View Full Version : Pats/Eagles

JackK
11-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Bummed I'm going to be traveling all week, and will miss this game.

If Philly's OL & DL play like they did Sunday night...

If the NE offense clicks for 60 minutes...

Tough game to call. Unknown if Vick or VY will be playing, or if Maclin will be in. Eagles are better than their record suggests, but have come up small in big situations all year. Sunday was the abnormality.

But the Pats haven't really faced an offense with these kind of weapons yet. Both defenses will be hard pressed- the Eagles mediocre LBs will get roasted by Gronk, Hernandez and Welker mismatches, and the Pats secondary will get dominated by Maclin (if he goes) and Djax. McCoy is also a serious X factor- Pats haven't faced anyone like him yet with the exception of Fred Jackson, who had a field day.

As cliche as it sounds, it's going to be the battles up front that determine this. If the NE OL can keep Brady clean, it's going to be a blowout. If he gets rattled and knocked around, the birds have a good chance.

Hoping for a good game, no injuries, good luck.

Raider Ronnie
11-22-2011, 12:52 PM
The Eagles suck !
Pats will kill them !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Mike P
11-22-2011, 01:02 PM
It depends on which Eagles team shows up. The one that shut down the Giants and dismembered Dallas, or the one that lost to the Cardinals.

Factoid: the Eagles are currently 4-6 and only have lost to one team with a losing record. The combined W/L record of the teams they've lost to is 36-24.

JackK
11-22-2011, 01:36 PM
The Eagles suck !
Pats will kill them !

Expert analysis :biglaugh:

It depends on which Eagles team shows up. The one that shut down the Giants and dismembered Dallas, or the one that lost to the Cardinals.

Factoid: the Eagles are currently 4-6 and only have lost to one team with a losing record. The combined W/L record of the teams they've lost to is 36-24.

This. Assuming Vick doesn't play, it really hinges on which VY comes to play- the one that looked like garbage for three quarters, or the one that showed up in the fourth.

NE looked pretty shaky last night until the blown coverage on Gronk's first TD... Which seemed to jumpstart the entire team. Brady's protection has been less than stellar as of late, and the Eagles will be looking to hit him early and often. Look for a couple sacks and forced fumbles.

Saltheart
11-25-2011, 03:34 PM
We could win our next 6 but I think we need to play well. Three teams.....Philly, Denver and Buffalo have it in them to beat us if we get sloppy. However , we can go 13-3 if we play even decent the rest of the games.

Slipknot
11-25-2011, 03:55 PM
On the road they will need to get off to a much better start than they have been.

I don't think Mayo is as healthy as he needs to be, that could be trouble with the Eagles running game.

Brady has to play mistake free again.

not the end of the world if they lose, but I don't see it being like that giants game where we lost, that sucked

striperman36
11-25-2011, 04:28 PM
I am sure Giselle has been giving guidance from the game tapes to Mr Bunchden again.

Hopefully some elbow massage too.

JackK
11-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Well, at least I blew out zacs in Fantasy Football. :sleeps:

Looks like the wheels are really falling off in Philly now. The 'Fire Andy' chants were out in full force. Interesting to see what this offseason will bring.

The Dad Fisherman
11-28-2011, 12:12 PM
The Eagles suck !
Pats will kill them !

Expert analysis :biglaugh:

Yeah....but pretty much Spot On. :hihi:

Raider Ronnie
11-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah....but pretty much Spot On. :hihi:

I bet Nnamdi wishes he stayed in Oakland now !
Nice Dream Team they have there !
There's nothing that resembles a Team there !