View Full Version : flying with a rifle

american spirit
11-20-2011, 08:13 PM
so i'm doing a hunting trip with my father in-law in PA. have to fly there. i've got a hard lockable case. but still worried about some dopes tossing my stuff around and messing up the scope. it's dialed in good now.

any recommendations.

GregW
11-21-2011, 08:14 AM
so i'm doing a hunting trip with my father in-law in PA. have to fly there. i've got a hard lockable case. but still worried about some dopes tossing my stuff around and messing up the scope. it's dialed in good now.

any recommendations.

I would always re-zero upon flying.
You're traveling all the way to PA, no point being cheap or lazy about it.

O.D. Mike
11-21-2011, 08:56 AM
I agree with Greg, doesn't matter if you were flying or driving to another state, always sight in the gun when you get there. If you are going to a ranch, they will have a range for you....

nightfighter
11-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Like Greg said, you're going to spend the time and money to go to Pa, so take the time to get to a local range before you head into the woods. Picnic table, sandbag, and half a dozen rounds and you should be good to go. First cluster in a corner, then center bullseye after adjustments. Have a chart with you to adjust for yardage vs what you have at the range ie. range is 50 yds and you are sighting for 200. Then you will only have to compensate for windage and elevation. Don't want to be questioning the gunsight when you might only have one shot...

Sundowner
12-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Just got back from P.A.. There are no deer in P.a.! Seriously though, they need to cut back on the doe tags