View Full Version : next project for the kids

jim sylvester
11-19-2011, 09:49 PM
so my next project in the upcoming weekend is building an backyard rink for the kids. 32 x 70 is what i have to work with for flat area in the backyard (4" pitch...not bad) until it drops off 25". pretty easy actually..toughest part will be rounding off the corners/boards instead of making it a square.
wondering if anyone has any rubber excercise /playground/hockey rink mats laying around they would be looking to sell or swap some pluggage for. The addition we built this summer (18 x 52 vernanda/giant farmers porch) in the backyard in concrete...looking for some mats to put over to get to the rink.
let me know if anyone has any or has a hook up for any.

should be a fun upcoming winter!!!!!!!!!

thanks

jim

WESTPORTMAFIA
11-20-2011, 01:26 AM
Hope you get the mats. Awesome project! Check the local rinks.

5/0
11-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Jim,
2'X2' lockable exercise pads come in a couple different colors they are two foot square and roughly 5/8ths thick and come with 6-8 in a pack.These can be bought at Wal-mart,Target and other home stores for fairly cheap money.

spence
11-20-2011, 10:29 AM
You actually think the water is going to freeze this winter???

-spence

jim sylvester
11-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Jim,
2'X2' lockable exercise pads come in a couple different colors they are two foot square and roughly 5/8ths thick and come with 6-8 in a pack.These can be bought at Wal-mart,Target and other home stores for fairly cheap money.

sounds good thanks

fishbones
11-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Jim,

I used these for my workout room in my basement and they seem pretty durable. Pretty sure I got them at Target. I also build a small skating rink in my yard, but I just put the skates on on the ice.