View Full Version : so..how did you do?

izzy
05-06-2003, 06:58 PM
I am starting this thread so that everyone can just pop in and tell the rest of us how your day out fishing was.It will be good fun and a great way to see how the season is progressing.I'll start by asking,

So...how did you do?

BigFish
05-07-2003, 08:32 PM
:bounce: Izzy, how you doin'? Went out this morning about
8:00 am. down in Onset and caught four shorts about 10-12
inches long. Not BIG but it sure felt good:happy: :claps: :jump:
to have a tight line after such a long winter and to pull it in
and find a striper of any size on the end of my line was just
the best. However, I am ready for the BigFish.:drool: :jump:

BigFish
05-07-2003, 08:35 PM
:happy: Boy, by the looks of this thread and all the people
viewing it, I must be the only person hooking up.:bounce:
Damn that makes me feel GREAT:kewl:

izzy
05-07-2003, 08:37 PM
hey Bigfish,glad to hear you had a good day...keep casting!

BigFish
05-07-2003, 08:44 PM
:walk: Izzy, how about yourself, are you hookin' up and where
do you like to wet a line when you are fishin'?:hihi:
Surf or boat, what is your poison? I like the sand.:ss:

pops02
05-07-2003, 10:08 PM
i was ohfah today, ill get em tomorrow

NilsC
05-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Hope to fish Friday & Saturday.

I have to put up the sign.

Nils

MountainBreeze
05-08-2003, 06:32 AM
Went out for a few hrs yesterday (Wed) morning. Managed 5 schoolies, the largest at a short 16".

Also, managed 4 LMB later in the day, on the first trip out in the new yak'! :D

Tight Lines,
Rob

JohnR
05-08-2003, 06:40 AM
Izzy.... Went out last night for an hour + , managed 2 quick fish (a microbass & a Jersey Keeper :laughs: ) then not a tap for the next hour. Theb the long, arduous, 4 minute ride home :eek5:

05-08-2003, 06:42 AM
I wasted 2-hours of my time at the local herring run.....:(

castn4bass
05-08-2003, 07:27 AM
another good outing wednesday on the incoming at a secret muddy spot in wareham, hooked lots of large, managed to land only one . didn't bring the right hooks (too small for herring). So total for the day 1 at about 30" & a half dozen or so twinkies 12" to 16" Gonna try again today with the right gear!!! They are definitely here, & in numbers!!!!! :jump:

Clammer
05-08-2003, 07:57 AM
a couple of fish before JohnR came & broke my line
thats 5 nights ina row we played with fish in the same spot=======get seroius next week //fish buckies
no rush it doesn,t matter its FUN

JohnR
05-08-2003, 08:14 AM
a couple of fish before JohnR came & broke my line Wrong :laughs: - a couple of fish before your knot failed :D ...

I walk down, it's real quiet, my gear is still stashed in truck. Clammer says "that plastic you gave me the other day, I don't know if it works right" - kinda like I was setting him up, right :rollem: ? Well, after spending 5 minutes getting the wind knots out of his braid while he's grilling me on the Cocahoes (and I was nice enough to give him my one of my last pearl color :eek5: ), I make my first lob, a few cranks, and I'm on to a Jersey Keeper. Yep, this plastic don't work right, uhuh :D ... Yip, no fish there... :D - Was fun Clammer as ususal - swing by for an hour of microbass and the wife hardly knows you are gone :D

Raven
05-08-2003, 09:22 AM
went out to my bassin pond and caught four 3 1/2 to four pound large mouths, lotsa snickerals then boogied home dropped off the boat ran to the po box and bank real quick and then went trout fishing with waders in assabet river and caught a keeper trout. the cape trip requires that i get an all day / and all night leave of absence to do it right. If i can get the wife to catch a huge striper she'll be saying: ok i'll see ya next week Honey byeeee :happy:

Clammer
05-08-2003, 01:13 PM
BUt as a seasoned pro we all know you are ==my knot didn,t give =======you ha d the largest of the schoolies we have caught this year & you did what ?????
tried lifting it up by the line /thats when it popped
and then you had the @#$%^ to give back my rod=less the lure ,pick up your and continue to fish ====leaving me screwed,because I couldn,t see to tie on a new one
thats the whole story

PS my line wasn,t snarled until you picked up the rod

See you tonite???

:D :cool: :D :D

JohnR
05-08-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by clamdigger
BUt as a seasoned pro we all know you are ==my knot didn,t give =======you ha d the largest of the schoolies we have caught this year & you did what ?????
tried lifting it up by the line /thats when it popped
and then you had the @#$%^ to give back my rod=less the lure ,pick up your and continue to fish ====leaving me screwed,because I couldn,t see to tie on a new one
thats the whole story

PS my line wasn,t snarled until you picked up the rod

See you tonite???

:D :cool: :D :D Senile!

Tonite? Maybe

Slipknot
05-08-2003, 01:38 PM
I finally broke the ice :)

Got Stripers
05-08-2003, 02:17 PM
I spent yesterday afternoon with Bill & Juls and we caught, nothing big but it's catching not fishing:). Mostly small schoolies, at 3 or 4 different locatons, before I headed home around 8. I think the large will be here soon, so it's time to pay your dues.

PNG
05-08-2003, 02:53 PM
2 Keepers.

FishWebb
05-08-2003, 04:01 PM
Caught 3 last Sunday 33.5", 31" and 24". Hope for more of the same this weekend!:D

izzy
05-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Bigfish,I live just outside Philadelphia.So I have not got a chance to come up to the cape yet this season.Last year in sept. I came up and fished Race point Herring cove and head of the meadow in North Turo and Providencetown.I've never been out on a boat for stripers.Always surf fished.I am hoping to make it up a few times this season.Down here i fish for stripers in the Susquehanna river right below the Conowingo dam in Maryland about an hour from home.I have not hooked anything large enough to speak of.When it does get hot and heavy i've only caught 36"(never more then 20#).always in my waders or shorts.We use 3/4 oz jigs (white) with 4" white curly tails attached.

maine/rifisherman
05-09-2003, 02:44 AM
Nothing yet been out twice and now my car is broken down :wall: and i don't know when i'll be able to get out again:( it has caused me to go in to a deep depression and now i just sit around all day wishing i could be fishing. I'll probably miss the rest of the year because that is how my luck is.
Yes i am just looking for simpathy i hope you all feel bad for me because you should i'm like a fish out of water.
oh well i guess i'll live :)
Thanks for listening to me whine :D :D :D

JohnR
05-09-2003, 06:39 AM
me/ri - you live in Warwick. You can walk to half a dozen spots - don't need no stinkin' car - granted, it helps greatly :rollem:

Smitty's Ice Cream
05-11-2003, 09:39 PM
On Saturday morning I livelined herring at Middle Ground, Nobska, and Woods Hole with no luck at all. Not even a hit.
The seals in Woods Hole seemed very interested in my herring, so I quit fishin and threw them a couple of dead ones.
The Quest continues...

Fishpart
05-12-2003, 06:17 AM
One little Jersey (25") keeper this morning. Same spot as the past two years. Alewife Fin-s

JohnR
05-12-2003, 06:35 AM
FP - I was going to go but junior was sick last night - thinking tomorrow. Wind was east there last night, did it move this AM?

Fishpart
05-12-2003, 07:10 AM
#$%^& NORTH :af: =Mambo in the face, couldn't fish the rip on the outside.

Tomorrow is a little late for me because of when the turn happens.

Nice Boat!!

Clammer
05-12-2003, 08:04 AM
FP didn,t know you used that word

tides look great for the other spot,except its not as fishy

when do you go in ??