View Full Version : Again, right down the street. Dean Fight...

bart
12-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Anyone else see this? I drive by where this took place every day. Surprised nothing like this has happened before at Dean to be honest. The kids shooting the video are morons, they're wearing Dean football jackets! All over a pair of shoes. VIDEO: Brutal beatdown on college campus -- for $200 NIKE shoes - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIbArGu5nCg)

ecduzitgood
12-09-2011, 08:21 AM
People like that should be put down, what a POS.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Swimmer
12-09-2011, 10:19 AM
That poor kid, victim, never had a chance. School did right by the victim though. Tossed thier asses all out and they are not through. That perp didn't care whether they were his sneakers or not. He was just looking for a kid to bash. Just another gay person looking to come out of the closet, the bully that is.

bart
12-09-2011, 10:21 AM
that kid did look kind of metro...

bassballer
12-09-2011, 10:55 AM
I guess the parents submitted a receipt of the sneakers.

JohnnyD
12-09-2011, 12:46 PM
If true that the person getting the whooping stole the shoes then the thief made out better than he should have. If not, then he'd better get his day in court. This is how disagreements used to be settled... no courts, no police. Considering the way things are now, I'm surprised no one got shot or stabbed.

The video stated that some kids were expelled for "not helping the victim". Putting the ethics aside, I didn't know there was a legal obligation to help someone out in a situation like that.

bassballer
12-09-2011, 12:48 PM
If true that the person getting the whooping stole the shoes then the thief made out better than he should have. If not, then he'd better get his day in court. This is how disagreements used to be settled... no courts, no police. Considering the way things are now, I'm surprised no one got shot or stabbed.

The video stated that some kids were expelled for "not helping the victim". Putting the ethics aside, I didn't know there was a legal obligation to help someone out in a situation like that.

as stated above. The parents have brought the receipt for the sneakers to the authorities. They are pressing criminal charges on the kids.

fishbones
12-09-2011, 01:17 PM

There doesn't have to be a legal obligation. It's a private school on private property with their own conduct code. And if I was there, I would have stepped in to break it up, seeing as the kid wasn't able to defend himself.

JohnnyD
12-09-2011, 02:22 PM
as stated above. The parents have brought the receipt for the sneakers to the authorities. They are pressing criminal charges on the kids.
Missed that. Thanks.

There doesn't have to be a legal obligation. It's a private school on private property with their own conduct code. And if I was there, I would have stepped in to break it up, seeing as the kid wasn't able to defend himself.
Only the military or civil servants are required to put themselves in harms way for another. No school should be allowed to required someone to put him or herself in harms way. The choice should be the individual's. Aren't you over 6'? Then you've got a leg to stand on to step in. A bit of a different case for us short guys.

Like I said before, the way things are done today are much different than the past. Our litigation-enabling society creates a lot of issues for someone that steps in to help the guy on the ground - innocent or not. Speaking of which, the school will probably have a lawsuit on their case if kids were actually expelled merely for "not stepping in to help."

fishbones
12-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Missed that. Thanks.

Only the military or civil servants are required to put themselves in harms way for another. No school should be allowed to required someone to put him or herself in harms way. The choice should be the individual's. Aren't you over 6'? Then you've got a leg to stand on to step in. A bit of a different case for us short guys.

Like I said before, the way things are done today are much different than the past. Our litigation-enabling society creates a lot of issues for someone that steps in to help the guy on the ground - innocent or not. Speaking of which, the school will probably have a lawsuit on their case if kids were actually expelled merely for "not stepping in to help."

Johnny, I'm guessing you didn't get into a lot of fights when you were in college. College kids are bigger and stronger than HS kids. Even today, usually someone will jump in and break it up so that someone doesn't end up in the hospital. Back when I was in college, fights were usually broken up pretty quickly and the worst that would happen is a black eye or fat lip. In this case, I don't blame the school for expelling the punks. It reflects poorly on the scool that they would have students that not only don't help break it up, but they cheer it on like a buch of #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s. Not to mention that they knew it was being recorded and they figured it would be a good idea to jump in front of the camera like they were getting on tv at a Raiders game.

WESTPORTMAFIA
12-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Johnny u got to punch 1 st and hard that very 2nd you feel even a little threatened. I know it saved me from getting beat up by big guys a few times

bart
12-09-2011, 05:25 PM
"Strike first, strike hard....sweep the leg Johnny!" - Karate Kid

WESTPORTMAFIA
12-09-2011, 05:34 PM
"Strike hard, strike first....sweep the leg Johnny!" - Karate Kid

LOl

ProfessorM
12-09-2011, 08:54 PM
got to luv Franklin. Having grown up in Franklin in the 60's and 70's we hated the spoiled New York kids that went to Dean and we hassled them when ever we could. Not sure if the school is still a haven for spoiled NY kids as I have been gone from Franklin for a long time. No one should beat anyone like that. He beat him good and should have walked away, the poor kid gave up 1 second in and was over kill. Glad they got the boot from school.

