doesn't care about themselves. In the meantime, while they are not in jail, they are out stealing from people they know and people they dont know to get what they need. When they are not in jail thier drug use is everyones problem. When they are in jail they are forced to deal with it themselves and at leasst they are not stealing from you and I.

Yup, I am sure you can get drugs in jail. Nothing is perfect. What does it cost to keep someone in jail, I dont care. People who use drugs made that concious first choice that thier lives were not exciting or vibrant enough and they needed a bigger kick. If your a drug dealer, then your are an inherently violent person by virtue of making the choice to sell drugs to other people. The act itself is passive, but once the drugs are placed in the buyers hand, a death can occur. Each time you sell drugs you are potentially a killer. Not marijuana, no, but just about anything else.