help finding places I can cast into the
passageways and rivers. I know the
Naples Fishing Pier and the regs but
any help with above and with species,
lures, etc.
JohnP

Finaddict
12-10-2011, 08:24 PM
You will likely find pompano and bluefish in the passes and outside bars, etc. at this time of year. In the backcountry, you can find snook and redfish, as well as laid up tarpon, but you will either need to hire a guide or get a skiff and do some exploring on your own. There may also be some snook under the dock lights at night. For lures, rubber jigs are always productive - like the Cotee Jigs and DOA CAL jigs ... the water is tanin in the backcountry because of the mangroves ... it's a bit darker water than outside along the beaches.

A good tackle shop to check out is the Everglades Angler ... Capt. Mark Ward runs a good shop ... while he focuses on fly fishing, he covers everything there and knows what's going on.

Fishing Florida Naples (http://www.evergladesangler.com/portal/)

There also are a number of other really good captains in the area that Mark can turn you on to .

bucko
12-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Delnor-Wiggins State Park in North Naples has an outlet from the back waters to the open ocean. People use live bait, chunk and plug there.

vineyardblues
12-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Johnny go for three months , explore :)

bart
12-11-2011, 08:56 AM
check out this site. scroll down to skip the intro and go to the forum Boatless Fishing Florida fishing Piers Bridges Jetties Beaches (http://www.boatlessfishing.com)

BostonIrish
12-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Got a place in Cape Coral...live bait works best..piers are ok but a boats best..the snook are big down there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

rodney
12-12-2011, 09:22 PM
i moved here full time in april i am on pine island, if you fish plugs and rubber up north, you can catch snook , tarpon , reds and trout down here. guides will fish bait so you will catch fish. i am having no problem! Enjoy, it is very fishy here, think structure current and bait, you will do fine! Pete

JoeBass
12-14-2011, 09:30 AM
I also recommend a side trip to a place called the Fackahatchy strand (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong). Not for fishing, just one of the coolest places I've ever been. I read about it in the book called "the orchid thief" (later made into the movie Adaptation). It's only about 1-2 hours drive from Naples. It is an 11 mile stretch of dirt road straight thruogh the Fackahatchy swamp. Easy to spot on a map. We saw so many cool things, gators , orchids, bromiliads, etc. A real jungle in there and no one else was there. Very primitive, very cool.

Swimmer
12-14-2011, 10:40 AM
:rotf2:John, did you figure out how to paint that plug in the tequila sunrise colors?

eelskimmer
12-15-2011, 02:18 PM
thanks everyone. Will bring pix
to TFCTFN. Is a tequila sunrise
like a Johnny Black on rocks???
Preferred drink 24/7!!
:biglaugh:

jeffsod
12-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Doctors Pass in Naples is a productive shore spot. You can access it from the south side but it requires pumping quarters in the parking meter and hiking the sand about a mile. Caught some large jacks there myself in the 5 to 7 pound class. Well maybe not large but they sure fight like hell. Also worth driving up to Lovers key. Park on the left just before Big Carlos Pass you can enter the park here for only a 1.00 or is it 2.00. Well its the honor system anyway. Still a productive stretch on foot.

The Delnor Wiggins access is a good spot too. But they don't let you in until 8:00am and you will have a lot of boat traffic thru the inlet on the weekends. Drive all the way to the end of the beach to get to the best access for the pass. This is a really nice beach on the top ten list in the state.

Swimmer
12-17-2011, 10:46 PM
John, Joe Chiampa is down there. Has been for years. Fishes every friekin day. I get you his web address and maybe you could hook up.

Duke41
12-17-2011, 10:58 PM
I was there last Feb.. fing cold down there. Pick your days

BostonIrish
12-22-2011, 10:46 PM
It's like 80 down there now..I'm heading to my place in 2 weeks..redfish and trout are biting now.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device