JohnnyD
12-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Not sure if the school is still a haven for spoiled NY kids as I have been gone from Franklin for a long time.
I'm about a half mile from the campus and drive by pretty frequently. From what I've seen, the demographic has shifted quite considerably. Bart probably has a better idea.

bart
12-10-2011, 08:22 AM
We still don't take kindly to Dean folk 'round here. When I used to hang out at the Uptown Pub a group of Dean students would come in from time to time. They would get the eye from pretty much the whole bar, then proceed to leave shortly thereafter. If it was a group of Dean girls... now that was a different story.

Johnny's right. Dean is primarily made up of Asians, African Americans, and Hipsters...

Joe
12-11-2011, 07:54 PM
They fired my wife early in her career. Now she's a dean.

MarshCappa
12-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Just another gay person looking to come out of the closet, the bully that is.

WTF does that have anything to do with this incident? Such an ignorant statement.

GregW
12-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Missed that. Thanks.

I guess you missed the entire point. The school is PRIVATE. They can make a rule that must be followed in order to attend. They make the code of conduct and adapt it as needed.
The majority of colleges pride themselves on producing tomorrow's leaders. If you can not even stand up for a defenseless individual getting pummeled how can you honestly say that you can stick up for the employees under you when the time would come?
I believe you are letting your personal fears run wild and now want to blame the school.
I am not even close to 6' and have never had a problem standing up for what is right. So don't drag a height requirement into the argument.

JohnnyD
12-12-2011, 01:43 PM
I guess you missed the entire point. The school is PRIVATE. They can make a rule that must be followed in order to attend. They make the code of conduct and adapt it as needed.

Nope, not missing the point. Rules or no rules, schools should *require* someone it intervene if there is the potential for physical harm to come on you. It should be an individuals choice and hopefully those willing and able, do make the choice to step in.

What exactly am I "blaming" on the school? The school's completely in the right for expelling people that were cheering on and condoning the actions. I'm all for Private institutions doing whatever they want. If they expelled people for wearing shirts that are blue, it'd be their prerogative - don't mean I have to agree with it though.

It is a bit extreme though to compare someone not stepping in on a fight to someone in middle-management not stepping up for their employees.

Joe
12-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Inserting yourself into a street fight over sneakers is not advisable under any circumstances. The nature of the conflict speaks to the low value the participants put on human suffering. They are without honor.

Swimmer
12-12-2011, 03:36 PM

Nine have/were been expelled almost immediately, the one who did the beating and the eight who were at least morally obligated to ask the kid to stop beating the kid who did beating. Plus three more were enroute out the door last I heard.

Swimmer
12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
WTF does that have anything to do with this incident? Such an ignorant statement.

Many bullies have been found later on in life to have been gay all along. Making up for something they consider lacking in, by bullying other males, themselves that at some point they become corfortable with. Don't think it is ingnorant just because you don't understand someone else. Why didn't you ask me what I meant before you painted me with that broad brush. Doing what you did is ignorant.

MarshCappa
12-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Many bullies have been found later on in life to have been gay all along. Making up for something they consider lacking in, by bullying other males, themselves that at some point they become corfortable with. Don't think it is ingnorant just because you don't understand someone else. Why didn't you ask me what I meant before you painted me with that broad brush. Doing what you did is ignorant.

Many bullies found out later they were gay all along??? Sorry, don't buy it. Sounds lke your painting gays with a pretty broad brush. You can have your opinion though, i guess it just doesn't make any sense to this guy. I thought your statement came out of left field and had no merit or real proof. And you're right i don't understand you or anyone else that could think that by watching that video that the person beating up the victim could be gay after hearing why the incident took place.

fishbones
12-12-2011, 04:55 PM
And you're right i don't understand you or anyone else that could think that by watching that video that the person beating up the victim could be gay after hearing why the incident took place.

Maybe it's the whole fighting over shoes thing?

MarshCappa
12-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Maybe it's the whole fighting over shoes thing?

Ok that was funny and I'm sure my gay friends would laugh at that too. I have some really close friends that are gay so I'm pretty thin skinned when I see or hear stuff like that.

MarshCappa
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Actually after watching that video the bully probably would be a perfect fit for the police academy.

