View Full Version : Rickbash

JohnR
12-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks!

Great time - kid slept whole way home ;)

rickhern
12-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Best one yet John. Great seeing the next generation having such a great time together. Very nice gesture on your part to include the kids. Thanks again for everyone that made it over.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

niko
12-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks Rick - had a good time. Dominic wants hockey stuff for christmas

Stewie
12-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Thanks Rick, I hadn't played street hockey in 40 years. I had a great time and I'll be eating well all week on some of the leftovers. :jump:

this is what Rick's driveway looked like all day.:uhuh:

lurch
12-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Great time! My son had a blast playing street hockey and being chased by Solo in the backyard. My wife and daughter also say thank you for the free lunches.

fishbones
12-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks, Rick! We had a great time. Food and the company was awesome. It was great seeing friends and meeting some new people, too. And a big thanks to Derek for the candy for the kids and to John for the kids lures. My son can't wait to get out next year and use the rubber shads. He kept asking what he could catch on them. I told him if he fishes like his dad he'll probably catch a lot of weeds and lobster traps.

rickhern
12-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Anyone else have a hard time sleeping last night? I was exhausted, son had 2 hockey games yesterday morning, up at 4:45. Fell asleep around 11, woke at 3 with my stomach on fire. Couldn't have had anything to do with the fish, rice, calzones, kielbasi, churico, wings or 12 whoopie pies would it?

Special thanks to Danny who did a great job on our 2011 Picture Montage. Check out http://dl.dropbox.com/u/505561/Rick%27s%20pary1.wmv. Thanks again Danny.

Couple of highlights for me:

The picture of The Sand Sled on South Beach that G2H and the Vineyard crew gave me.

Some cutthroat sniping at the Swap. Nobody was immune. Rita, I can't believe you took those plugs from Buzz:smash:(good work:love:)

Seeing my driveway used for what it was intended!

The Boy getting the best Swap gift, IMHO, Thanks Kenny.

Stewie, Thanks for scouting out the address the day before so you would be sure you could find it(again:biglaugh:)

Solo licking Greg's head and making the rounds over everyone on the couches.

My lovely girlfriend giving me an early Bday gift(I like presents) - Framed Picture of me on South Beach at Sunset, watching a baited rod and waiting for The Big One! It is awesome. Thanks Rita and thanks Lenny for the amazing photography(just far enough away to make me look good).

Maybe next year we will hae an early freeze and the kids can skate out back.

Sea Dangles
12-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Sorry I missed it Rick,not quite ready to be propped up in a corner yet.Sounds like it was a great time and even better company.

fishbones
12-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Sorry I missed it Rick,not quite ready to be propped up in a corner yet.Sounds like it was a great time and even better company.

It sounds like you already had the surgery. How's the recovery going?

GregW
12-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Anyone else have a hard time sleeping last night? \

I slept like a baby last night.

As always Rick , thanks for putting together such and awesome event. An awesome time with incredible food and even better company.

The Hern signature sebile was also pretty hilarious.

JohnR
12-12-2011, 11:41 AM
I slept like a baby.

Rick - thank you for pitching in the lures for kids too ;)

Mike P
12-12-2011, 12:51 PM
I gained three whole pounds. :rotf2:

redcrbbr
12-12-2011, 01:11 PM
sorry I wasn't there. Sometimes family has to come first. Happy Holidays to everyone

ecduzitgood
12-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Wish I could have been there but I had to work and it's gift buying time again :( I just let the last of the eels I got from you go in Quonny Wensday night. Does anyone feed their eels?

jimmy z
12-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Very nice pics my friend! Very nice indeed!

new jack
12-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Food was awesome( fish , calzones were dynamite). Good to some old faces and meet a few new ones as well. Thank you very much Rick and Rita for the hospitality.

5/0
12-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Wow sounds like I missed a really good time,I'll will make it next time and thanks again for the invite Rick.

Tagger
12-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Good seeing everyone ,,, "Whoopie Pies" were fantastic along with everything else .. Looked like the kids were schooling Anthony in hockey . missed Big Dave this year .. and Bob ... Thanks Rick and Rita for a great afternoon .. great people ..

derekl
12-12-2011, 09:14 PM
had a great time eat way too much and slept like a baby, thanks rick

rickhern
12-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey Danny, just finally had time to sit down and watch the video and it was SPECTACULAR! Great Job and thanks to all who contributed.

Down to my last whoopie pie:(

One other thing that I can't stop talking about. We had 10 kids at the party ranging from 5 to 10ish and they all were Great kids, very polite, played together with no problems. Seriously, all of you parents should be very proud of yourselves for raising such good kids. My son can't wait till the next event.

FoliFish
12-12-2011, 10:23 PM
I left hungry...LOL!!!

In all seriousness, THANK YOU!! Year after year you go above and beyond, opening your home and inviting a bunch of cretins and their kids to invade...truly outstanding!!!

Now my son Nicholas wants to know when you're going to open the rink out back so he can learn how to skate (of course I told him you will be the teacher...lol). Thanks to you, Rita, Anthony and everyone else for making it a great Sunday afternoon. Rick is correct....a bunch of great kids with a bunch of great parents!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks All!!
Peace Out!!
Dennis

WackinEm
12-12-2011, 11:21 PM
thanks a lot for having us rick. i had a great time, great food, and made it home just in time for my game...although i think all the street hockey might have tired me out a little bit and we ended up taking a loss. all in all a great afternoon

UserRemoved1
12-13-2011, 05:00 AM
Great day food was awesome glad to see everyone

FoliFish
12-13-2011, 08:21 AM
How many woopie pies are left??

rickhern
12-13-2011, 08:42 AM

rickhern
12-13-2011, 08:43 AM

fishbones
12-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Funniest moment of the day (aside from the yankee swap) was when Seamule (Drew) asked JohnR if he ever goes on SB.com.:rotf2:

JohnR
12-13-2011, 10:12 AM
I did say I go there on occasion....

rickhern
12-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Funniest moment of the day (aside from the yankee swap) was when Seamule (Drew) asked JohnR if he ever goes on SB.com.:rotf2:

I can't believe I missed that!!!:biglaugh:

rickhern
12-13-2011, 10:20 AM
John's son Liam slipped on some ice in the driveway while playing street hockey and went down hard, right at my feet. Shook off the cobwebs, utterred something fairly disparaging about the "Stupid ICE!!" and got back in the game. That's a hockey player! Honestly, if it had been me, I would probably still be laying out there, calling for Rita.

bloocrab
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
wow....:wall:.....sounds like I missed a good one.

Glad to hear everyone had a good time....so what happened to Jim in that squid picture??? :biglaugh:

rickhern
12-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Gilly, Rita was very disapointed that you did not make it this year, even threw a little tantrum. Actually, wasn't so much you that she missed as much as the Squid Stew.