View Full Version : San Francisco in January

nightfighter
11-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Any fishing? Input appreciated... Might be out there the third week of January. It's either that or Delray Beach, Florida in Feb or March. Either way, I am just tagging along on better half's business trip....:)

rphud
11-24-2011, 09:34 AM
I would vote Delray and fish Reds up around Mosquito Lagoon in Feb/March myself. Let me know if you need a fishing partner for that. One of those bucket list things to do.

Sea Dangles
11-24-2011, 09:38 AM
If you go for reds in Mosquito Lagoon try to book Troy Perez.Outstanding redfish cap that will put you on big reds. Just don't ask him where to catch slots...

striperman36
11-24-2011, 11:00 AM
DelRay Rocks. I've fished mostly out of Jupiter during that time.

Reds are finicky depending on the weather.

Finaddict
11-25-2011, 01:32 AM
Stick with Florida Ross ... and Troy Perez is great and the reds are there and eating up in Mosquito Lagoon ... when I lived down there, went fishing a couple of times in early to mid February up in the no motor zone ... not much going during the day, had some rain and when it started near the golden hour ... tails came up everywhere, it was great ... a lot of the anglers in the no moter zone were looking for big black drum as well.

You will also have a good offshore bite too ... kings, sails, etc. One fishery that used to be always hot in the February time frame down in Miami ... about an hour sourth of you was night fishing for tarpon in Goverment Cut ... during the Miami Boat Show, a lot of the fishing discussed then was a night bite off the beach ... the fish would be up on top feeding on crabs/shrimp in the dark ... a couple of good captains for pretty much anything off the Miami/Halover area are Bouncer Smith and Dennis Forgione ... they will get you anything that swims in the waters from snook inshore to sails, snapper, grouper etc.

I have been to San Fran the past few Jans/Febs/Marchs for work ... tried to dig into the fishing scene there ... couldn't get that much info ... but the best info I got was from a couple that worked a resort in the Half Moon Bay area, they said the striper fishing season was more along the lines of our season ... although I couldn't pin them down on the details that much (which makes sense)

striperman36
11-25-2011, 12:07 PM
If you don't want to go to FL alone, maybe we can man up!

Swimmer
11-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Ross, you could ask Whitey, isn't that we here lived?

agroangler
11-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Ross, you could ask Whitey, isn't that we here lived?

I am origanally from the SF bay area and the fishing SUCKS, and "The Coldest Winter I Ever Witnessed Was a Summer in San Fransisco"

Go for Florida