Swimmer
12-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Many bullies found out later they were gay all along??? Sorry, don't buy it. Sounds lke your painting gays with a pretty broad brush. You can have your opinion though, i guess it just doesn't make any sense to this guy. I thought your statement came out of left field and had no merit or real proof. And you're right i don't understand you or anyone else that could think that by watching that video that the person beating up the victim could be gay after hearing why the incident took place.

Broad brush, one bully? I think very few gay people are bullies. I was only talking about one person who in might be repressing gay tendencies by beating up someone who couldn't defend himself. How do you figure I was painting all gay people bullies.

Swimmer
12-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Actually after watching that video the bully probably would be a perfect fit for the police academy.

Ah thats it. Must haver just received your tax bill in Marshfield.

Your the same guy who referred/equated truthful testimoney on the witness stand as "whistle blowing" with me during an exchange last year.

I am sure your life is more full and complete because of all the gay friends you have. Doubles your chance of getting a date friday night having all those gay friends. Ask some of them about when they were being bashed for being gay when growing up, whether or not they thought the basher (bully) was gay himself, or talked about it afterwards with a counselor.

That film was shown at the academy. It was in regard to the training exercises we participated in over how to best maximized your physical potential when rushing the table that had the best donuts on it.

MarshCappa
12-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Ah thats it. Must haver just received your tax bill in Marshfield.

Your the same guy who referred/equated truthful testimoney on the witness stand as "whistle blowing" with me during an exchange last year.

I am sure your life is more full and complete because of all the gay friends you have. Doubles your chance of getting a date friday night having all those gay friends. Ask some of them about when they were being bashed for being gay when growing up, whether or not they thought the basher (bully) was gay himself, or talked about it afterwards with a counselor.

That film was shown at the academy. It was in regard to the training exercises we participated in over how to best maximized your physical potential when rushing the table that had the best donuts on it.

:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2: Alright, Alright, I'll back down. Admitedly I mistook your statement as having undertones of gay bashing. My mistake. I drive through Hanson a lot so even though i don't know you personally my S-B sticker might get me an extra fine or two if I got pulled over! You're entitled to your opinion and we had a misunderstanding. Go forward and protect and serve.

Joe
12-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Who cares?
People are painting two thugs fighting over pair of sneakers like it was a moral dilemma with social ramifications beyond the incident itself.
It isn't.
It's just a thief and a thug going at it.
We should be crossing our fingers in hopes that the two negatives will cancel themselves out and create a positive for society.

fishbones
12-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Who cares?
People are painting two thugs fighting over pair of sneakers like it was a moral dilemma with social ramifications beyond the incident itself.
It isn't.
It's just a thief and a thug going at it.
We should be crossing our fingers in hopes that the two negatives will cancel themselves out and create a positive for society.

Why would you call the beatee a thief? He didn't steal anything from the beater. His parents produced a receipt for those fresh kicks.

Joe
12-13-2011, 02:01 PM
:smash: Oh, sorry.

fishbones
12-13-2011, 02:16 PM
:smash: Oh, sorry.

No Joe, I'm sorry. He may have not stolen those sneakers, but he probably has stolen other things. And he's probably gay. There seems to be a lot of gays at that school from what I've been reading.

Swimmer
12-13-2011, 02:25 PM
:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2: Alright, Alright, I'll back down. Admitedly I mistook your statement as having undertones of gay bashing. My mistake. I drive through Hanson a lot so even though i don't know you personally my S-B sticker might get me an extra fine or two if I got pulled over! You're entitled to your opinion and we had a misunderstanding. Go forward and protect and serve.

Just so you know, I retired almost two years ago, and it wasn't from Hanson. And thank you for rereading my post. Your a gentleman.

MarshCappa
12-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Just so you know, I retired almost two years ago, and it wasn't from Hanson. And thank you for rereading my post. Your a gentleman.

Now if I just just get my wife to think I'm a gentleman I'll be batting 1000!!! A story for another thread................:rotf2:

bart
12-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Word around town is that the "victim" did actually steal the shoes, even though his family produced a receipt. Supposedly he wanted 2 pairs of the same shoe. Not saying this is true, but it's what a lot of people are saying.

Swimmer, I could use your "gay" logic against you. You're a retired cop, right? Well a lot of people think that most people join the force because they were bullied in HS and want revenge. Just sayin'...

JohnnyD
12-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Word around town is that the "victim" did actually steal the shoes, even though his family produced a receipt. Supposedly he wanted 2 pairs of the same shoe. Not saying this is true, but it's what a lot of people are saying.
If true, then I stand by my initial reaction... he got off easy.

bart
12-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Like I said, I'm not sure if it's true or not. But a person on Barstool last week said he was a Dean student and that the kid actually did steal the other kid's shoes. Didn't think much of it until I heard the same from a few people that you could say are"in the know" around town...