View Full Version : Bose Sound Dock 10

ProfessorM
11-26-2011, 05:47 PM
I was over my bro in laws for thanksgiving and I was telling him how much I luv the Sound Dock he got me last year, he is an engineer at Bose. I told him the sound is fantastic and I am pretty fussy. He said if you like that than you need to hear the Sound Dock 10. He said I just happen to have a brand new one upstairs so he got it and opened the box and hooked it up. I was so blown away. The sound quality is truly beyond belief, as good as any system I have ever heard. He said that most of his fellow employees feel it could be their best sounding system ever. It isn't cheap, unless you got a bro in law that works there:), running around 6 bills but I told him I need one asap. If you are looking for a sound system for your IPOD or I Phone that is small but pretty much perfection in sound quality you need to listen to the unit. You will never need anything else again. P.

Saltheart
11-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Bose makes great products. I have 901 series 2 speakers that are almost 40 years old and they still deliver beautiful sound that few speakers can even come close to.

Sea Dangles
11-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Just got a Bose system for the tv,it kicks buttowski.

5/0
11-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Really top notch products,I have a pair of 301's there fifteen years old and they still sound good.

Hookedagain
11-26-2011, 10:39 PM
So did he give it to you Paul?

Raven
11-27-2011, 07:34 AM
my neighbor does aquisition for them
and just returned from China

blondterror
11-27-2011, 12:11 PM
here is a nice synopsis of the design of this new SoundDock 10... I need to hear it now...

SoundDock 10 Digital Music System - Bose iPod Speakers and iPod Docking Stations - iPod Accessories (http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/digital_music_systems/sounddock_systems/sounddock10/index.jsp)

ProfessorM
11-27-2011, 07:27 PM
So did he give it to you Paul?

lol. no but I got my order in. unfortunately he is very forgetful so i may have to wait a while but it will be worth it. Like I said the regular sound dock is pretty unbelievable and a must IMO for digital music in how clean the sound is and how loud it will go without distortion in such a small unit but this thing is above and beyond that, crazy good. My bro in law said there is tons of computer stuff in the thing that gives it the high advanced sound quality.

vineyardblues
11-29-2011, 04:50 PM
If I had your money I would burn mine :)

nightfighter
11-29-2011, 06:04 PM
So how much are you going to sell your old sound dock to me for??????

ProfessorM
11-29-2011, 07:59 PM
If I had your money I would burn mine :)

LOL. got a kick out of that. You hot #^&#^&#^&#^&t. You know darn right well I am broke and exhausted nowadays.

Sorry Ross when I do end up getting one I will be bringing that to work before my daughter steals it from me.

GregW
11-29-2011, 09:11 PM
I was so blown away. The sound quality is truly beyond belief, as good as any system I have ever heard. He said that most of his fellow employees feel it could be their best sounding system ever.

How could a system playing mp3s be one of the best ever? I thought the compression of the files greatly reduces quality:confused::confused:

MarshCappa
11-30-2011, 10:27 AM
How could a system playing mp3s be one of the best ever? I thought the compression of the files greatly reduces quality:confused::confused:

Exactly!!! We have a Pro-Ject turntable with Macintosh amplifier and Kef Reference loudspeakers and good collection of vinyl. The Pro-Ject has a USB port to download to an MP3. Hands down the best listening experience you'll hear. Bose makes some good mass consumer grade products and they spend a ton on marketing to make us believe it's the best. I could never afford these luxury items but it's nice to fire up these toys here in the office from time to time. If anybody wants to come in and take a listen just let me know.

Pro-Ject Audio Systems (http://www.project-audio.com/)

KEF Reference 205/2 Floorstanding Speaker - Free Shipping on KEF Floorstanding Speakers (http://www.kefdirect.com/reference-205-2.html)

McIntosh | Heritage (http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Brand/Pages/Heritage.aspx)

ProfessorM
11-30-2011, 07:57 PM
I said as good as any I have heard and in such a small box. I am sure there are many larger much more expensive systems, $7000 speakers, that would be better and any of my LP's are not worth #^&#^&#^&#^& with all the scratches so I luv my mp3's. Also the size and easy of placement and ability to move to where ever you what is another great benefit.

GregW
11-30-2011, 08:49 PM
I said as good as any I have heard and in such a small box. I am sure there are many larger much more expensive systems, $7000 speakers, that would be better and any of my LP's are not worth #^&#^&#^&#^& with all the scratches so I luv my mp3's. Also the size and easy of placement and ability to move to where ever you what is another great benefit.

I was not judging. I was seriously curious. I don't know enough about the technology to pass judgement. You seem to be into music a great deal so I was simply asking for clarification.

ProfessorM
12-01-2011, 10:15 AM
LoL I was just clarifying. All good. After seeing100's of live shows and working in a machine shop for 30 plus years I would probably not be the best authority on sound quality,Aka deaf as a haddock according to my wife.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

gf2020
12-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I happen to have a brother-in-law who works at Bose as well. I had him order me a SD10 today.

I'm not much of an audiophile but this will serve as a good replacement for the 20 year old Sony receiver and Cambridge Soundworks speakers that my wife and I currently have.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device